Oct 18, 2014, 04:09 AM
FPV, RC and more........
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
Yes PCM is not supported, PPM only, good that you found it

Regarding the issue you mention, can you try with channels 5 and 6 on middle position ?

It's always possible to have a bug, but I don't see what could affect specifically channel 7 and channel 3.

Maybe with a longer than usual PPM frame something happens, that's why I would like to know if it happens also with switches 5 and 6 in middle position.

Is it only related to channel 7 and throttle ?
Thanks once again for the quick reply !

No, it affects not only channel 7 and throttle. If I move yaw to full right and throttle up, same problem with throttle. If I move roll right and pitch forward, pitch shows the same issue. I just verified again with a DSM 2 receiver and none of these problems are there. Maybe something to do with the way the JR 9X (9303) passes the signal to URLS? I also had this with one of the switches affecting another switch but somehow I'm not able to replicate this any more now.

Let me know if I can provide you with additional data for troubleshooting.
Last edited by IdefixRC; Oct 18, 2014 at 06:18 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2014, 08:25 AM
It s possible there is something here because I have issue with channel 7 for Minimosd swith panel. I be modified value in Minimosd extra to deal with this but I m not completely satisfied because switching not ok every time. ( switch do nothing)
I must put off my turnigy 9xr and turn on back with switch 7 enabled. Moreover if I reverse this channel it s start could start to be ok immediately. Strange behavior that is not always repeated.
Oct 18, 2014, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfly1202
For people who are looking minimosd-extra firmware, I've modified telemetry speed with latest source available for 19200 and autotune mode display ('ATUN').

I haven't test Copter version because I'm using plane but It must be successful.

Hope it help...

Ok well I have tried this firmware, I did something while uploading and managed to brick my minimosd for a day or 3 and was unable to reflash the bootloader until i discovered the gound pin I was using for the uspasp was not actually ground, anyhow, new bootloader and new firmware, still Can't update the charset - "Error entering font mode - no data" - back to the original issue again

Just wondering from Flipflap's comments about regarding charset upload turned off - Did this firmware in this quote have the changes to the firmware to allow charset upload?

Thanks!
Oct 18, 2014, 02:44 PM
Burt KF7ULM
Craaby

Try loading this firmware into the Miniosd first. http://code.google.com/p/arducam-osd...inimOSD_20.hex

now use this configuration file to load the "Charset" you want
https://code.google.com/p/arducam-os...0.zip&can=2&q=

Now load the firmware from this thead. You should have what you want. won't take as long as you think.

Now use the Lates configuration tool to setup your osd.

Burt
Quote:
Originally Posted by craaby
Ok well I have tried this firmware, I did something while uploading and managed to brick my minimosd for a day or 3 and was unable to reflash the bootloader until i discovered the gound pin I was using for the uspasp was not actually ground, anyhow, new bootloader and new firmware, still Can't update the charset - "Error entering font mode - no data" - back to the original issue again

Just wondering from Flipflap's comments about regarding charset upload turned off - Did this firmware in this quote have the changes to the firmware to allow charset upload?

Thanks!
Oct 18, 2014, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by craaby

Thanks!
Like Burtgree suggested for you, use ctools from original project or 3dr download area for uploading Charset 2.4.0.1 from Minimosd extra last source. (r794 or r795)
No there isn't the uncommented lines. It s not necessary for me using ctools from 3dr but I could try to enable it if there is enough space (not sure)
Oct 18, 2014, 04:22 PM
OK so i finally found out what happened, i forgot that i compiled my own version of arduplane with a separate telemetry stream at UART2 that is hard coded to run at 19200bps this is why it work when my minimosd telemetry was at 57600bps.

if you guys want i have now created a version with a param to control UART2 baud rate so won't have to be hard coded.
Oct 19, 2014, 08:01 AM
FPV, RC and more........
Hi FlipFlap,

I tested a bit further with the 1W JR TX and the 100mW RX.
First I installed openlrsng on both modules and tested various stick and switch combinations via Mission Planner. I did not find any strange behavior.

Next I uploaded ULRS to both the 1W JR TX Module and the 100mW RX Module.
Connected and tested all the stick and switch combinations via Mission Planner.
Unfortunately the issue came back :-(

Here are some examples of what I got:
- CH 5 up, CH6 up, CH7 down, CH8 goes from 1070 to 1857
- CH 5 up, CH6 up, CH7 middle, CH8 goes from 1070 to 1720
- CH 5 up, CH6 up, CH7 up, CH8 goes from 1070 to 1254

- CH5, Ch7 and CH8 up - CH6 will max go to middle position ~1458
As soon as CH8 is dropped below half, CH6 will jump to full

- CH5,6,7,8 to high, Throttle will max at 1260, Drop CH7 or CH8 to down and Throttle will jump up to 1858

As I do not have this issue with OpenLRSng, could you check if there is something in the code that could be an issue? Maybe radio specific?
I'm using a JR9303 Radio (JR 9X II PCM) - if there is someone else here who uses the same radio please let us know.

Thanks !!
Oct 19, 2014, 09:34 AM
Just call me Justin.
Idk... Try hooking the ppm out of the Jr straight into the APM..... See if its your Jr and not the ulrs....
Oct 19, 2014, 12:58 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by idefixsin
Hi FlipFlap,

I tested a bit further with the 1W JR TX and the 100mW RX.
OK it looks like a bug when the PPM frame is long (many channels at high values).

I'll check this.
Oct 19, 2014, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfly1202
It s possible there is something here because I have issue with channel 7 for Minimosd swith panel. I be modified value in Minimosd extra to deal with this but I m not completely satisfied because switching not ok every time. ( switch do nothing)
I must put off my turnigy 9xr and turn on back with switch 7 enabled. Moreover if I reverse this channel it s start could start to be ok immediately. Strange behavior that is not always repeated.
The same. Minimosd switch panel was configured to channel 5. No response. Did you modified something in channel reading?
Oct 20, 2014, 01:36 AM
Wondering if anyone can help me out here. I'm using the 1w tx as RX ppm into an APM 2.6. I need more channels out of my apm to control gimbal pan tilt, retracts and a video switcher. So far I can only see an option to set the apm to give out pan tilt control. Is there any way to get other channels out of my apm for the retracts and video switch? Normally i'd just connect to a non ppm channel on the RX but since this only has the single ppm output i'm not sure what else i can do?
Oct 20, 2014, 02:32 AM
FPV Newbie
8 outputs seems to be the max on APM. If its one of the 8 outputs you can set it to pass through like any normal channel.
Oct 20, 2014, 08:58 AM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyJ
Wondering if anyone can help me out here. I'm using the 1w tx as RX ppm into an APM 2.6. I need more channels out of my apm to control gimbal pan tilt, retracts and a video switcher. So far I can only see an option to set the apm to give out pan tilt control. Is there any way to get other channels out of my apm for the retracts and video switch? Normally i'd just connect to a non ppm channel on the RX but since this only has the single ppm output i'm not sure what else i can do?
You might be able to use an external ppm decoder to "peel" off extra channels for direct pass-around?
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
Oct 20, 2014, 09:09 AM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyJ
You might be able to use an external ppm decoder to "peel" off extra channels for direct pass-around?
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
Oct 20, 2014, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
For your antenna tracker, I was thinking about a secondary 'receiver only' ULRS with its own antenna. It would simply receive the telemetry and send it to your antenna tracker.
Can I use arduino to extract gps data from ULRS ?

I have just started playing around with arduino. I would like to use arduino to do calculations and send pwm to pan and tilt servos. Can I use minimosd code as an example of how to read mavlink?

Thank you.

This project looks promising.
Last edited by buffalome; Oct 20, 2014 at 01:07 PM.

Quick Reply