Jan 30, 2019, 07:19 AM
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\ulrs\avrdude\firm ware.hex
to remove ads between posts
Jan 30, 2019, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gppsoft
How to get .hex file for USBASP?
Go to the Flash firmware page on ULRSCC. Pretend to flash a module with nothing but a FTDI adapter connected. Observe the text in the status window and you will see the path for the hex file. Flash the hex file file to the module via USBASP.
Jan 30, 2019, 12:23 PM
I'm looking for a little insight from anyone with experience with the Orangerx receivers the come with the Bluetooth integrated TX modules. I know that they are "not recommend" on the ULRS site. However, I followed the instructions there and after some tedious soldering I have it working. I don't notice ant servo interactions as described in the website...at least not any worse than the Orangerx module I used previously. What I am curious about is input voltage. The manual says it will accept 6.8-12v DC. I would like to run it off of my 4s flight pack. Does anyone know what s this would be acceptable?
Jan 30, 2019, 02:56 PM
Thread OP
On the TX, the same switching regulator as on the 1W OrangeRX is used, which supports max 36V input.

The RX has a switching regulator too, but I didn't check its exact specs, but it's very likely good for at least 20V.
Jan 30, 2019, 03:02 PM
Concerning to photo on flipflap's site DC-DC converter of that receiver is based on XL1530 IC. Its datasheet says it is operable up to 18V: "Wide 3.6V to 18V Input Voltage Range".
Jan 30, 2019, 04:30 PM
RC fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by athertop
If anyone can offer any advice on my issue with the Bee boards - maybe some tips what to check next as all my ideas are exhausted. I did check the spectrum analyser tab (as suggested by FlipFlap and nothing else is using the area of the spectrum I use (459mhz). I also have several tuned dipoles which test out perfectly on my vector analyser - well, SWR of 1.2:1 and 58ohms, so its as close as I can get for a dipole without a balun.
I think my Bee board issue could have been the power supply. Looks like the 5v telemetry power supply from the Matek F405 Wing board doesn't seem to be able to deliver enough current for the ULRS board - either that or the power supply is noisy (can't imagine the latter to be the case though). I have a Hobbywing Flyfun v5 60A ESC in this new fx61 build and it provides a 6amp 5.2v supply from its SBec, so I have powered the ULRS Rx from this instead and seeing much better results. Actually, in the last 15mins of having it powered, I have heard three telemetry lost/recovered messages - the recovery was instant though, so hopefully a non-issue. I'll keep testing before I fly the maiden.
Jan 30, 2019, 05:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD00
Concerning to photo on flipflap's site DC-DC converter of that receiver is based on XL1530 IC. Its datasheet says it is operable up to 18V: "Wide 3.6V to 18V Input Voltage Range".
Good eyes I've now updated the site with this info : http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/oran...Power_supply-2
Jan 30, 2019, 05:08 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by athertop
I have it working with BT. The way I do it in Windows 10, is to Pair with the BT board in Windows (entering the correct PIN when requested), then go into More BT options, check out the two com ports it has created for your BT adapter, and delete the incoming com port - you only need the outgoing one to connect windows to the BT adapter/ULRS Mini Tx. When you run the CC app, it does take longer to start up as it is very slow detecting the BT adapter as suggested, but it does eventually do this and you are able to connect over that BT outgoing Com port. I use this connection, then run the Mavlink server - which allows both the CC app (to connect to the Tx) and also Mission planner to connect to Ardupilot simultaneously (at least on the bench it does as it requires a router to do it in the field so a bit of a non starter).
Added to the site here : http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/usin...with_Bluetooth
Jan 30, 2019, 05:17 PM
Just for more clear look at effects of 1 Wt dipole near field - look at results of modelling Yak-54's 4-element Udo-Yagy antenna.

Blue lines here are currents. In terms of voltages, for 1 Wt input power, it means 9V+- on powered dipole. Notice amplitudes on passive directors and reflectors on 150 mm range.
Jan 30, 2019, 09:01 PM
ICSP VTG pin have is 5v when is module is powered. Not 3.3. I think you can flash USBASP 5 volts without breaking the module

PS: Info for 1w receive module from HK
Last edited by gppsoft; Jan 30, 2019 at 09:07 PM.
Jan 31, 2019, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD00
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\ulrs\avrdude\firm ware.hex
Ok. I am flashing but rx module not wirking. led is no light
Jan 31, 2019, 06:22 AM
Thread OP
The RX will only light up when there's an active connection. Tx will light up immediately.
Jan 31, 2019, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
The RX will only light up when there's an active connection. Tx will light up immediately.
What am I doing wrong?

I Have:

Fuses: Low=0xF7, High=0xD8, Extended = 0xFD

I am flashing chip firmware.hex But after the firmware does not light up. I am trying to connect via RX and TX on the side of the board, but the configurator does not load the data. Do I have to make any more manipulations with the board? My board is 1W receiver. How to get firmware for receiver? Firmware for RX and TX is same?
Last edited by gppsoft; Jan 31, 2019 at 06:54 AM.
Jan 31, 2019, 07:17 AM
Multirotors are models too!
Anyone know how long a 100mW module will last @ 5v? I accidently powered one with 5v. It got a little warm, but no smoke. maybe 10 seconds max ....
Latest blog entry: Test entry
Jan 31, 2019, 07:25 AM
Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by gppsoft
What am I doing wrong?

I Have:

Fuses: Low=0xF7, High=0xD8, Extended = 0xFD

I am flashing chip firmware.hex But after the firmware does not light up. I am trying to connect via RX and TX on the side of the board, but the configurator does not load the data. Do I have to make any more manipulations with the board? My board is 1W receiver. How to get firmware for receiver? Firmware for RX and TX is same?

Try "0F" for the lock bits

Quick Reply