Nov 21, 2013, 12:57 PM
Intermediate Multi
Quote:
Originally Posted by williame3590
Yes...... been there Harry but my friends are all here. There's been more action here in 2 days then there has been there in a month.

Bill
Now if we can just bring the Vintage Boat Plans thread back here where it belongs.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 21, 2013, 03:22 PM
Thread OP
What the.........

Bill
Nov 21, 2013, 03:48 PM
I purchased this early 50's "KOMET" (Swedish kit boat) on auction, and sold it again, keeping the (aero) engine that came with the box...
Nice old boat, but I don't miss it, as I'd prefer building my own, eventually...

Last edited by Gluehand; Nov 21, 2013 at 06:50 PM.
Nov 22, 2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
What the.........
Read "Aims of the forum"

Perfectly good "Classified ads" section elsewhere.

Regards Ian.
Nov 22, 2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluehand
I purchased this early 50's "KOMET" (Swedish kit boat) on auction, and sold it again, keeping the (aero) engine that came with the box...
Nice old boat, but I don't miss it, as I'd prefer building my own, eventually...

That's particularly interesting to me. Do you know which company this kit was made by? And do you have any more plan images, in particular a plan view?
Nov 23, 2013, 03:40 PM
Hi Dodgy,

"KOMET" was introduced "late 40's/early 50's", by the "Wentzel's" Company, Stockholm (a well known hobby merchant over here).
"KOMET" became very popular, and the kit was sold for several years....
LOA is about 600 mm (24"), and it is designed for single channel RC (or "tethered" use).
This boat was mostly seen with diesel engines of .10 to .15 ci displacement. (typical: Webra Mach I watercooled)
It was a very nice kit, with an all mahogany plywood hull.

Unfortunately - as so often with "kit boats" - most parts were die-cut and there was no full size plan coming with the box...
Unless someone has scanned and measured the parts of a kit, there is no existent plan...
I do keep my eyes open though, and If I find a kit on auction, I'll try to win it just to make a proper documentation....then re-selling the kit to a collector...

What you see below is all documentation that I've got.
Using this, drawing up something similar to the original wouldn't be impossible...

Should I find a "proper" documentation, I'll definitely post it here...

Last edited by Gluehand; Nov 23, 2013 at 05:23 PM. Reason: ...found another photo "out there"
Nov 23, 2013, 05:40 PM

Bridge

Another old Swedish boat kit was "Bridge", LOA 890 mm (35").
Kitmaker & distributor was "Beckman & Co", Stockholm.
To this one, I do however have a full-size plan, including formers & other details...
(an ED Diesel and rubber powered escapement are drawn in...)

Last edited by Gluehand; Nov 23, 2013 at 06:09 PM.
Nov 24, 2013, 11:01 AM

Carioca

Another "all-time great" model boat on the Swedish scene was "Carioca", which was a "Wentzel's" kit.
A fairly small model with a LOA of 460 mm (18").
The initial "Carioca" was designed about 1945, later on followed by a "Mk II" version with a more modern look (windscreen etc...)
It was designed for combustion engines of 0.5 to 1.00 cc, or electric power.

A full size plan of the "Carioca Mk I" as well as a serial build article was published 1945, in the "HOBBY" magazine (also a Wentzel's production).
I do have this paperwork, of which parts are shown below.
Should anyone be interested, I could supply a "paper copy" (which also goes for the "Bridge", shown above...)

Let's not forget all those lovely boats...!
Last edited by Gluehand; Nov 24, 2013 at 11:17 AM.
Nov 25, 2013, 05:19 PM
Thread OP
Hey Gluehand, here's a few vintage marine engines. I really like these types of engines, loads of charater.

Bill
Nov 26, 2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Hey Gluehand, here's a few vintage marine engines. I really like these types of engines, loads of charater.

Bill

I have a soft spot for the Taycol series of marine electric motors: http://taycol.hobby-site.com/
Nov 26, 2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
I really like these types of engines, loads of charater.
I agree....

These are my marine engines:

Last edited by Gluehand; Nov 26, 2013 at 05:38 PM.
Dec 25, 2013, 12:29 PM
To some degree helped by Mother Nature, I "built" this one, a few years ago.

With this, literally, small contribution, I wish you all a slightly delayed Merry Christmas..!

Last edited by Gluehand; Dec 25, 2013 at 06:47 PM.
Dec 25, 2013, 08:48 PM
Any body collect a marine glow engine called "Camran? (sp) 19.
It was a boat motor only with water cooling and fly wheel.
Dec 26, 2013, 04:43 AM
Do you mean "CAMERON 19" ?
Here's a catalogue pic from early 60's.

Dec 29, 2013, 02:19 PM
lla
lla
customer service is key
thought you would like to see
Gregg
Latest blog entry: about me

Quick Reply