Nov 19, 2013, 01:15 PM
Thread OP
New Product

The new Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter

I am excited to announce the soon to be released Lumenier QAV250 Mini FPV Quadcopter airframe. With small yet fully functional FPV quadcopters having gained a lot of popularity recently, we decided to design a small FPV airframe that deserves the QAV label. The QAV250 is a symmetric 250mm size airframe that accommodates 5" props. The 250mm is measured motor shaft to motor shaft diagonally.

Our airframe was designed to support a 3s lipo setup and powerful 2206 2000kv motors that will be released as the Lumenier FX-2206-13 2000kv.

Unique aspects of the QAV250 include the following...

Features
  1. A 2.5D CNC-ed G10 unibody main frame board
  2. Integrated power distribution board for ESCs and FPV flight electronics
  3. 2 integrated LED strips (white and red) to aid LOS orientation
  4. Easy Lipo Access (suggested Lipo is a Lumenier 3s 1300mah)
  5. Support for 32mm board cams as well as cams in cases with mounting bracket
  6. Support for HD camera (such as the Mobius)
  7. Integrated and included Landing Gear reminiscent of the QAV500 CF Landing Gear

Weight
  • Airframe: 145g (with PDB and LED boards)
  • AUW: The QAV250 is flown with an AUW of around 530g (includes all flight electronics, FPV gear and Mobius HD camera).

Vibration Free Video

Like all QAV airframes, the QAV250 produces vibration and jello free HD recordings. We achieve this vibration free performance without the use of Lumenier's clean/dirty frame separation that is utilized in larger QAV airframes such as the QAV400, QAV500, and QAV540G. This simplifies the small QAV250 airframe, making it lighter, reduces parts count, and failure points. We will soon release flight videos flown by our Team of Lumenier pilots.

Availability

The QAV250 will go on pre-order in November and will ship before Christmas 2013. Retail price is still TBD.

Suggested Build Parts

The new addition to the family!

Last edited by timnilson; Nov 21, 2013 at 07:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2013, 01:28 PM
Team cobra USA/ team n-armed
Dammit, I'm not gonna have any money for xmas

How much?
Nov 19, 2013, 02:00 PM
Nice Tim! Will the Mobius cam fit in between the frames?
Nov 19, 2013, 02:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS
Nice Tim! Will the Mobius cam fit in between the frames?
The Mobius goes on top of the frame and is held on with thin velcro. The flight cam goes in-between the bottom and top plate.
Nov 19, 2013, 03:02 PM
Team cobra USA/ team n-armed
Do you have specs for the motors?
Nov 19, 2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson
The Mobius goes on top of the frame and is held on with thin velcro. The flight cam goes in-between the bottom and top plate.
Yea that's what I figured. My other frames has the Mobius mounted on top, but the camera is not really protected when your crashing into trees I was hoping to use the Mobius as a dedicated FPV cam to save some weight and having it inside may save the lens from getting damage in a head on collision haha
Nov 19, 2013, 03:35 PM
RC FPVer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTypeS
Yea that's what I figured. My other frames has the Mobius mounted on top, but the camera is not really protected when your crashing into trees I was hoping to use the Mobius as a dedicated FPV cam to save some weight and having it inside may save the lens from getting damage in a head on collision haha
Sounds like you need to dodge those trees!

You could mount the Mobius inside, just behind the front 2 frame posts. Just mount it a little off the frame with some foam or neoprene and velcro or zip-tie it down. Then you should have a clear shot. I've attached an example photo for you.
Nov 19, 2013, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf1punk
Sounds like you need to dodge those trees!

You could mount the Mobius inside, just behind the front 2 frame posts. Just mount it a little off the frame with some foam or neoprene and velcro or zip-tie it down. Then you should have a clear shot. I've attached an example photo for you.
Lol it's not easy dogging trees when your having too much fun zipping through the woods Thanks just what I wanted to see...
Nov 19, 2013, 05:54 PM
Crash Test Dummy
dammit... subscribed
Nov 19, 2013, 06:25 PM
RC FPVer
A few pictures of the prototype doing some FPV flight testing tonight. Tons of fun!
Note that in the pictures you see below the finished PDB and integrated LED boards are not yet on the frame. (this is a prototype)
Last edited by surf1punk; Nov 19, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
Nov 19, 2013, 06:31 PM
Very cool !
Nov 19, 2013, 07:05 PM
:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf1punk
A few pictures of the prototype doing some FPV flight testing tonight. Tons of fun!
Are they Tiger 2206's? They look smaller?

Nov 19, 2013, 07:16 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma
Are they Tiger 2206's? They look smaller?
Here is a close-up.

Nov 19, 2013, 07:27 PM
:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timnilson
Here is a close-up.

Thanks Tim! Nice motors.
Nov 19, 2013, 08:44 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Any particular reason why the second layer that outlines the frame and arms, not continue out to and around the motor mount area? Not that I think anything's wrong with it, just curious from a design/function/purpose standpoint.

Quick Reply