Oct 08, 2016, 03:19 PM
Correct, external regulator was used. I will try, but this might take a couple of days
to remove ads between posts
Oct 08, 2016, 03:19 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolest
Hi,
I am still getting beta period expired warning? its weekend and fly time but no fly...
still waiting (
Should be ok now !
Oct 08, 2016, 03:53 PM

Butterfly power management

The butterfly feeds the raw pin of the arduino at 6V. Although the arduino official page says that the raw pin can be fed with 5V thru 12V, I strongly doubt it, I'm unaware of any regulator that will work with zero voltage drop. If you have a non working butterfly please monitor if the VCC pins on the arduino are getting stable voltage, an oscilloscope would tell a better story, but a digital voltmeter can aready proovide a good clue. Please report on your findings.
Last edited by 62Soulman; Oct 08, 2016 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Grammar and punctuation
Oct 08, 2016, 04:06 PM
My light controller pro mini in my heli doesn't like 5.75 volts from the bec.
It sometimes doesnt boot correctly but a power cycle fixes that most of the times it fails.
As i have noted many times before feed regulators with 2 volts extra to make sure you dont get dropout voltage problems.
Oct 08, 2016, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Ok,
i give up, still not accessible
THIS BETA VERSION WAS ONLY VALID FOR A DETERMINED PERIOD....

Always money talks,

bye
Just a tip for the future... When someone's been kind enough to provide you a quality product for free, you might be advised to show some appreciation and understanding rather than acting like some pimply, arrogant, demanding brat.
Oct 08, 2016, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62Soulman
The butterfly feeds the raw pin of the arduino at 6V. Although the arduino official page says that the raw pin can be fed with 5V thru 12V, I strongly doubt it, I'm unaware of any regulator that will work with zero voltage drop. If you have a non working butterfly please monitor if the VCC pins on the arduino are getting stable voltage, an oscilloscope would tell a better story, but a digital voltmeter can aready proovide a good clue. Please report on your findings.
thats something to try. I have been feeding the unit at 12v through the PWM pins which is then regulated to 6v with the onboard LM317. I get your logic so I'll take a look.
Oct 08, 2016, 06:27 PM
Nothing to see here move along all
Last edited by yak-54; Feb 22, 2018 at 05:04 AM.
Oct 08, 2016, 07:40 PM
I need some help setting up ULRS.

I've just flashed my ULRS tx & rx boards, all ok there.
I have picked 4 rf channels in the ulrs software.
Ulrs software shows the channels changing, when connected to the TX via ftdi.

I have the RX connected to my pixhawk, through telemetry 1, using only the tx & rx pins.
PPM connected to the pixhawk from my ulrs.

I changed the serial board rate to 19 in the mission planner software.

I've had them running for 15 or so minutes. It did kick in once and showed rc channels changing in mission planner. but only once for a few seconds.

Apart from that, not much is happening.

Any advice here?
Oct 08, 2016, 07:52 PM
Last edited by yak-54; Feb 22, 2018 at 05:05 AM.
Oct 08, 2016, 07:54 PM
For antennas?

If thats what you mean, no, using actual antennas
Oct 08, 2016, 08:30 PM
Last edited by yak-54; Feb 22, 2018 at 05:05 AM.
Oct 08, 2016, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Ok,
i give up, still not accessible
THIS BETA VERSION WAS ONLY VALID FOR A DETERMINED PERIOD....

Always money talks,

bye
And so do bad manners. Do not let the door hit you on the way out!
Oct 08, 2016, 09:52 PM
Thread OP
So the connection (data) to pixhawk / mission planner is ok, the only issue is with the RC channels ?

If they show correct values in ULRS CC, then check :
- PPM pins used (on ULRS and on Pixhawk)
- RC calibration in Mission Planner.
Oct 08, 2016, 09:53 PM
Money does talk, I for one cant wait for the final stable release.
So i can pay flipflap for all his hard work and get hold of the best lrs firmware going around
Oct 08, 2016, 09:59 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rank
flipflap, do you have any reports of the butterfly board actually working?
I have build the latest version pcb one, a few days ago and it's having the issues, reported by several other ULRS users.
Well, it seems to work at least for Cereal Killer, maybe for some other users but you'll have to search the forum, I can't remember exactly who got it working.

Quick Reply