Dec 14, 2016, 01:09 PM

PWM servo output

Hi,

I'm using a Wolfbox RX and want to use a servo to command my camera.
On my FC there is no more PWM output available so I wanted to use the PWM output of the RX for that.
It's working with openlrs mais it seems that there's nothing going out on these pin.

Is there any particular reason for PWM output not being activated ? Any possibility to use them without using a PPM to PWM ou I2C convertor ?

Thanks !

I was also wondering where it is possible to get dolphin (ready to use ) ? I don't have the equipment and don't think it worst to buy it to build a few boards...
Last edited by urlu75; Dec 14, 2016 at 01:12 PM. Reason: ardon
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2016, 01:10 PM
Rana
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingweasal
I just realized how dark those pictures were so here are some better ones.
Also RC filter for RSSI is built in, and the DTR/RST pin doesn't seem to be used on the ATMEL chip so no capacitor or trace (that I can see).

Does the capacitor on the DTR/RST pin have to be 150nF? Will 100nF work?

Can someone post the schematics for the Flytron and Kha boards? Or a link to them?
Good, pls try to trace the schematic
Dec 14, 2016, 01:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingweasal
I just realized how dark those pictures were so here are some better ones.
Also RC filter for RSSI is built in, and the DTR/RST pin doesn't seem to be used on the ATMEL chip so no capacitor or trace (that I can see).

Does the capacitor on the DTR/RST pin have to be 150nF? Will 100nF work?

Can someone post the schematics for the Flytron and Kha boards? Or a link to them?
What should be checked is if there's a bootloader at all on the chip. If not, it can only be flashed with a programmer, which isn't an issue.

Else we can connect the DTR pin via a capacitor to the RST pin which is accessible on the 6 pins programming port.
Dec 14, 2016, 02:37 PM
Hello,
I build an (old?) sponge-board witch PPM on A0. I would like to have a lost package indicator. Instead of an Buzzer I use a LED to GND on D8. Shouldn't it light up if I switch the RX off?
Sebastian
Dec 14, 2016, 03:28 PM
I just want to share my 3D printable cases for the 100mW HK module.
It's highly optimized for 0.4mm nozzle.

https://github.com/stundenblume/ULRS...100mW_case.stl
https://github.com/stundenblume/ULRS...0mW_caseV3.stl
https://github.com/stundenblume/ULRS...0mW_caseV5.stl
https://github.com/stundenblume/ULRS...0mW_caseV6.stl

Sebastian
Dec 14, 2016, 03:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stundenblume
Hello,
I build an (old?) sponge-board witch PPM on A0. I would like to have a lost package indicator. Instead of an Buzzer I use a LED to GND on D8. Shouldn't it light up if I switch the RX off?
Sebastian
Yes, but for the beta version the buzzer (or LED) will only be active only after a successful initial connection. i.e. at startup, the TX won't beep, but if you switch the RX on and then off the TX will beep.

This is to avoid the TX to beep whenever it's turned on, during programming etc.
Dec 14, 2016, 04:29 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stundenblume
Hi Sebastian, and welcome to rcgroups !

Thank you for sharing your creations, and I especially like the embossed 'Ultimate LRS' on them

I've added them to the site here : http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/ulti...vided-content/
Dec 14, 2016, 04:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by urlu75
Hi,

I'm using a Wolfbox RX and want to use a servo to command my camera.
On my FC there is no more PWM output available so I wanted to use the PWM output of the RX for that.
It's working with openlrs mais it seems that there's nothing going out on these pin.

Is there any particular reason for PWM output not being activated ? Any possibility to use them without using a PPM to PWM ou I2C convertor ?

Thanks !

I was also wondering where it is possible to get dolphin (ready to use ) ? I don't have the equipment and don't think it worst to buy it to build a few boards...
It's historical : ULRS was initially made for 1W modules which don't have all the servo connectors. And the second reason was that most users are connecting it to a flight controller that just makes the servo outputs available.

The recommended way is to use an Adafruit extender, but if other users are interested in the same I can include the servo output on the 100mW modules.
Dec 14, 2016, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
It's historical : ULRS was initially made for 1W modules which don't have all the servo connectors. And the second reason was that most users are connecting it to a flight controller that just makes the servo outputs available.

The recommended way is to use an Adafruit extender, but if other users are interested in the same I can include the servo output on the 100mW modules.
Thanks very much Flip for your explanation.
Let's see if others are also interested. If not I will go for an extender but it means one more component to add and carry where space is already missing

Here what I would like to do :
- FC is a 6 PWM output on a Hexa so FC output are all used by the ESC.
- a 2 axis gimbal that I want to control from the RC
- a video switcher controlled form the RC as well

So I would like to use the RC channels :
- 1 to 4 for controlling the FC/Hexa
- 5 could be the flight mode switch
- 6&7 to control the gimbal
- 8 to control the video switcher
- 9 and others would be to switch between flight mode and stuff

On the RX side (9 output):
- 1 for PPM link to the FC
- 3 PWM for servo control
- 1 for RSSI
Dec 15, 2016, 01:10 AM
I just copied the EEPROM and FLASH from the Orange 1w rx.
Not sure how much or if this helps

The tracing is pretty tedious. So far there are some differences and I'm still going
The two LEDs go to MISO and MOSI
PPM -->PB2
Dec 15, 2016, 01:19 PM
Guys who got the telmetry working on your Taranis, can anybody tell me, if your 2.4ghz telemetry continues to work?
This is what I get, if my Taranis SPort is connected to Arduino's D5 pin (can fast forward to 0.15):

Taranis+OpenTx 2.1.9 Telemetry glitch (0 min 40 sec)
Dec 15, 2016, 02:16 PM
Arrière pays Niçois
Quote:
Originally Posted by athertop
Well guys - sorry to harp on but the Teensy solution does work perfectly -<snip>.
No harping necessary for me! Great that you are making this once-very-complicated project more accessible to us.

A question, however. I'll be putting the Teensy in my ground-side relay box, where ULRS, SBUS converters, and X8R are supplied with 6V. So I assume that is an overvoltage for the Teensy? I've also got a 5V BEC in there so should I then connect just the Vcc 5VBEC --> Teensy with ground & signal Teensy --> SPort on the X8R?
Dec 15, 2016, 04:51 PM
FPV Melbourne
Nothing to see here move along all
Last edited by yak-54; Feb 22, 2018 at 04:36 AM.
Dec 15, 2016, 06:44 PM
Arrière pays Niçois
Maybe 6V in is ok:
https://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/teensy-v32
"Teensy 3.2"

"Teensy 3.2 is a direct, 100% compatible replacement for Teensy 3.1. It is fully compatible with all shields and add-on boards made for Teensy 3.1

"The main change is an improved 3.3V regulator, to allow Teensy to directly power ESP8266 Wifi, WIZ820io (W5200) Ethernet, and other power-hungry 3.3V devices.

We're specifying Teensy 3.2's power output at 250 mA and the maximum voltage input at 6 volts, due to PCB thermal dissipation limits. However, the actual regulator chip is capable of up to 10 volts input, and up to 500 mA output. These higher limits are intended to allow Teensy 3.2 to be more rugged when used with non-USB power sources which aren't well regulated 5 volt sources."
Dec 16, 2016, 11:33 AM

Skyhunter Onboard System using LRS

I am working on plans for a Skyhunter FPV using the LRS along with the newer Pixhawk Mini controller. I have attached my first draft of the schematic for the onboard systems and I would greatly appreciate everyone's feedback, especially if I am doing something incorrectly.

Once I add the parts list along with making any required corrections, I will post on this site for everyone.

Quick Reply