This thread is privately moderated by Norm Furutani, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 19, 2013, 03:32 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

2014 Isaacson Winter Classic Free Flight Contest

Up date!
To speed up registration, we are going to use a pre entry form. Go to the file folder below and open "Ike pre entry" Copy and paste to your email.

Thanks!

Norm

February 8-10, 2014 - Lost Hills, CA

The 2014 Isaacson Winter Classic/Kiwi World Cup FF Contest

The flyers are up!

The big news is three new money prize events. 2014 will have the first “Paul MacCready Human Power World Championships” for handlaunch and catapult gliders, $900 in cash. Don DeLoach is bringing us the first “E-36 World Open” $450 in cash. Details are in the attached flyers.

In addition, Bud Romak and his pals are flying “Big E” 300 sq.in. plus unlimited rubber. On the other end of the size scale, Derek McGuckin and Bruce Hannah are cooking up an event for the new E-20 class.

The last 3 years we’ve been running entries close to 250! The only “Fab Feb” event that features events from the FAI, AMA, NFFS and SAM rule books.

Brian’s pictures from last year are posted below.

You’re invited!

Norm and Roger
Last edited by Norm Furutani; Jan 07, 2014 at 04:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 22, 2013, 02:17 AM
FF lift master...sometimes
Norm,

What is the entry fee for the MacCready events?

As an aside, I am very torn about the prize money--I compete but fly for fun. I know my nature and I know I will care more/too much about my performance with the prize money. Plus, I wasn't going to build new gliders until next summer, now I'll feel forced to change my build order and rate! Not at all sure I like having that much money involved.

--Bill
Nov 24, 2013, 07:29 PM
Thread OP
Hi Bill

Just realized there's comment section!
The MacCready events have the same fee as the other events. Ralph wanted to elevate the status of glider, therefore a "World Championship". He got the approval of the MacCready family and financial sponsorship to attract attention. So we're going to give it a go! As we did last year, to double your pleasure, we're offering nat. Cup glider events on opposite days.

See you in Feb!

Norm

BTW- Happy Birthday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewinged
Norm,

What is the entry fee for the MacCready events?

As an aside, I am very torn about the prize money--I compete but fly for fun. I know my nature and I know I will care more/too much about my performance with the prize money. Plus, I wasn't going to build new gliders until next summer, now I'll feel forced to change my build order and rate! Not at all sure I like having that much money involved.

--Bill

Quick Reply