Dec 01, 2016, 06:32 AM
RC fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboard_Nut
Perfect!!!

I am seeing this setup in my future along with my dream of having Mavlink radiating over BT for mission commands, and my Taranis running the C&T FlightDeck Script over an internally processed SPort feed all in one self-contained package....

I agree, that would be a really great solution. Even though the C&T code in Ardupilot will be accessible, their telemetry script is the one which is locked down. I guess that's why people pay them and I don't blame them for this. An exact duplicate of their inverter cable can be built for under $1. I have built a few with exactly the same components. The details are in the github thread I mentioned a few posts back.

One thing to be aware of when integrating the teensy into the ULRS mini I have discovered - be sure to include a jumper somewhere in that design so you can remove the teensy power connection, otherwise I found that by powering the teensy over USB to flash it, you are also powering ULRS mini and the BT board from the USB cable and that isn't enough power to let it boot up, so you can't flash. By quickly removing the power jumper this isolates the power to the teensy and all is good!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 01, 2016, 10:49 AM
Wisconsin
I wonder if the reason the Orange 433mhz stuff disappeared from HK last winter has anything to do with the articles showing up this week about the FCC demanding HK stop selling uncertified transmitter modules in the US?
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
Dec 01, 2016, 12:06 PM

UHF antennas

some antennas I have built, I can reach 25 km with 1/2 wave coaxial dipole and 1/4 wave dipole.
For the 1/2 wave coaxial dipole I use a R-317 cable and 4mm brass tube.

the 1/2 wave ring have a less gain ( about 1.5 Dbi ) but its compact antenna.

Ben , if you like , you can add these antennas on your page.
Dec 01, 2016, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvargas
some antennas I have built, I can reach 25 km with 1/2 wave coaxial dipole and 1/4 wave dipole.

Those look great. The half wave ring antennas are omni-directional and for a plane?

I would really love to acquire some 1.3 and 433 ring antennas. I do not suppose you are making them?

Could you explain the pro and cons of a ring versus the lobe antennas?
Last edited by Marc Dornan; Dec 01, 2016 at 02:34 PM.
Dec 01, 2016, 01:07 PM

Parameters APM Serial

Hello,
Like you could see on my video, that I have connection between both modules.
My next step was to connect APM to the RX module.
At this moment I see MAVLINK inside URLS control center.
But MAVLINK is not stable! It's stay for some seconds (5 or 6) and then for 1 or 2 seconds away! After that I got again MAVLINK.
I try to connect via FTDI cable and TX module to the APM.
This did not work...!
What are the right parameters for the telm1 port? And who much baud...?
And also for mission planner what speed I need to take there...?
And is it possible to connect via ftdi cable and TX module to apm?

Good flying

Wollo
Dec 01, 2016, 01:37 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wollo
Hello,

I had the time to solder my antenna cable and to upload the software on the modules.
All worked nice, only but it was my mistaken, that the com port was not set up on the right speed.
On the tx side I see flashing the blue light very fast, and the red led is off.
As soon I power on the RX side I see all 4 LED's flashing...
Here is a small Video, Pls tell me if it's working well...

https://youtu.be/dYAeBpollro

Good flying

Wollo
Hi Wollo,

yes that's good, the TX is at 57600 and the RX at 19200 bauds. The ULRS CC can show blinky channels on TX but it's just a display bug.

Regarding the telemetry, it must be at 19200 on APM/Pixhawk side. And don't use the latests Mission Planner versions.
Try also with less than 5 channels.

Check you configured everything like described on the site www.itluxembourg.lu/site
Dec 01, 2016, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Dornan
Those look great. The half wave ring antennas are omni-directional and for a plane?

I would really love to acquire some 1.3 and 433 ring antennas. I do not suppose you are making them?

Yes, this type are omnidirectional , Later, im going to test it on a microskyhunter and pixhawk lite setup.
I make this antennas using CNC ( pcb type ) or 3D printers ( brass tubing type), for a personal project that I working on.. but if you want to make ones of these antennas, let me know the exact what frequency for, then I will post the antenna dimensions.
Dec 01, 2016, 03:01 PM
Durability Tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_kelly
I wonder if the reason the Orange 433mhz stuff disappeared from HK last winter has anything to do with the articles showing up this week about the FCC demanding HK stop selling uncertified transmitter modules in the US?
Nah thats to do with them being reported by spektrum.
Dec 02, 2016, 03:01 AM
Hi guys,

Just finishing up some dolphin board but I have a quick question... What's supposed to be soldered in the red circle? I looked at the schematic and there's a 5v bypass around the area. What does this mean?

Dec 02, 2016, 03:35 AM

New OrangeRx?

Hello everyone. I've been away for a bit and I'm still trying to catch up so forgive me if this isn't new.
HK has a new TX and RX combo with bluetooth built in. Have you guys seen this?

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/orangerx...bluetooth.html

I am excited about the ULRSminis here and have kinda lost interest in the orangerx stuff but I'm wondering if this would be any good?
Dec 02, 2016, 03:42 AM
I just tried plugging the boards into my computer via USB but no LED's come on and I can't flash the firmware. Will USB power the board or do I need to connect an FTDI adapter onto the board simultaneously for power? When I plug it in, I see a COM port created and I can connect to it, but I get the following error message in the ULRS app:

12/02/2016 07:42:16.636 Run avrdude in folder c:\WinAVR-20100110\bin
12/02/2016 07:42:16.636 Firmware is in folder ULRS_HK_1W.hex
12/02/2016 07:42:16.636 -Cavrdude.conf -patmega328p -carduino -P\\.\COM15 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:"C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\ulrs\av rdude\firmware.hex":i
12/02/2016 07:42:28.414 avrdude.exe: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
12/02/2016 07:42:28.945 avrdude.exe done. Thank you.
Dec 02, 2016, 04:37 AM
Here's some photos of my boards. It's my first go at building a PCB... I built 3 of them Now I just need to get them to work

Dec 02, 2016, 05:32 AM
Quite often i find the get sync errors are because the arduino reset pin isnt working.
I've had it before and all i did is hit the reset button on the arduino then hit flash firmware about a second later and it kicks in.

Not saying thats your problem here. but worth a shot.
Dec 02, 2016, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvargas

Hi Jvargas,

Super work nice....
Can you share more details...?
Dec 02, 2016, 07:29 AM

Looking for Mission Planner 1.3.37

Hello,

I have installed mission planner 1.3.41...
And have put APM to 19200Baud serial port an PC to 57600.
I see that I get more date coming in Controle Center.

In Mission planner, I can establish my first connection to APM.
But it stop connection on "Getting parameters".

Inside this tread I have found that ULRS will work fine until MP version 1.3.37...
It's pity, but this version is not anymore downloadable on the website of ardupilot.org.

Pleas share me a link for Mission Planner 1.3.37

Good flying

Wollo

Quick Reply