May 27, 2018, 12:39 PM
Build more, websurf less
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
You're right, you start to know it better than me
Not even close - and thanks for answering hundreds of my questions over the past 18 months.

Hey flipflap, have you ever used an airspeed sensor on your wings or sailplanes? I just installed one on my auto-land test plane (former ULRS test plane) and am waiting for good weather to get an actual idea of how fast it flies in cruise, power off descent, and flare.

Maybe after understanding the landing algorithm better and using some scientific measurements I can configure it to land closer to the programmed landing spot.

It is amazing that Arduplane can safely land a plane in the field with pretty much the default settings and no airspeed sensor nor rangefinder.

Speaking of rangefinders I got an inexpensive rangefinder (VL53LOX) that is good for about 1.5 meters - I suppose that ought to be good enough to tell the autopilot when to flare. I may try it later on - Arduplane currently supports it only in the 3.9.0 development release.
Last edited by FlyingW; May 27, 2018 at 12:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 27, 2018, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-29er
Just curious, but does anyone have one of these they would want to sell ready to use?
+1

And 2 boards... ofcourse
May 27, 2018, 10:57 PM
One suggestion, you can get rid of that voltage level shifter chip to save money and make assembly easier and use resistors like default ulrs schematics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana
Modified SAMI Board dessign with with better Switched PSU , and Dual VCC supply to RFM23BP according to Narpat mod is almost ready. Just needing some unanswered question for Telemetry , what I posted two pages before.

- Ujjwal
May 28, 2018, 02:50 AM
After I designed and made the fly with ulrs in the first version, there was no problem. I have confidence in the system.
now version 2 has already emerged. In smaller size And it works well. And I've distributed it to my friends to try it out. Everyone is satisfied.

Thanks flipflap
Last edited by nopkorn; May 28, 2018 at 03:04 AM.
May 28, 2018, 03:10 AM
Thread OP
Congratulations !

If this is a new ULRS Mini design, and if you want to share it, just choose an animal name for it (like spongeboard / monkeyboard etc), and I'll add it to the site : http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/apmp...imate-lrs-mini
May 28, 2018, 04:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by b-29er
Just curious, but does anyone have one of these they would want to sell ready to use?
Unfortunately most users are very attached to their ULRS, I've heard that some users want to be buried with them

But you should consider trying either OrangeRX or Wolfbox, they are off the shelf modules : http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/mate...-shelf_modules

Or build an ULRS Mini, some of them are very quick and easy to build : http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/apmp...mate-lrs-mini/
May 29, 2018, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nopkorn
After I designed and made the fly with ulrs in the first version, there was no problem. I have confidence in the system.
now version 2 has already emerged. In smaller size And it works well. And I've distributed it to my friends to try it out. Everyone is satisfied.

Thanks flipflap
With pleasure, I'm glad to be involved.
May 29, 2018, 10:27 AM
Thread OP
Don't forget an animal name and files, it looks really good and I'd like to add it asap.

Funny how we now have many different Ulrs mini boards from all around the world !
May 30, 2018, 01:53 AM
This is a file
I like bees, It is a miracle. It has a small wing, smaller than itself. But it can fly.

C1,C3,C5 = 0.1uF 0805 link
C2 = 100uF 3528 link
C4 = 10uF 0805 link
R1,R2,R3,R4 = 3.3K 0805 link
R5,R6 = 1K 0805 link
R7,R8 = 220R 0805 link
R9 = 2.2K 0805 link
R10 = 10K 0805 link
LED = 0805 or 3mm link
SMA Female RF Connector link
Last edited by nopkorn; Jun 01, 2018 at 12:47 AM.
May 30, 2018, 03:02 AM
Hi flipflap,
I am new to the ulrs and want to test ist on all my flying stuff.
I started yesterday with flashing the the TX.
I have a wolfbox as TX. After several approaches it was a success. When I wanted to falsh an orange Rx I only get the message "out of sync". Is it possible that the bootloader is gone? But on the other hand it shows me that it wants to flash the 1w version. Maybe that is the problem? But I can't choose the 100mw version. Thought it would flash the correct version automatically.
I used openlrs on both before.

Greetings to all
May 30, 2018, 04:17 AM
Fixed wings can be Drones too!
Another request for fixing the failsafe button bug please.

Ta
May 30, 2018, 07:15 AM
Build more, websurf less
Quote:
This is a file
I like bees, It is a miracle. It has a small wing, smaller than itself. But it can fly.

C1,C3,C5 = 0.1uF 0805 link
C2 = 100uF 3528 link
C4 = 10uF 0805 link
R1,R2,R3,R4 = 3.3K 0805 link
R5,R6 = 1K 0805 link
R7,R8 = 220R 0805 link
R9 = 2.2K 0805 link
R10 = 10K 0805 link
LED = 0805 or 3mm link
SMA Female RF Connector link
Nopkorn,

Very nice and tidy design. Did you assemble the SMD parts with solder paste, rework station (heat gun) and tweezers?

Yes, bees are miraculously wonderful. A fitting name for the board.

Paul
Last edited by FlyingW; May 30, 2018 at 07:20 AM.
May 30, 2018, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW
Nopkorn,

Very nice and tidy design. Did you assemble the SMD parts with solder paste, rework station (heat gun) and tweezers?

Yes, bees are miraculously wonderful. A fitting name for the board.

Paul
Hi paul,

All components are assembled with soldering irons and tweezers.

Nop
May 30, 2018, 09:12 AM
Build more, websurf less
Quote:
Hi paul,

Nop
Well may God bless you and your steady hands and good eyes Nop! Well done.
May 30, 2018, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Hi paul,

Nop
Impressive!

What exactly is in the file you attached? Is that a schematic or PCB? I use EasyEDA (online) and I don't recognize the file extensions.

Quick Reply