Oct 20, 2016, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yak-54
Anyone got Frsky X9E read this post

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4228

had bad bad bad day flying i smashed my baby
Ouch . My dad just bought an X9E and he bought a new radio system because he couldn't trust his radio (his last flight ended in a flyaway)
Thought Frsky QC would glue all connections at factory
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2016, 08:00 AM
RC fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rank
If Moxon Rectangle Generator app was used, Ibcrazy mentioned, that it's off by about 3.7%, for 433mhz he recommends using 450 input instead
Just made a moxon, this time using 1.6mm copper (was galvanised steel before) - I tried the 3.7% rule above - but it appears IBCrazy is 3.7% out! The resonant freq obtained with the copper moxon was almost exactly as per the moxon app had calculated. So I have created yet another antenna using the suggested sizes for 459MHz and I get this:
Name: IMG_20161020_131444.jpg
Views: 56
Size: 382.0 KB
Description:
So SWR at 159MHz is 1.43:1 and impedance is 68ohms.
Not entirely sure how to get better impedance with this given the measurements are almost perfect as per the moxon app.
Oct 20, 2016, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavsanist
By the way, They have changed its title as 500mW
Wolfbox 500mW 433MHz UHF Transmitter Tx & 100mW Receiver Rx
Ha at least we know they listen
Oct 20, 2016, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athertop
Just made a moxon, this time using 1.6mm copper (was galvanised steel before) - I tried the 3.7% rule above - but it appears IBCrazy is 3.7% out! The resonant freq obtained with the copper moxon was almost exactly as per the moxon app had calculated. So I have created yet another antenna using the suggested sizes for 459MHz and I get this:
Attachment 9453184
So SWR at 159MHz is 1.43:1 and impedance is 68ohms.
Not entirely sure how to get better impedance with this given the measurements are almost perfect as per the moxon app.
What did you build the frame out of? The 3.7% was supposed to compensate for a plastic centre piece
Oct 20, 2016, 08:05 AM
RC fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007trains
What did you build the frame out of? The 3.7% was supposed to compensate for a plastic centre piece
Mine is made from foam board - like the stuff Flite test use to build their scratch build models.
Oct 20, 2016, 08:10 AM
RC "dream becomes reality"
Is this link releable..
Oct 20, 2016, 08:14 AM
Durability Tester
for anyone wanting native mavlink on opentx 2.0 with 9x, 9xr, 9xr pro, taranis and taranis plus here are the firmwares you will need.

taranis firmware from here
http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...hout-converter

9x, 9xr, 9xr pro from here https://github.com/adriano65/opentx-2.0.14

9xr pro on ersky9x http://openrcforums.com/forum/viewto...&t=4676#p65894
Last edited by geofrancis; Oct 20, 2016 at 09:47 AM.
Oct 20, 2016, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by athertop
Mine is made from foam board - like the stuff Flite test use to build their scratch build models.
Hmm i wonder how that compares to my acrylic frame. Someday i need to invest in a meter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geofrancis
for anyone wanting native mavlink on opentx 2.0 with 9x, 9xr, 9xr pro, taranis and taranis plus here are the firmwares you will need.

taranis firmware from here
http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...hout-converter

9x, 9xr, 9xr pro from here https://github.com/adriano65/opentx-2.0.14
Thanks. Does this just wire in the same as Frsky telemetry?
Oct 20, 2016, 08:48 AM
This is the easiest way for mavlink on a 9xr pro.
Read from here. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...19298&page=296
Oct 20, 2016, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Sorry guys that i am asking too much about simple things for a working setup.
Currently have a problem with Wolfbox TX module, It has no lights on with 3.3V and 5V inputs. It has no modification and always used with an antenna on it. It is gone when a RCmilec src771 antenna on it.
And having this error while flashing through ULRS control center.
Hello, I've got the same problem with 1 of my wolfbox tx module as rx. I've powered it with a 4s (at JR port), and after some minutes ok, it stopped definitely to work (no more leds, and no response to ftdi and usbasp)
I'v decided to replace the 5V regulator and the atmega, and after reflashing bootloader and firmware, all works good now.
Now, I always power it with a 12V bec, I think it's safer.
Oct 20, 2016, 09:49 AM
Durability Tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwhiper
This is the easiest way for mavlink on a 9xr pro.
Read from here. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...19298&page=296
I updated the file that I uploaded to include the ersky9x mavlink firmware for 9xr pro.
Oct 20, 2016, 11:47 AM
WiteRabbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastos
I'v decided to replace the 5V regulator and the atmega, and after reflashing bootloader and firmware, all works good now.
Now, I always power it with a 12V bec, I think it's safer.
Hi Sebastos, I have read your first post with RCmilec antennas and your problem with wolfbox. I think this antenna is not suitable for ulrs. My wolfbox module was working with only FTDI 3.3V.. when i apply power from taranis, wolfbox tx was just buzzing constantly. Same problem.
As Ben (FlipFlap) told Rcmilec makes a lot of interference with full power.

Well, i guess i can change the voltage regulator but not sure if i could solder atmega 328P on this board.
It is better using its case for taranis and also i can desolder its RF module to 100mW orangeRx Tx if it is alive

I am confused about bootloader. I've read Orangerx and Wolfbox have Uno bootloader. But i was able to burn pro mini's bootloader to Orangerx Tx and then ULRS flashed well. Actually it is flashed very well. I used to have sync errors with uno bootloader.
Has anyone tried this before ? Or is this normal ?
Oct 20, 2016, 12:01 PM
Quote:
I am confused about bootloader.
I am using a modified orangerx bootloader for months on a pro mini RX.
Was using a pro mini before it was even supported.
Haven't had any sync errors, it all depends on the fdti cable and windows version.
Oct 20, 2016, 12:09 PM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
I modified a simple lua-script to work with the ProMini Mavlink/FrSky converter and Arduplane.
All input data is Mavlink so you need the ULRS-link up to see it all work.
The file is available in post #7964
Oct 20, 2016, 12:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Hi Sebastos, I have read your first post with RCmilec antennas and your problem with wolfbox. I think this antenna is not suitable for ulrs. My wolfbox module was working with only FTDI 3.3V.. when i apply power from taranis, wolfbox tx was just buzzing constantly. Same problem.
As Ben (FlipFlap) told Rcmilec makes a lot of interference with full power.

Well, i guess i can change the voltage regulator but not sure if i could solder atmega 328P on this board.
It is better using its case for taranis and also i can desolder its RF module to 100mW orangeRx Tx if it is alive

I am confused about bootloader. I've read Orangerx and Wolfbox have Uno bootloader. But i was able to burn pro mini's bootloader to Orangerx Tx and then ULRS flashed well. Actually it is flashed very well. I used to have sync errors with uno bootloader.
Has anyone tried this before ? Or is this normal ?
To clarify the bootloaders :

Arduino uno = OrangeRX = bootloader "1"
Wolfbox = bootloader "1" but at a different baudrate (115200)
Arduino pro mini = bootloader "2"

All modules have the same CPU atmega328, which will work with either bootloader "1" or "2".

But avrdude has to know which one is used (maybe because the protocol used is slightly different).

Regarding the antenna, avoid all types of monopole antennas, including RCmilec.

Quick Reply