Nov 28, 2014, 05:08 AM
Hi Flipflap,

Just what I've been searching for. Brilliant, well done and thanks for your efforts.

Camerart.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 29, 2014, 06:21 PM
just bought a pixhawk, can someone help me out with the 6 pin connector from the orangeRX and the standard telemetry kit? i will only use the telemetry for computer, because i have a taranis with 16channels and enought range for now.
Nov 29, 2014, 09:37 PM
FPV, RC and more........
Checkout the pixhawk documentation on the download page. You will only need to connect 4 pins - rx, tx, gnd and vcc - (or 2 rx & tx if you use the orangerx as rc radio on your plane/quad as well as it will get its power from the pixhawk via the "servo connector" ).
Nov 30, 2014, 09:28 AM
FPV, RC and more........
Flipflap, I'm trying to find a way to get the additional channels ( 9-> ) working somehow. I found a PPM to PWM converter that i could possibly use (idea is to use a y-cable between rx and pixhawk).
Not aure if this would work (the Y-cable) but I would give it a try. Question I have is how many channels does ULRS pass via PPM? First 8 or all 16?

Thanks
Nov 30, 2014, 10:40 AM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by idefixsin
Flipflap, I'm trying to find a way to get the additional channels ( 9-> ) working somehow. I found a PPM to PWM converter that i could possibly use (idea is to use a y-cable between rx and pixhawk).
Not aure if this would work (the Y-cable) but I would give it a try. Question I have is how many channels does ULRS pass via PPM? First 8 or all 16?

Thanks
I am hoping that at least one channel is passed and I have ordered this RCCC. It is a combo device that decodes 3 PWM channels, of your choice, and can use those for camera trigger, led control, voltage monitor, video switch or pass thru.
RCCC
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
Dec 04, 2014, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfly1202
For people who are looking minimosd-extra firmware, I've modified telemetry speed with latest source available for 19200 and autotune mode display ('ATUN').

I haven't test Copter version because I'm using plane but It must be successful.

Hope it help...
Hi Macfly,
Could you please modify the new minimosd-extra firmware r800 for copter so it would work in 19200 speed

(by the way, what is autotune mode you have mentioned and for what is it used? sorry for the noob question)

They fixed some bugs and I would love to use it.

The firmware is inside a folder named "FW & Char" in the attached ZIP file

Thanks in advance!
Ori

P.S.- I have tried to compile the firmware by myself, but got stuck with the arduino software compiling errors, and waisted half a day to no avail...
Dec 04, 2014, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
Hi Darko,

I take note of your feature request.

One way to achieve this for the moment is to record (by pressing the TX button) the failsafe values when the throttle is at an abnormally low value.

For example on my RC controller it's possible to get down to a < 0.95 ms throttle value by playing on the throttle trim and minimum boundary. The ULRS will record the failsafe values you send to it, even if outside of 1-2 ms. And then you come back to a normal throttle setting.

In this way the APM will see a very low value on throttle channel only when there's a real failsafe.
Hi FlipFlap,

Thanks for the tip, it took me a while to play with my 9XR Remote until I found out where to trim the throttle below the "zero" point

(If anyone wants to do that and he happend to have a 9XR with OpenTX firmware than you need to go to setup menu page 6/10 and move the middle point from 1500 pwm to 1440 pwm in the Throttle channel and then press the failsafe button on the orangeRx Tx and then change the middle point back to 1500 pwm, I'll upload a picture of the menu if anyone needs it)

Unfortunately, when I was out in the field with the quadcopter armed and ready to take off, I accidently pushed the FailSafe button with my finger and that changed my failsafe info on the Rx... i was afraid it would happen and it did...

I "recorded" the low value throttle again using the method I've mentioned above and then had a realy nice flight, but I was constantly worried and careful not to touch the failsafe button which is very close to where I hold the Remote with my hand.

I wrote all this long story in order to show how important it is (at least for me) to have a firmware that has an option in case of a connection lost between Tx and Rx - the Rx would stop sending info to the APM.

Thanks again for all your amazing work!

My Telemetry connection is much better now and I only have a 100mw Rx with simple ImmersionRC "sander" antenna on the copter
and an RMILEC 1/2 wave lenth antenna on my 1 watt orangeRx Tx attached to 9XR remote

I will upload a video of my flight soon.

Have a nice weekend everybody!
Last edited by Darko32; Dec 04, 2014 at 03:51 PM.
Dec 04, 2014, 04:43 PM
Hi all. Could anybody meashure the current of the Orange TX module in the RX mode at 5V? Mine is consuming only 0.1A...
Dec 04, 2014, 05:54 PM
@Darko32: I will do it tomorow - it was long time I didn't come here because pb with my work.
Dec 05, 2014, 04:02 AM
Wow almost 1000 posts

Got my modules sitting at customs. Can't wait to pick them up and get my flipflap link going !

The orangerx 1W modules will replace the rangelink rx currently inside the wing of my asw28 (pictured) as well as the rangelink rx in my Turnigy 9XR transmitter.
Dec 05, 2014, 10:19 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasja
Hi all. Could anybody meashure the current of the Orange TX module in the RX mode at 5V? Mine is consuming only 0.1A...
Hi Wasja,

I'll check precisely, but it should be around 300 mA when transmitting. Remember that the RX module only transmits when the TX is turned on (the 'RX' only 'answers' to the TX packets).

So the RX alone, without the TX turned on, can be around 100 mA, but I'll confirm it this evening.
Dec 05, 2014, 10:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_LaLanne
Wow almost 1000 posts

Got my modules sitting at customs. Can't wait to pick them up and get my flipflap link going !

The orangerx 1W modules will replace the rangelink rx currently inside the wing of my asw28 (pictured) as well as the rangelink rx in my Turnigy 9XR transmitter.
That's a 2.6 m glider ? Are you using APM too ?
Dec 05, 2014, 10:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darko32
Hi FlipFlap,

Thanks for the tip, it took me a while to play with my 9XR Remote until I found out where to trim the throttle below the "zero" point

(If anyone wants to do that and he happend to have a 9XR with OpenTX firmware than you need to go to setup menu page 6/10 and move the middle point from 1500 pwm to 1440 pwm in the Throttle channel and then press the failsafe button on the orangeRx Tx and then change the middle point back to 1500 pwm, I'll upload a picture of the menu if anyone needs it)

Unfortunately, when I was out in the field with the quadcopter armed and ready to take off, I accidently pushed the FailSafe button with my finger and that changed my failsafe info on the Rx... i was afraid it would happen and it did...

I "recorded" the low value throttle again using the method I've mentioned above and then had a realy nice flight, but I was constantly worried and careful not to touch the failsafe button which is very close to where I hold the Remote with my hand.

I wrote all this long story in order to show how important it is (at least for me) to have a firmware that has an option in case of a connection lost between Tx and Rx - the Rx would stop sending info to the APM.

Thanks again for all your amazing work!

My Telemetry connection is much better now and I only have a 100mw Rx with simple ImmersionRC "sander" antenna on the copter
and an RMILEC 1/2 wave lenth antenna on my 1 watt orangeRx Tx attached to 9XR remote

I will upload a video of my flight soon.

Have a nice weekend everybody!
I understand very well the issue as I also ran into it saving the failsafe values with the throttle artificially down is only a workaround and I'll add more failsafe options.
Dec 05, 2014, 10:28 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by idefixsin

Thanks
For now it's 8 PPM channels, but which RC controller are you using ?
Dec 05, 2014, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap

So the RX alone, without the TX turned on, can be around 100 mA, but I'll confirm it this evening.
Thank you. In my case both are on, telemetry on, 5 meter distance.

Quick Reply