Aug 28, 2016, 01:52 PM
Has anyone posted on ardupilot.org or github the issue of MP reporting false packet loss? I suspect Michael Oborne would jump on that pretty quickly if someone provided log files and good description of what they're seeing between versions 1.3.37, 1.3.39, etc. I am not there yet with my ULRS system bring up, or I would do so.

Kelly

EDIT: just posted the issue on ardupilot.org here, even though it's hearsay on my part...
Last edited by wkf94025; Aug 28, 2016 at 02:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 28, 2016, 02:35 PM
RC fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwhiper
Is that a picture of the cheap antennalizer?
Yes, it seems to work OK, apart from you don't seem to be able to adjust the frequency scale when viewing the results of the scan. Also, I honestly couldn't say how accurate it is given that I don't have a professional analyser to compare it with.
Aug 28, 2016, 02:48 PM
Thread OP
Wow I was gone the whole day and discover several pages of interesting posts, I'll have more time tomorrow to answer.
Aug 28, 2016, 02:56 PM
Quote:
It should have gnd from the board.
Do you have pics?
It was bad pigtails...
I decided to make direct connetion between antennas and PCB.

Someone know how to open "Link stats" with Mission Planner? Cant find it...
Aug 28, 2016, 07:29 PM
Sorry if this may not be the venue for this but seems some pretty savvy people here.

Is there any sort of convention in our community at this point for SMA connectors? I am finding I have quite a variety of SMA and RP-SMA connections on the antennas I have purchased. The Tx and Rx devices I own are a mixed bag as are the various antenna I have collected. Just get that mixed up and next thing you know, screw a female SMA transmitter onto a male RP-SMA and you may just cook your TX!

https://oscarliang.com/difference-sm...na-fpv-copter/

Dan
Aug 29, 2016, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkf94025
Has anyone posted on ardupilot.org or github the issue of MP reporting false packet loss? I suspect Michael Oborne would jump on that pretty quickly if someone provided log files and good description of what they're seeing between versions 1.3.37, 1.3.39, etc. I am not there yet with my ULRS system bring up, or I would do so.

Kelly

EDIT: just posted the issue on ardupilot.org here, even though it's hearsay on my part...
Flipflap or others that have experienced the packet loss on MP after 1.3.37, would you please post a tlog to ardupilot.org so Michael Oborne can fix this problem? He is standing by here.

I don't want to be stuck on a back version of MP for this reason, so please assist Michael in knocking this out.

Thanks,
Kelly
Aug 29, 2016, 01:18 AM
Thread OP
OK thanks Kelly, I'm posting that when I come back from work.
Aug 29, 2016, 06:19 AM
The wolfbox rx pinouts diagram on the website is confusing me.
Why there is two PPM pin and no RSSI pin ?

http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/wp-c...100mW-FTDI.png

For me the telemetry works nicely, but not the PPM link yet.

Thank you for your help
Aug 29, 2016, 07:46 AM
Thread OP
It's a copy-paste mistake on the diagram, the blue wire is the RSSI and not the PPM.

Notice that the servo connectors on the Wolfbox 100mW are oriented with the GND pins far from the PCB, and the signal pins close to the PCB, which is unusual.
Last edited by flipflap; Aug 29, 2016 at 08:09 AM.
Aug 29, 2016, 07:24 PM
If anyone is looking for some Hobbyking OrangeRX modules for their ULRS project....

OrangeRX 1W units For Sale:

I have a set of OrangeRX 1W modules for sale complete with 6v mod and wiring for ULRS. (Used once)

I also have 2 unmodified OrangeRX 1W modules and 6 x 9 channel OrangeRX receivers available.

PM me for photos and details. I am in Brisbane, Australia.
Aug 29, 2016, 08:36 PM
Quote:
International space station, it has a couple of different possibilities for hams to make contact.
Orbit 400km above ground.
http://www.ariss.org/contact-the-iss.html

Edit:

Will get some coax and other materials and will start making a how to and FAQ about antennas for Ben to put on his site.
Thanks, I will be waiting for this.
Aug 30, 2016, 04:04 AM
Durability Tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
It's a copy-paste mistake on the diagram, the blue wire is the RSSI and not the PPM.

Notice that the servo connectors on the Wolfbox 100mW are oriented with the GND pins far from the PCB, and the signal pins close to the PCB, which is unusual.
if you put the ppm wire on upside down the leds will still light up but it wont connect, took me ages to work out the problem.
Aug 30, 2016, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helixerox
Thanks, I will be waiting for this.
Its going to take a couple of weeks, busy with a lot of projects
Aug 30, 2016, 04:10 AM
Nothing to see here move along all
Last edited by yak-54; Feb 22, 2018 at 05:17 AM.
Aug 30, 2016, 04:37 AM
Its actually the easiest antenna to make as long as you follow some basic principles.
Because it's a 75ohm antenna and our radio needs a 50 ohm feedline and antenna you need a balun to balance it out to get a nice band low swr.
You could use a bazooka or ferite choke at the last piece of the coax to take a way a load of rf that's coming back thru the shield but that's only taking a way a symptom.
To get the most out of the dipole you really need to use a 1:4 balun, not only to correct for the antennas mismatched resistance but also for the best possible gain.

An dipole without a balun Is nothing more then a monopole with 1 ground plane radial as far as gain and radiation pattern goes.
Same goes for the bazooka or ferrite choke, its still a monopole but with a better swr because there is less reflected power back to the radio hence the lower swr values.
A bazooka choke is nothing more then a 10cm long piece of aluminum/aluminium (American or british spelling ) tube that fits tightly around the coax at the feed point of the antenna.

A dipole becomes a dipole with its gain advantage as soon as you use a chicken ladder feed line to correct it (check the old TV antennas, they have got a those flat 2 line cables for example) OR for even more gain you can use a balun.

A balun balances out the unbalanced line, its allready in the name: BALanced, UNbalanced

I can (and am going to) make a tutorial but I am not going to give any values and lengths for it, because there are so much variables in making antennas.
Even the brand of coax can have an influence on the swr not to speak about wire, ferrite core, solder, test location etc

This also applies on the radiating element of a YAGI

Quick Reply