Nov 04, 2017, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
1.01 SWR ! Difficult to do better !
yep sore fingers from filing
to remove ads between posts
Nov 04, 2017, 10:44 AM
KNUCKLEUPFPV
I could not find a good guide to modding the wolfbox (airwolf) tx module to 1w. I took some close up photos of the process as i went along.

Step 1: Find resistor on module labled r10
Step 2: Remove the existing 39k resistor
Step 3: Solder a 47k resistor in its place
Step 4: Cover the resistor in heatshrink or tape so it doesnt ground out on anything inside the case. Im sure there are others that can do this much tidier than I did. Best I could do.

Flip Flap if you want to post this pictures on your site, you are welcome to do so.

I really hope this helps someone that wants to do this mod.

Range: There is a highway that runs behind my house. I placed an orangerx 100mw receiver on my back porch with a loaded dipole from vas. (Approximately 20 feet higher than road level) Then got into my car and drove down to the highway and stopped off the side behind my house. Powered on my transmitter and let the two modules connect. There is a very thin row of trees between my house and the highway. It gets a little thicker down a little ways. Transmitter had a t shaped dipole on it that I got from analogman here on the group. I pulled onto the highway and proceeded west bound. I travel roughly a half mile and signal strength is still over 100. There is a bridge at this point. I proceed under the bridge glancing at the signal and listening for packet loss beeps. Not a single beep and signal stays around 96. I get around 3/4 of a mile now and traveling up hill a bit. First packet loss beep occurs. I look in the rear view mirror to see the bridge was right in my los to my receiver. Signal dropped to 88. Not bad I think to myself. I reach the top of the hill and signal is back up to 93. At this point the road is flat until I hit the 1 mile mark according to the odometer. Signal is at 88 again. Now the road dips down a hill rather quickly. Not even 30 feet down the hill signal has dropped entirely and transmitter is squealing like a stuck pig. I expected the signal to die there. Im very happy with the results.

Unfortunately the road stays lower than my home the rest of the way to the next town. I plan on making a trip over to the blue ridge mountain line soon for some more testing.

Im going to repeat this same test with a recently modded 1w hawkeye receiver.

I should also say that I left the highway and came back towards my home through some neighborhoods. Once i was within a half mile of my home I was reconnecting to the receiver intermittently. I was absolutely amazed the signal was making it through all those houses and trees. Very excited to see how the 1w receiver compares.

Sorry for this very long boring post. I wanted to share my experience in this journey.
Nov 04, 2017, 02:56 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for sharing, interesting results and useful description of the Wolfbox mod, I'll post it on the site.
Nov 04, 2017, 04:50 PM
KNUCKLEUPFPV
Quote:
Thanks for sharing, interesting results and useful description of the Wolfbox mod, I'll post it on the site.

Happy to help. One question though. Will your code work with an arduino nano? Ive got it to flash but it will not open parameters or recognize it as a ulrs device. Ive killed the program and restarted and still nothing. If they wont work, I have some pro minis to swap in.
Nov 04, 2017, 05:31 PM
Nothing to see here
Last edited by yak-54; Feb 22, 2018 at 03:18 AM.
Nov 04, 2017, 05:36 PM
KNUCKLEUPFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by yak-54
I did this mod last year it worked great for about 2 hours till it fried it
it got so hot you could cook an egg on it

This is the second module I have modded. The first one Ive been running since day one of receiving it. As a precaution I left it plugged in for more than 12 hours connected to the receiver. It was barely warm to the touch. Mine is the newest version though. The one I modded today is the older version. Guess we will see how it goes. If it gets too hot, ill put the 39k back in place.
Nov 04, 2017, 08:37 PM
Hello Guys

i use RFM23BP 1W for tranmitter , and use Si4432 for receiver , it is compatible and can work ?

thanks
Nov 05, 2017, 02:22 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelKillR
Happy to help. One question though. Will your code work with an arduino nano? Ive got it to flash but it will not open parameters or recognize it as a ulrs device. Ive killed the program and restarted and still nothing. If they wont work, I have some pro minis to swap in.
Atmega328 only. I think the nano has a atmega 32u8 or other chip that won't work.
Nov 05, 2017, 01:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yak-54
well nothing to do last night
nothing on TV
and last time there was nothing on TV i ended up with twins
so i started with this and ended with that
OK It's on the site here : http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/yagi..._elements_yagi
Nov 05, 2017, 10:00 PM
Build more, websurf less
I'm developing a parts list for either the Monkey boards or the Sponge boards.

Can someone please help me identify LEDs that will work? The links provided in the ULRS site do not contain enough information for me to locate similar ones here in the USA.

Thanks,

Paul
Nov 06, 2017, 01:23 AM
Thread OP
Almost any LED will work, however I've provided a link to "high luminosity" blue LEDs that work pretty well. For other LED types it may be better to use a lower resistance, but that will go through some experimentation.
Nov 06, 2017, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy rc
Hello Guys

i use RFM23BP 1W for tranmitter , and use Si4432 for receiver , it is compatible and can work ?

thanks
i need help
Nov 06, 2017, 02:44 AM
Thread OP
The list of supported modules is here : http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/material/

In theory you could use directly a si4432 if the wiring corresponds to the reference schematic but I don't understand why would you want to do it ?
Nov 06, 2017, 03:10 AM
Quote:
The list of supported modules is here : http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/material/

In theory you could use directly a si4432 if the wiring corresponds to the reference schematic but I don't understand why would you want to do it ?
hi Flipflap

thank for answer

Ago i bought about 10 modul mini SI4432 , I do not know have RFM23BP 1W . Now i prepare to Order two modul RFM23BP 1w to use . But i still want to use SI4432 for RX mini Wing . So i want to know them compatible ? Or i will have to order mini RFM22b.
Last edited by happy rc; Nov 06, 2017 at 03:16 AM.
Nov 06, 2017, 04:15 AM
Thread OP
It's compatible, just use the same pinout as other modules.

Quick Reply