May 23, 2018, 07:04 AM
Yes totally understand your points. I build some 1w board and it's working well but did not try to reach the limit.
I will try without the VTX, I'm pretty sure that it will be better
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2018, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zs6buj
If anyone is in a position to test it I would be grateful. Please bear in mind it is beta software so don't test it in flight on your pride-and-joy I could not test as thoroughly as I wanted because my Teensy has one bad serial port. Yes, my fault New one on the way.
did a quick test (hope not too dirty)
update : I changed a defective wire
It now seems to work through BT and Taranis at the same time !!
Last edited by urlu75; May 24, 2018 at 12:52 AM.
May 24, 2018, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
Excellent !

Based on the photo I found the original thread (seems to be in Chinese) : http://bbs.5imx.com/forum.php?mod=vi...ad&tid=1428037 I already noticed a lot of activity about ULRS in China and Russia but for some reason they don't often post in this thread (maybe they even can't access it).

Here's an automated translation to engish : https://translate.google.com/transla...6tid%3D1428037

It seems to be recent (April 18), and looks good.

A funny feature of the PCB is that it supports the RFM23BP or the RFM22B.

At first sight it looks nice, of course I'm a bit reluctant to boards that provide their own switching power supply because it adds a lot of SMD components to solder.

The track to the antenna is very short, the PCB size is very good and there's a JTAG connector for a programmer.

He published several videos in Chinese :
Modified SAMI Board dessign with with better Switched PSU , and Dual VCC supply to RFM23BP according to Narpat mod is almost ready. Just needing some unanswered question for Telemetry , what I posted two pages before.

- Ujjwal
Last edited by ujjwaana; May 24, 2018 at 06:40 AM.
May 24, 2018, 05:25 AM
i wonder , If use SI4463 1w that do not change code , it still work ? it compatible RFM22/SI4432 ?
sI4463 have sensitivy high
May 24, 2018, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana
Modified SAMI Board dessign with with better Switched PSU , and Dual VCC supply to RFM23BP according to Narpat mod is almost ready. Just needing some unanswered question for Telemetry , what I posted two pages before.

- Ujjwal
Hi ujjwaana, if you are interested, I have just finished to mod the Sami board with flytron M3 schematic (so like orangerx) I added a jumper to report serial telemetry to bottom pin of module bay.
May 25, 2018, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urlu75
did a quick test (hope not too dirty)
update : I changed a defective wire
It now seems to work through BT and Taranis at the same time !!
Thank you for the feedback urlu75
May 25, 2018, 06:17 AM
Was the name of this thread changed a couple of days ago?
May 25, 2018, 06:31 AM
Thread OP
Yes, there's no longer a reference to Orangerx as there are many other supported hardware.

And no reference to the cost, as people tend to think that more expensive is better.

And focus on the simplicity, which is a key aspect of ULRS. It just works, no complex configuration, it updates itself, no questions about which version is installed etc. No problems about baudrate, refresh speed and so on.

Just plain simple, even the schematic is simple. And clear documentation.
May 25, 2018, 06:43 AM
Good idea, thank you for the explanation!
May 25, 2018, 02:58 PM
RC fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by zs6buj
Thank you for the feedback urlu75
zs6buj,

Just a thought - maybe I'm not understanding this clearly (that's not the thought :-)

You mentioned that the first second of operation, the Teensy code needs full Tx/Rx to allow the teensy to request the simple/super-simple flight mode status, then it switches to allow the BT adapter to have full tx/rx capability, the teensy code just listening in on the Tx from this moment on?

So what happens if we power up in say Stabilize mode, then a few minutes later switch to super-simple? I.e. after the BT adapter has been given full control?
May 25, 2018, 04:43 PM
Build more, websurf less
I still have not been successful using the "button" to record failsafe values.

In the official ULRS 1.04 schematic excerpt below it appears that the button shorts pin 10 of the Arduino to GND.

The Spongeboard schematic the GND-side of the button is not as clear, but I'll assume that I could short pin 10 of the Arduino to GND to activate the failsafe record feature.

Is that correct?

Thanks,

Paul
May 25, 2018, 04:51 PM
I’m looking for a good antenna for the tx-side. I dont trust myself at the moment to make a good one myself. Is this a good option? I want to use it with the orangetx or the new ‘chinese’ boards If they are availible.
http://s.aliexpress.com/mUVvIziQ
http://s.aliexpress.com/qu2A7RZr
May 25, 2018, 06:01 PM
Wow been a long time I didn't check the forum! glad to see people doing great stuff!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujjwaana

- Ujjwal
May 25, 2018, 08:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by WimNL
I’m looking for a good antenna for the tx-side. I dont trust myself at the moment to make a good one myself. Is this a good option? I want to use it with the orangetx or the new ‘chinese’ boards If they are availible.
http://s.aliexpress.com/mUVvIziQ
http://s.aliexpress.com/qu2A7RZr
I'd try the first one, not sure if its characteristics are true but looks better.

Monopole antennas are to be avoided most of the time, even a simple DIY dipole will perform much better.
May 25, 2018, 08:03 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW
I still have not been successful using the "button" to record failsafe values.

In the official ULRS 1.04 schematic excerpt below it appears that the button shorts pin 10 of the Arduino to GND.

The Spongeboard schematic the GND-side of the button is not as clear, but I'll assume that I could short pin 10 of the Arduino to GND to activate the failsafe record feature.

Is that correct?

Thanks,

Paul
Yes, there's a currently bug that prevent the failsafe values saving to work, I'll check that.

Quick Reply