Jan 28, 2019, 11:38 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gppsoft
Hello. I have a few questions.

1. I have a problem with "Ultimate LRS Control Center 2.35a rc" After start app if freezing and not reflectable. How this fix? Maybe download other vercion of CC?

2. Can I use a 5 volt USBAsp for programming the receiver, provided that I will not take power from it, but only connect the data(SCK,RST,MISO, MOSI)? I do not have a switchable version of USBASP(5v only)

3. How to configure Bluetooth for settings?

P.S: Orange RX and TX from HK with bluetooth.
Usually the freeze happens if Bluetooth is active.

5v usbasp should work, even if not ideal.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2019, 11:39 AM
Multirotors are models too!
Was trying to flash a Hobbyking module with a FTDI adapter. Does the module need to be powered by the radio as well? I was getting a sync error message from AVRdude...
Latest blog entry: Test entry
Jan 28, 2019, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty105
I was getting a sync error message from AVRdude...
I saw that while flashing old Orange RX'es purchased in 2012 or so. Reason is outdated Arduino bootloader. Flashed modern one using Arduino and USBasp, now it works.
Jan 28, 2019, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD00
I saw that while flashing old Orange RX'es purchased in 2012 or so. Reason is outdated Arduino bootloader. Flashed modern one using Arduino and USBasp, now it works.
Theses are brand new with Bluetooth, just off the $5 sale....
Jan 28, 2019, 02:56 PM
Can you copy-paste here avrdude output ?
Jan 28, 2019, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD00
Can you copy-paste here avrdude output ?
Later tonight....
Jan 28, 2019, 04:40 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty105
Theses are brand new with Bluetooth, just off the $5 sale....
The OrangeRX modules with Bluetooth have for some reason a bootloader that works at 115200 bauds like the Wolfbox.

--> http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/oran...ooth/#Baudrate

Try selecting "Wolfbox" to flash the TX, if using the FTDI method. You'll find some info on the usbasp method on the same page.
Jan 28, 2019, 05:03 PM
Brett
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
The OrangeRX modules with Bluetooth have for some reason a bootloader that works at 115200 bauds like the Wolfbox.

Try selecting "Wolfbox" to flash the TX, if using the FTDI method. You'll find some info on the usbasp method on the same page.
Flipflap can that Rx be programed as a Tx ?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx...433mhz-rx.html
Jan 28, 2019, 05:28 PM
RC fanatic

Bee board issues

Hi all,

Anyone on here successfully using the Bee board as a Rx? I now have 2 planes (Mini-Talon about 6 months old, and new fx-61) both equipped with Bee boards as Rx, both embedded in wings with a short coax and dipole mounted vertically, and both connected to Matek F405 Wing FC's running Ardupilot (ChibiOS) - bee board powered from the FC directly. For the older Mini-Talon, the Bee board is powered from the 4.5v RC/SBUS header. For the new fx61 build I spotted the 4.5v header may not be the best idea so I use a spare 5v telemetry header instead, rated at 3amps .

I reported in here (several months ago) that when flying the Mini-Talon in RTL, circling over head, that this plane was reporting Telemetry Lost messages on my Taranis. I believe this was actually the link lost now. I can reproduce this on the bench also. I see in CC a failsafe message and RSSI loss, then blinks back to life.

The new plane I just built is my 2nd fx61 wing and I also fitted this with a Matek F405 Wing FC and the Bee board - this time I feed the board with 5v from a spare 5v telemetry header on the FC (not realising that the RC/SBUS header on the F405wing board is actually 4.5v). I have tested this model with two different Bee boards. The first continually reports "Telemetry Lost", then "Telemetry Recovered" every few seconds cycling back and forth continually (I can confirm it is the link failsafing when I look at ULRS CC connected to the Tx). Replacing this Bee board for my spare Bee board, I again hear the Telemetry lost message, but far less frequent on this one, so suspect an issue with the first Bee board. So seeing this is what got me to dig out the mini-talon for a comparison (mentioned above which also reports Telemetry lost messages).

So you have to wonder, is it perhaps the ULRS Tx module which is causing the issue as this is a common factor right? - The Tx isa inside a box on the back of my taranis, (which also has teensy telemetry converter and WiFi module for Mision Planner) The ULRS board in this Tx is actually a "Dolphin" board. So I thought I'd dig out my old fx61 model, which is my third and final model which has ULRS installed. This one also has a Dolphin board emedded in the wing (photos on FlipFlap's website of this somewhere). Well I have just left this model connected up for an hour on the bench, and not one "Telemetry Lost" message - the link between Dolphin<->Dolphin has been flawless (mirroring my experience flying this model also).

So, the problem does seem to be related to the Bee board, (in combo with F405 flight controller possibly, but not confirmed). Any advice would be gratefully received, as most of my hair has now been pulled out!

Cheers, Paul
Last edited by athertop; Jan 29, 2019 at 05:30 AM.
Jan 28, 2019, 08:16 PM
Quote:

Tried the Wolfbox setting, and still got this message

Quote:
01/28/2019 08:14:57.726 avrdude.exe: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
01/28/2019 08:14:58.326 avrdude.exe done. Thank you.
.Also tried the other setting ULRS and Orange RX, still same error

ULRS control says connected on com 3 57600 bauds

Does the Orange module need to be powered by the radio?
Jan 29, 2019, 05:53 AM
Looks like no response from bootloader. Did you connect DTR pin ? If yes, did you test your FTDI on some other Arduino board, loading sketches ?

I see that V+ line from FTDI connector goes strait to RFM power input, probably it connected to DC-DC output too. So it is good idea to get power from radio, not from FTDI itself.
Jan 29, 2019, 06:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by athertop
Hi all,
Hi Paul,

I removed the Dolphin from the list of boards a long time ago, I'm not confident in it.

Now check with the spectrum analyzer if there's any interference, especially from the wifi module.
Jan 29, 2019, 06:38 AM
RC fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana
I have a question regarding SAMI board. How you connect Telemetry with the board ? There are no UART connection pins for Rx / Tx ? Is the BT Module the only way for Telemetry ?

After designing my Penguin Board with Switched Bec and provision for using NARPAT Mod , I went ahead with porting the Switched BEC to SAMI board and made separate 5V / 6-9V to RFM Board. The Changes to Sami board is almost complete, but before sending both the Board for production (OSH or Seedstudio), I want to make sure if I still need to make changes to hook Telemetry .

-Ujjwal
Hi, wondering if your design ever came to fruition? I also would be keen to get at least telemetry Tx, 5v, Gnd pin headers exposed on the board to connect Teensy for Frsky Passthrough conversion. Cheers, Paul
Jan 29, 2019, 06:41 AM
RC fanatic
Quote:
Hi Paul,

I removed the Dolphin from the list of boards a long time ago, I'm not confident in it.

Now check with the spectrum analyzer if there's any interference, especially from the wifi module.
The Dolphin has been the most successful board in my testing - not one issue with it - I think it was not a good idea to have removed it.

All of my latter tests were conducted with WiFi module disconnected, so this is not involved in the cause,
Jan 29, 2019, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athertop
The Dolphin has been the most successful board in my testing - not one issue with it - I think it was not a good idea to have removed it.

All of my latter tests were conducted with WiFi module disconnected, so this is not involved in the cause,
This time i agree with Flipflap
i have built them all and tested all Dolphin has been out of all the ones i built the most unreliable that i have done

Quick Reply