Nov 18, 2013, 07:12 PM
wh0'5 r34dy 70 637 1nv3r73d?!
Build Log

Hobby King B-17G Flying Fortress - PNF - 909 Scheme Build Log and Details

Hi all,

thought some of you might be interested in reading about the build process on the Hobby King B-17, the "909". I couldn't find much information on the plane before I bought it, so I detailed the entire build so that anyone else looking for more info on the plane can go into it more prepared than I was.

I have outlined everything with pictures and detail on my blog. Please feel free to take a look and leave any comments on the blog, or discuss and ask questions here too.

Here's the link:

http://techandtonic.com/my-hobbies/r...tress-pnf-909/

Hope this helps someone else!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2013, 05:42 AM
Well that sounded fun - another convert to the FHK club....
Nov 19, 2013, 08:56 AM
If anyone hates HK its their own fault for the way they treat their customers.
Nov 19, 2013, 02:53 PM
Hey, I agree - I'm a flag-flying FHK member.....:-)
Nov 19, 2013, 03:13 PM
Heres a thread on the B-17
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...hlight=xuav+17
Nov 19, 2013, 04:55 PM
Well HK refuses to help replace or support me on the broken parts that arrived with the plane. Some parts were flat out missing. They just closed my support case without any explanation. I can no longer recommend Hobby King to anyone. They have been absolutely horrible in the customer support department, and refuse to stand behind their products.

For as much advertising as they do, they certainly don't care about their customers.

See the attached file for my interaction with their "award winning" customer support team. I follow their directions to send proof, and they deny my claim. They even tell me if I have already assembled the part, send a picture of it. I do this, then they deny my claim for it.

Last edited by DaxxRuckus; Nov 19, 2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: added picture in better resolution
Nov 19, 2013, 05:02 PM
I only buy little things from them and sometimes a plane but if its a minor fix I fix it myself.
Nov 19, 2013, 05:07 PM
Why did you put it together knowing it was damaged . Should of reported when you opened it . They probably think you flew it and crashed it
Nov 21, 2013, 11:57 AM
I put it together because I already had most of the plane together (wings, etc) before I found the damage to the servo rod connectors in the fuselage. Then their email to me said that if I already had the plane assembled, to just lay it out and take pictures. So I followed their instructions.

Now they are denying my claim because I did what they told me to!

Seriously, last time I ever shop with Hobby King. I'd rather support my local shops now than save the money with HK. I actually didn't even save any money after shipping.