Nov 21, 2013, 02:09 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
Nice

Price?
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2013, 04:13 PM
There is a very similar nano FPV rig called the Spanky. It is available and fly's nice. I saw it here at the FPV lab weeks ago. It's $84 bucks and you can order it here

With style of frame, it seems like there is absolutely no way to police people from, ripping designs. I am not sure who was first, but Ikonic, HT,Lumenier,Ect... all are basically copies of the same thing with minor changes to make them their own.

Here is the Spanky, look familiar?

I would love to see some innovation from FPV frame builders. I get it , the design works but lets see something Truly New to the FPV market place. Am I the only one that sees this "All New" stuff that's late to the party as a little bit lazy?

Anyways I am not here to troll your thread, I hope you do well with your frame sales. I know you make great products. I love to watch JUZ , who I believe you sponsor fly his Lumenier
Nov 21, 2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akfreak
There is a very similar nano FPV rig called the Spanky. It is available and fly's nice. I saw it here at the FPV lab weeks ago. It's $84 bucks and you can order it here

With style of frame, it seems like there is absolutely no way to police people from, ripping designs. I am not sure who was first, but Ikonic, HT,Lumenier,Ect... all are basically copies of the same thing with minor changes to make them their own.

I would love to see some innovation from FPV frame builders. I get it , the design works but lets see something Truly New to the FPV market place. Am I the only one that sees this "All New" stuff that's late to the party as a little bit lazy?

Anyways I am not here to troll your thread, I hope you do well with your frame sales. I know you make great products. I love to watch JUZ , who I believe you sponsor fly his Lumenier
Well most quads share the same designs Either they will be a traditional X design or share the new FPV style design. But either way they will all look very similar in a way. I don't think people are ripping off each others designs. If anything the guy who made the first ever quadcopter should be the guy we should all thank! Without him we all would not have so many options to choose from. The only thing I can see that would make one truly new is to make a full profile mini FPV style quad that is waterproof. Now that will be nice. But I don't think it going to work great for a quad this size due to the extra weight, higher price, and durability.

For an FPV quad all I ask for is a simple design that is durable and easy to transport.
Nov 21, 2013, 05:12 PM
Suspended Account
s.y.g.i.g.h.
Last edited by foxactual; Nov 22, 2013 at 04:54 PM.
Nov 21, 2013, 05:43 PM
Thread OP
The pre-order for the first production run of the QAV250 is now live at GetFPV

http://www.getfpv.com/qav250-mini-fpv-quadcopter.html

Here is a first video introducing the QAV250

Introducing the Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter (1 min 35 sec)
Nov 21, 2013, 05:56 PM
Great Britain
I want to order the motors too, can I order the quad now and add the motors on later before it ships?
Nov 21, 2013, 06:14 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBen.
I want to order the motors too, can I order the quad now and add the motors on later before it ships?
The motors are on a different release schedule as the frame. We are expecting the motors sooner than the frames. You can order the frame now to hold one and once the motors are available we can try and combine your two orders or at least only charge you for one shipping cost -- I assume you are in the UK.
Nov 21, 2013, 07:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by akfreak

The QAV250 does not use the Clean/Dirty frame separation as the frame does not need it due to its construction, material, max prop size of 5" and overall low weight.

If you want to research the evolution of clean/dirty FPV H-Frame designs with 4 bobbins in the outer perimeter of the dirty frame, you can take a look at this page as a good starting point: http://www.fpvmanuals.com/2012/05/01/qav500/
Nov 21, 2013, 07:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
Nice

Price?
Pre-order is up:
http://www.getfpv.com/qav250-mini-fpv-quadcopter.html
Nov 21, 2013, 08:42 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
is this a cf frame?
Nov 21, 2013, 09:51 PM
RC FPVer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
is this a cf frame?
No, it uses G10 material for the frame plates. Very strong, and doesn't block RF signals like Carbon Fiber can.
Nov 21, 2013, 09:58 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
I see

G10 is also heavier and not as durable as CF

I guess both materials have there good and bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf1punk
No, it uses G10 material for the frame plates. Very strong, and doesn't block RF signals like Carbon Fiber can.
Nov 21, 2013, 11:40 PM
Subscribed.
Nov 21, 2013, 11:51 PM
sweet!
Nov 22, 2013, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS
Well most quads share the same designs Either they will be a traditional X design or share the new FPV style design. But either way they will all look very similar in a way. I don't think people are ripping off each others designs. If anything the guy who made the first ever quadcopter should be the guy we should all thank! Without him we all would not have so many options to choose from. The only thing I can see that would make one truly new is to make a full profile mini FPV style quad that is waterproof. Now that will be nice. But I don't think it going to work great for a quad this size due to the extra weight, higher price, and durability.

For an FPV quad all I ask for is a simple design that is durable and easy to transport.
+1. Well said. There are enough of these on the market with enough minor variations, people can find the one that suit their needs. Having a longer platform just make sense for carrying more gear. No doubt about that. I think there are a lot of possibilities to modify this basic design. We'll have to see who's willing to accommodate community requests. That to me is a game changer in mentality.

Flexibility, modular, innovative... My needs may not be suitable or necessary for everyone, options empower the community.

Quick Reply