Jul 09, 2018, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the response.
I tried turning the Norton Smart Firewall Off and there was no change the unhandled exception and the virus message still came up.
I tried adding an allow program access to internet for the .exe in the folder you mentioned and still no change.

It seems to fail when trying to download the latest version (58) of Ultimate_LRS_Control_Center.exe to the AppData folder. The progress bar gets to about 3/4 stops and the unhandled exception error comes up. The progress bar completes and having hit continue it does no more! Strangely having uninstalled it and deleted the AppData folder Norton now no longer throws a virus error but I have allowed the AppData version to have internet access.

Has anyone solved the problem with Norton?

Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW
Peter,

I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 but I have McAfee instead of Norton. To keep McAfee from interfering with my ULRS time I had to tell it to ignore the ULRS executable in the folder:

~/AppData/Roaming/IT Luxembourg/Ultimate LRS Launcher/2.0.7.0/58/Ultimate_LRS_Control_Center.exe

Good luck,

Paul
Last edited by Peter Seddon; Jul 09, 2018 at 09:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2018, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Seddon
Thanks for the response.
I tried turning the Norton Smart Firewall Off and there was no change the unhandled exception and the virus message still came up.
I tried adding an allow program access to internet for the .exe in the folder you mentioned and still no change.

It seems to fail when trying to download the latest version (58) of Ultimate_LRS_Control_Center.exe to the AppData folder. The progress bar gets to about 3/4 stops and the unhandled exception error comes up. The progress bar completes and having hit continue it does no more! Strangely having uninstalled it and deleted the AppData folder Norton now no longer throws a virus error but I have allowed the AppData version to have internet access.

Has anyone solved the problem with Norton?

Peter
If you Google "norton antivirus exclude file" you should find the info how to make Norton not quarantine/delete/mess the ULRS folder, add to the list the "IT Luxembourg" folder from "Program Files" and the folder in "AppData/Roaming", then reinstall Control Center in case Norton has deleted some file from the previous installation.

Oscar
Jul 09, 2018, 09:33 AM
Thread OP
Exactly, here are for example the instructions for Windows Defender : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...nder-antivirus

It can be configured to whitelist a folder or a file.
Jul 09, 2018, 10:02 AM
Thanks Oscar,

I tried configuring " Items to Exclude from Scans" with the two folder names but that did not work.
Norton required the option "Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect, SONAR and Download Intelligence Detection" to be configured with the two folder paths and now everything works. Hurrah!

Thanks to everyone who helped resolve this problem.

regards Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckambiselis
If you Google "norton antivirus exclude file" you should find the info how to make Norton not quarantine/delete/mess the ULRS folder, add to the list the "IT Luxembourg" folder from "Program Files" and the folder in "AppData/Roaming", then reinstall Control Center in case Norton has deleted some file from the previous installation.

Oscar
Jul 09, 2018, 11:40 AM
Build more, websurf less
Another note in working with McAfee:

If McAfee kills the ULRS-CC it removes the executable from the target directory. You will have to reinstall and run ULRS again to put the executable back. But before you run ULRS again you have to turn off the McAfee so it doesn't kill it again.

With McAfee turned off, install and run ULRS again so its files get placed as designed. Then configure an exception in McAfee for the ULRS-CC executable file in its target directory. Then turn McAfee on gain.

Then you should be good again to go with the ULRS-CC.
Jul 09, 2018, 06:15 PM
Hello Ben
which servo brand is tested with openlrs and don't have any Jitter problem?
when I use openlrs and servo in a quadcopter, the servos has Jitter vibrations ,even with the separate battery supply and using the ferrite.
I use the Diy dipole antenna and my servo brand is standard Towerpro or chines micro servos.
I really need to solve this problem for correct servo behavior on my RC model.
Last edited by babak_ea; Jul 09, 2018 at 06:22 PM.
Jul 09, 2018, 09:45 PM
Build more, websurf less
babak_ea,

I've had the same problem and learned that the servos mostly pick up the interference through the wiring. I had the worst chattering using Hitec servos like HS-65s and HS-81s. I had slightly better performance using EMAX ES08MA-II servos but they still chattered. Try placing the antenna of any 2.4GHz transmitter near or touching a servo lead and watch the servo chatter.

I never completely solved the problem so I cannot tell you a servo brand that is immune, however I was able to reduce the chattering by winding ferrite rings onto the servo leads, placing the rings nearest to the servos.

To finally reduce the chattering to an acceptable level I installed a 10dB attenuator on the airborne transceiver to reduce its output power. This was a regrettable choice since the attenuator also reduces the range, however; even the attenuated ULRS still gives me some miles beyond what I need in range.

I would love to know what servos are immune also.

Paul
Last edited by FlyingW; Jul 09, 2018 at 10:22 PM.
Jul 10, 2018, 12:28 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by babak_ea
Hello Ben
which servo brand is tested with openlrs and don't have any Jitter problem?
when I use openlrs and servo in a quadcopter, the servos has Jitter vibrations ,even with the separate battery supply and using the ferrite.
I use the Diy dipole antenna and my servo brand is standard Towerpro or chines micro servos.
I really need to solve this problem for correct servo behavior on my RC model.
To understand better, are you using openlrs or ULRS ? You're mentionning using servos on a quadcopter, is it just for testing ? Is it influenced by the antenna position ?
Jul 10, 2018, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
To understand better, are you using openlrs or ULRS ? You're mentionning using servos on a quadcopter, is it just for testing ? Is it influenced by the antenna position ?
Sorry,I use ulrs 2, servo using for parashute,releaser or throttle in gas verstion,
Yes if decrease antenna distance and servo vibration will increase.
Jul 10, 2018, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW
babak_ea,

I've had the same problem and learned that the servos mostly pick up the interference through the wiring. I had the worst chattering using Hitec servos like HS-65s and HS-81s. I had slightly better performance using EMAX ES08MA-II servos but they still chattered. Try placing the antenna of any 2.4GHz transmitter near or touching a servo lead and watch the servo chatter.

I never completely solved the problem so I cannot tell you a servo brand that is immune, however I was able to reduce the chattering by winding ferrite rings onto the servo leads, placing the rings nearest to the servos.

To finally reduce the chattering to an acceptable level I installed a 10dB attenuator on the airborne transceiver to reduce its output power. This was a regrettable choice since the attenuator also reduces the range, however; even the attenuated ULRS still gives me some miles beyond what I need in range.

I would love to know what servos are immune also.

Paul
Thanks for your answer,but I need the range of flight.
Jul 10, 2018, 08:41 AM
Thread OP
It seems that some brands are more sensitive than others te RF interfences, you can also try ferrite rings.

This guy seems to be successful with very small capacitors : http://www.charlesriverrc.org/articl...rvojitters.htm
Jul 10, 2018, 10:40 AM
@babak_ea

Another thing you could try is shielding the servo cable, aluminum foil (the normal kitchen stuff or from a TV antenna cable) or copper braid from a good coax cable, it would be best if it is connected/soldered to the ground pin and then just heat shrink tube over it, if it is RF interference.
Jul 10, 2018, 01:50 PM
Thread OP
Hey you're supposed to be watching the football match between Belgium and France !
Jul 10, 2018, 05:50 PM
Build more, websurf less
Quote:
Originally Posted by babak_ea
Thanks for your answer,but I need the range of flight.
Easy to estimate using flipflap's method from the IT Luxembourg ULRS website:

Use your ULRS hardware, antennas and the ULRS-CC to get a reading of the RSSI when the two transceivers are some known distance apart. For example, say your experimental range test gives you an RSSI of -46dB at a distance of 1200 feet. Then make a chart (or an excel spreadsheet) where you double the distance and decrease the RSSI by 6dB each time as follows:

2400 feet, -52dB
4800 feet, -58dB
9600 feet, -64dB
19200 feet, -70dB
38400 feet, -76dB
76800 feet, -82dB
153600 feet, -88dB
307200 feet, -94dB
614400 feet, -100dB, Link fails

Instead of flying out to the theoretical maximum I recommend leaving about 20dB for a safety margin. This would put you at about -82dB and 76,800 feet or about 14 miles.

Since this method is based on your equipment's actual range test data, it will give a good estimate even if you have an attenuator installed.
Jul 10, 2018, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty105
And THIS ^^^ is the fear....
yep this what happens when one person hold all the cards ( I'll surely stop the license very soon and close this thread. )
all you have to do is stop making run out all the time
Last edited by yak-54; Jul 10, 2018 at 06:25 PM.

Quick Reply