Dec 16, 2013, 11:48 PM
Thread OP
Based on the posted cowl template and Craig's comments, both the Evo 35 and the Saito fit.
Last edited by marksp; Dec 16, 2013 at 11:56 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 17, 2013, 11:25 PM
I was just thinking through how many channels I will need for the Rx, and I believe that the floats can have their own Rx to drive the water rudders. A little Spektrum AR400 DSMX is full range and only $30. This would remove a servo wire going down from the plane and into the float.

Has anyone had luck binding multiple DSMX receivers to the same model channel?
Dec 17, 2013, 11:42 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge
I was just thinking through how many channels I will need for the Rx, and I believe that the floats can have their own Rx to drive the water rudders. A little Spektrum AR400 DSMX is full range and only $30. This would remove a servo wire going down from the plane and into the float.

Has anyone had luck binding multiple DSMX receivers to the same model channel?
I never had. Is that even possible?
Dec 17, 2013, 11:56 PM
Horizon Hobby Employee
It's quite possible, I usually do it with my float-equipped models. The only drawback is that the receivers have to be of the same 'family', at least that used to be the case. For example, I don't think the AR400 would work with an AR9020. I can check.
Dec 18, 2013, 12:02 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Greening
It's quite possible, I usually do it with my float-equipped models. The only drawback is that the receivers have to be of the same 'family', at least that used to be the case. For example, I don't think the AR400 would work with an AR9020. I can check.

I just did a check over on RCU. Like you said, they have to be of the same family. DSM2 x 2 Rx OR DSMX x 2 Rx

I'm not sure if they have to be the same number of channels though.

Craig, are we getting a definite date yet as to when these will be in? Thanks. Anticipation is killing me as I have this on order.
Dec 18, 2013, 07:48 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
They have to be the same protocol and resolution.

If you use a single receiver and a Y on the water rudders you'd need
1 Thro
2 L Ail
3 R Ail
4 L Flap
5 R Flap
6 Rudder
7 Elevator
8 Water rudder
9 Optical kill (optional)
10 Lights (optional)

So I'll be using a 9020

You could also do
1 Thro
2 L Ail
3 R Ail
4 L Flap
5 R Flap
6 Rudder
7 Elevator
8 L Water rudder
9 R Water rudder
10 Optical Kill (optional)
Dec 18, 2013, 08:11 AM
Horizon Hobby Employee
They're here and should ship today.

Regarding binding multiple receivers, these three conditions must be matched; protocol, speed and resolution. So; DSMX, 11ms and 1024 for both would work, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer

Craig, are we getting a definite date yet as to when these will be in? Thanks. Anticipation is killing me as I have this on order.
Last edited by Craig Greening; Dec 18, 2013 at 09:24 AM.
Dec 18, 2013, 09:33 AM
That's great. Mine has been on order also. Perfect timing for a winter project.

On my Eflite Beaver I made a small circuit board to join float rudders to rudder. I am hoping I will be able to hide the wires on this one.
Dec 18, 2013, 09:42 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Greening
They're here and should ship today.

Regarding binding multiple receivers, these three conditions must be matched; protocol, speed and resolution. So; DSMX, 11ms and 1024 for both would work, etc.
That's excellent news! Thank you so much Craig. You're a great guy!
Dec 18, 2013, 09:53 AM
Thread OP
Perhaps some big boxes under trees, and finally some un-boxing pictures for the holidays!

Cheers
Latest blog entry: Hangar 9 Timber 110
Dec 18, 2013, 09:55 AM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Here's the Evolution 7-35 installed.
Dec 18, 2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig greening
here's the evolution 7-35 installed.
Very nice....
Dec 18, 2013, 10:13 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
Craig, that's just cool!
Dec 18, 2013, 10:18 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Wow!
Dec 18, 2013, 10:41 AM
Very exciting. I am glad to see Hangar 9 offer electric friendly, giant scale models. I hope they continue with this, and include the warbirds to be electric friendly. I love the giant scale, and a sound system is often needed for ballast, and adds fantastic realism.

Quick Reply