Nov 17, 2013, 01:32 PM
Thread OP
Alert

Please help Georgia Model Aviator keep our flying field!

Dear Fellow Modelers,
I am writing to ask you to send an email letter to help us keep our flying field. Georgia Model Aviators in Ball Ground, Georgia leases its lying site from Forsyth County. To stand a chance of keeping our field we need to impress the commissioners with how big model aviation really is. That is why we are asking our US brethren, and those in every county who gets this note to send a email to the commissioners.
You can see our club facilities by going to www.gmarc.com.
A sample letter with addresses is shown below. Cut and paste it into your email system and add your name and location at the bottome.
We hope that you will support us and help us to continue promoting RC Modeling at Georgia Model Aviators.

Thank You, Lou Melancon, member Georgia Model Aviators.

Send your email to: [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] [email protected]
CC: [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] <[email protected]>; [email protected] [email protected]

Dear Forsyth County Commissioners,
I am writing in regards to the Georgia Model Aviators Model Airplane Flying field property leased from Forsyth County.
I am an active radio control model flyer and I am asking that you do not terminate the Georgia Model Aviators flying site lease at the end of 2015 because it is one of the best flying sites in the United States. Georgia Model Aviators supports grade school student programs, the Boy Scouts of America, Disabled Veterans organizations host many aviation contest attended by people from across the country and constantly reaches out to the community through air shows and exhibitions.
This flying site has not cost the county any money. The Georgia Model Aviators membership has contributed over $250,000 to develop this former earthworm farm into a premier model aviation facility.
Georgia Model Aviators is a continuous, positive influence in the Forsyth County community. The world we are raising our children in has many latch key kids, whose entertainment is video games, MTV, and the internet. We offer a positive, wholesome, alternative of learning about, constructing at home and flying at our field model airplanes that have as their inspirations flights of fancy in the minds of young people.
Model Aviation is an activity where families can and do participate together in a bonding experience. Yes, our airplanes make noise, similar to lawnmowers and weed eaters whose engines are distantly related to those in our airplanes. We make less noise than motorcycles going down the street or emergency vehicle sirens whose sounds are accepted and acceptable. We also provide a path to develop skills, a sense of accomplishment and achievement and community for young and old alike. We are an activity and hobby whose benefits far exceed any of the drawbacks that have been mentioned regarding our activities.
I hope that you will consider the positive impact of Georgia Model Aviators to the county and surrounding communities, our positive impact to young lives, our respect for the property you have entrusted to us and our love of aviation and preservation of its heritage as reasons to continue your lease with Georgia Model Aviators.
Best regards,
Please put your name and Country, City, and State here.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply