Oct 21, 2014, 03:34 PM
Hi, i just received all the hardware and now i'm trying this configuration, 1 jr tx module and 1 open lrs rx 100mw. I flashed all with the correct firmware and qhen i turn on everithing in mission planner i see that the signal is received by apm. But th buzzer on the tx beep intermitting and constantly. it's very annoyng and i dont undestand why. Any suggestion?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2014, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicegraham
are older versions of the firmware available anywhere? I'd like to roll back to version I was on previously... looking at when I was posting about getting pixhawk working (Aug 19th) it looks like 1.01 or 1.02 were the latest and the versions I'd have used.
I got it working... I had updated the config via the companion application. I disabled the ext module on the radio and then re-enabled it, this seems to have given it a kick and I'm getting signal through. I also reduced the available channels from 16 to 8, but after I got signal through I upped it back to 16 and I'm still seeing the signal.
Oct 21, 2014, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorbac
Hi, i just received all the hardware and now i'm trying this configuration, 1 jr tx module and 1 open lrs rx 100mw. I flashed all with the correct firmware and qhen i turn on everithing in mission planner i see that the signal is received by apm. But th buzzer on the tx beep intermitting and constantly. it's very annoyng and i dont undestand why. Any suggestion?
It seems that don't receive the telemetry from apm, i tried whit the ftdi adapter on the tx and the bluetooth module also but nothing change. I've already set 19 in serial 1.

On the tx module only the blue led flickering (i think is the sendind package) and the red led blink randomly and the buzzer shut up when the red led is on

UPDATE:

If i use another module as rx (a futaba openlrs tx) the problem does not sussist and the telemtry is ok over bluethoot. so the problem is the 100mw rx that maybe is broke on the tx part. any idea how to check this?
Last edited by razorbac; Oct 21, 2014 at 04:42 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Oct 21, 2014, 05:57 PM
Wouuuu.... I don't understand what happen white rc group notification in this thread... I miss 3 pages... New firmware to test : cool ! Thanks Flip flap ! For people expecting pb with Ppm, it's possible to update Ppm decoder from Apm. More info on arducopter wiki (set jumper and use Atmel tool Flip' (not flip-flap!!!!)
http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/com...2x-atmega32u2/
Last edited by macfly1202; Oct 21, 2014 at 06:02 PM.
Oct 21, 2014, 09:52 PM
Just call me Justin.
I'm waiting for the ability to change bauds, freq, freq hopping, power levels.
Oct 22, 2014, 02:02 AM
@FilpFlap

any idea when the ability to add a unique binding key will be available? A couple of guys in my group are going the same route and we want to be able to fly together
Oct 22, 2014, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt41time
I'm waiting for the ability to change bauds, freq, freq hopping, power levels.
Agreed! Ok, bauds may be are optimized by author, see the problems with other open LRS telemetries. But hooping and unique ID must have. Power level you can regulate by voltage input, it is not very important issue (but may be the easiest to implement I do not know).

May be the binding is not very important, the ID may be put during flashing process. Just flash Tx and Rx with the same one. It should be enough.
Oct 22, 2014, 05:17 AM
Thread OP
Ability to select frequencies is officially promised for 5 Nov.

In the meanwhile it's a good idea to upgrade to 1.06.
Oct 22, 2014, 05:24 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorbac
It seems that don't receive the telemetry from apm, i tried whit the ftdi adapter on the tx and the bluetooth module also but nothing change. I've already set 19 in serial 1.

On the tx module only the blue led flickering (i think is the sendind package) and the red led blink randomly and the buzzer shut up when the red led is on

UPDATE:

If i use another module as rx (a futaba openlrs tx) the problem does not sussist and the telemtry is ok over bluethoot. so the problem is the 100mw rx that maybe is broke on the tx part. any idea how to check this?
I you don't have a rock solid connection, then it's better to replace the 100 mW module completely. It's difficult to really test without proper equipment, but lost packets at short range for only one of the modules is a sure sign.

Always use a good antennas, and avoid the original whip antennas.
Oct 22, 2014, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
I you don't have a rock solid connection, then it's better to replace the 100 mW module completely. It's difficult to really test without proper equipment, but lost packets at short range for only one of the modules is a sure sign.

Always use a good antennas, and avoid the original whip antennas.
Ok thank you very much for the reply =) after 3 hour of test i decided to throw it away xD i think that i follow your tutorial and try to replace the 100mw with a 1 w module when i have some time to dedicate to it =)
thank you again for your hard work=)
Last edited by razorbac; Oct 22, 2014 at 06:11 AM.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:12 AM
Just call me Justin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
Ability to select frequencies is officially promised for 5 Nov.

In the meanwhile it's a good idea to upgrade to 1.06.
Is there a firmware changelog?
Oct 22, 2014, 11:27 AM
Quote:
This.

I know there was conversation about this before and it got a bit animated and I'm not trying to start that again but....

Is there any plan to OSS this branch of the firmware? Many hands make light work and all that.
Oct 23, 2014, 05:15 PM

ULRS updater problem

Hi-So I have my hardware (HK 1W Rx and Tx) and have an FTDI cable plugged in and I'm getting the error shown in the attached, what am I doing wrong??
Thanks

Posted this prematurely. Think I see the problem.
Last edited by dkemxr; Oct 23, 2014 at 05:26 PM.
Oct 23, 2014, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkemxr
Hi-So I have my hardware (HK 1W Rx and Tx) and have an FTDI cable plugged in and I'm getting the error shown in the attached, what am I doing wrong??
Thanks

Posted this prematurely. Think I see the problem.
Did you find the problem?
I think we're starting to see FTDI connection problems all over the hobby right now. This is going to be big .....
Oct 23, 2014, 11:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Currently not, but I can change that.

Quick Reply