to remove ads between posts
Oct 14, 2018, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
Yes it's a 2 layers PCB.

-Upload the ulrs.zip file to https://dirtypcbs.com/store/pcbs
-Change the size to "max 10x10" because the PCB is larger than 5x5
-Click Add to cart
-You'll have the description "PCB: FR4 proto / 2 layers / 10x10cm (4.1x5.6cm) / 1.2mm / HASL / 1oz / Red / Protopack ±10"
-Click on layer report (green button) --> you can see all the layers : 2 coppers, 2 silkscreens, 2 soldermasks, 1 drill
I am using jlcpcb.com. It's cheaper than dirtypcb and good quality anyway.
Oct 14, 2018, 10:58 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by specktr
I noticed an error on the caméléon board, I will update it as soon as possible
Thanks, I've added a remark about this on the site.
Oct 15, 2018, 01:45 PM
It's possible to repair my board (first version)?
Oct 15, 2018, 02:14 PM
The Orange RX modules and receivers are on sale againg at HK, probably phasing them out... but at half price still a bargain.
Oct 16, 2018, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Thanks, I've added a remark about this on the site.
Hi flipflap, here is the corrected files for cameleon board.
Note: bluetooth must be configured fist before soldering atmega328.
Oct 16, 2018, 10:21 AM
Quote:
What was the error you corrected? Just to take in account. If we have to configure bluetooth before soldering it would be good to put a link in the description of the board to know how to do it.
Last edited by gcp900; Oct 16, 2018 at 04:55 PM.
Oct 16, 2018, 11:04 AM
The error was on tx and rx Bluetooth pin (was reversed). One thing to know about Bluetooth configuration is that if you solder the atmega328 you can't put the Bluetooth module in AT mode to configure it.
Oct 16, 2018, 01:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Thanks, I've updated the site here, and tried to upload it to dirtyPCBs. They however complain that the files are missing a board outline layer which seems mandatory.

For the first version you provided the gerber file and it seems that it contained all required layers.
Oct 16, 2018, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Thanks, I've updated the site here, and tried to upload it to dirtyPCBs. They however complain that the files are missing a board outline layer which seems mandatory.

For the first version you provided the gerber file and it seems that it contained all required layers.
i forgot to provide gerber files sorry, this is because i'm working with OSHPark here it is
Oct 16, 2018, 03:45 PM
Hi specktr,

Have you tested the board? Works properly?? It looks a very good board, but it is the second time you correct it so I would like to be sure it works before ordering. I am not demanding anything as I know this is a free project, but if the board has not been well tested I prefer to wait.

Recently I built the bee board and works amazing!

Thanks for your job
Last edited by gcp900; Oct 16, 2018 at 04:42 PM.
Oct 16, 2018, 05:13 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
i forgot to provide gerber files sorry, this is because i'm working with OSHPark here it is
OK thanks, site updated : http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/apmp...leon_Board_V11
Oct 16, 2018, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by narpat007
Here is the Mod for HK Orange mini 1Watt Receiver to work with ULRS_2.35;
1. DESOLDER C2 AND SOLDER IT BETWEEN GND AND cPPM PIN (NEW LOCATION MARKED C2 IN RED)
2. DESOLDER AND REMOVE R4 (10K)
3. DESOLDER R3 (330 OHM) AND SOLDER IT AT R4 LOCATION.
4. TAKE A 10KM LEADED RESISTOR AND SOLDER ONE END OF THE RESISTOR AT TP2 (PIN 9 OF ATMEGA328)
AND THE OTHER END ON THE cPPM PIN.
5. AFTER THE MODIFICATION, TAKE THE PPM OUT FROM THE CONNECTOR PIN MARKED RSSI AND ALSO TAKE RSSI FROM THE
PIN MARKED cPPM

Generated HEX file is also attached if anyone wants to give it a try, no need of any kind of mod but ULRS1.06 also needs to be used at TX side too.

Hex file can be flashed using usbasp programmer with Khajama programming GUI.
@narpat007 Thank for share, I just bought 2 orange 1W mini receiver, it look good, samll size and compact, I made some mod of this RX for ULRS

1. solder 6 pin ICSP for USBasp for flash boot loader
2. change circuit of PPM and RSSI for ULRS (refer picture) same as your mod but I don't move any component, I just cut PPM/RSSI original trace conect to atmeg then use a wire connect RSSI/PPM to new atmeg position. I think this method is easier than yours, and keep pin position of PPM/RSSI position unchange.

only one thing I am not satisfy is its RF out put 790mW. not bad but not enough, measure voltage for RFM23BP 4.95V, if we can rasie this voltage to 5.5V I think RF output can reach 900mW.
Last edited by Dick Ou; Oct 16, 2018 at 09:56 PM.
Oct 16, 2018, 11:31 PM
Thread OP
You can try, but keep in mind that there's a small driver transistor that tends to warm up (not the main RF transistor) above 5V.

From 790 to 900mW the gap seems high in mW but it's only 0.5dBm.
Oct 17, 2018, 02:44 AM
Quote:
You can try, but keep in mind that there's a small driver transistor that tends to warm up (not the main RF transistor) above 5V.

From 790 to 900mW the gap seems high in mW but it's only 0.5dBm.
Thank for reply, In fact 790mW is enough for me curently, so I wouldn't mod it RF poer temporary, because flying field limitation , most my plane are VTOL (power exhaust), I am using ULRS system, fantastic and reliable. my maximum range is 15km, this range is limited by battery not ULRS, I think if I have enough battery I can reach 30~40km easily. within 15km telemetry packet loss is very low. my current set up as following

1. ground : Ardupilot antena tracker with 5 elements yagi, full 1 W orange TX module + BT. with ULRS 2.35 firmware
2. air: full 1W ULRS mini (from chinese supplier) with dipole antena

I like try something new, so I buyHK orange mini 1W RX, I like it. now it is ready to put in my plane for test.

Quick Reply