Mar 02, 2014, 11:41 AM
I am running the T-motor 1806s and this little quad rips. The only problem with running these motor is you have to drill out two of the motor mount slots for the two wider bolt holes.

On a side note; I had my first crash due to not leveling my cc3d will plugging in power and broke the frame. It took two hours to disassemble and rebuild the quad along with $50.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 02, 2014, 11:48 AM
The only problem with those small t motors is if you fly aggressive the is not enough power to pull it off a dive fast enough . I use the Sunnysky motors on 3s lipo 1800mah packs and mine is fast
Mar 02, 2014, 12:03 PM
I plan on running the lauminer motors
Mar 07, 2014, 11:37 AM
I just got my v2 qav250 in yesterday. It's cool and a lot smaller than I thought. I started laying things out and I'm having a hard time finding a spot for all the gear while reducing interference.

This is the gear i'm trying to cram into the frame.:
Naza V1 + PMU v2 + Mini iOSD + GPS
Futaba R2008SB 2.4Ghz receiver
FPV cam
5.8Ghz 400mw vtx
Mobius

I'm more worried about interference. I want to place the futaba rx right behind the fpv cam, with the antenna attached to both front arms. Mobius will be placed on top. The GPS most likely right behind the Mobius on a stick. The vtx under the top plate with the cloverleaf coming out one of the holes. The naza will be right under the vtx and the GPS will be above the vtx and next to the clover leaf.

Should I wrap certain components in copper tape? I'm worried about the vtx causing issues with the naza and GPS.

Thanks!
Mar 07, 2014, 11:52 AM
You need to use ferrite rings on all your esc's then you should be fine.
Mar 07, 2014, 11:55 AM
I'll tell you I was going to use the naza audio but due ti it having so much extra I chose to go with the cc3d and i have always flown Naza but cc3d blows it out the water for this small quad
Mar 07, 2014, 12:26 PM
After trying to lay everything out last night, maybe I'll just skip the Naza and put a CC3d on it. I've had one flyaway a few years ago, and have been paranoid ever since. This is my first fpv rig, so i'm trying to cover all the bases as much as I can.

Cramming all the naza stuff into this tiny frame might not make sense. If I only installed the naza, I wouldn't be as worried. But If I was going to do that, I might as well install the cc3d.

I might be over thinking this build.
Mar 07, 2014, 12:37 PM
Ya I personally think it's just to much for such a small quad considering its going to Kill your flight time
Mar 14, 2014, 04:00 PM

The new Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter

you are not overthinking it. Many things to consider. With the naza+GPS I experienced weight and interference with möbius. After shielding möbius and video cable there was still weight to deal with. So now I have a naze32 on there. I still don't put on the top plate to save weight
Mar 14, 2014, 09:37 PM
I hope no one has asked this question.

Does anyone know if a Pixhawk will fit on the FC deck?

I wanted a Revo but I need to get to work on GPS and sensor testing for both indoor and outdoor flight.

I'll be using a FPV camera and on occasion a Mobius.

I really want to use a 250mm mini quad.

Pixhawk is 1.36" by 3.21"

Thanks,

Andy
Mar 15, 2014, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu0001
I hope no one has asked this question.

Does anyone know if a Pixhawk will fit on the FC deck?

I wanted a Revo but I need to get to work on GPS and sensor testing for both indoor and outdoor flight.

I'll be using a FPV camera and on occasion a Mobius.

I really want to use a 250mm mini quad.

Pixhawk is 1.36" by 3.21"

Thanks,

Andy
no oh fence but why would you buy a mini quad and stick a GPS on it ? Mini Quads these days are for the places you cant take your larger quads,

There's no RTH when your flying in trees.
Mar 15, 2014, 10:00 PM
Just in case anyone is wanting a QAV250, I just put mine up for sale.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2125341
Mar 15, 2014, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoRpiUs2009
no oh fence but why would you buy a mini quad and stick a GPS on it ? Mini Quads these days are for the places you cant take your larger quads,

There's no RTH when your flying in trees.
I don't plan to do much flying in trees.

I need a small machine to test all kinds of sensors, including GPS.

I need to work both inside, outside, in bad weather and prepare for much larger projects at work.

I might do some FPV and occasionally maybe even plop a Mobius on.

I was planning to buy a OpenPilot REVO but they are out of stock. Figured I could learn both OpenPilot and APM software. I do want a 32bit board so the APM 2.6 is out.

Anyway I really don't want to wait so I'll just throw down the $279.00 and get the Pixhawk if it will fit on either a QAV250 or a BAH Mini H.

Andy
Mar 16, 2014, 11:57 AM
Well after going back and forth over the past month, looking at all of the H platforms and my needs to learn as much as I can about the latest 32bit flight controllers.

I just ordered the QAV250, FX2206-13 2000kv motors, 12 amp ESC SimonK firmware and Gemfan 5x3 Props.

Even though my focus is Flight Controllers and all of the latest sensors, I really wanted a 250mm quad so I can work/fly indoors and outdoors.

I decided to wait for the Pixhawk till we get machines in work. Your right it is just too big.

My current plan after seeing the Flip 32+ (V2.1 Rev5) at Ready to Fly Quads is to order that and learn as much as I can about the MultiWii 2.3 platform.

Then when the OpenPilot REVO is back in stock with a new GPS I'll get that and have both OpenPilot and Arducopter 3.1 to play with.

Of course that plan could change in the next 5 minutes.

I haven't done any real soldering in close to 35 years ( Built a Sinclair ZX 81 kit in 1980) so the very nice power distribution board made my decision easy when comparing the other 250mm platforms out there.

Can't wait,

Andy
Mar 16, 2014, 12:10 PM
Well that took me less than 5 minutes.

I went over to OpenPilot and the REVO was in stock so I bought it...

Andy

Quick Reply