Oct 12, 2014, 04:31 PM
Burt KF7ULM
I think you have it, but just in case, you need to use a older firmware version to upload the charset. be sure that both sides are powered.
After the charset is uploaded, then load the newer firmware.
On some versions of the firmware, the code to upload the charset was removed to allow more features.
I know this worked for me about a month ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfly1202
Hi FlipFlap,
All is attached (source r795 with modified sped to 19200 and mode 'auto tune')
So I call this version r797 (cf OSD Panel)
It's perfectly working for me
Like I already wrote here, I used CT original from 3DR, this Minimosd extra and used 3DR CT tools original for uploading mcm 2.4.0.1 ( from minim extra CT tools)
(because uploading charset from minimosd extra failed with the last tools from minimosd it's why you mist use CT tools from 3DR only for charset uploading )
Hope it's crystal clear now for people who haven't understand this.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 12, 2014, 08:51 PM
Thread OP
In the version that you've attached, the charset upload is disabled : the lines which should activate the function are commented out :

Mavlink.ino :

/* allow CLI to be started by hitting enter 3 times, if no
heartbeat packets have been received */
if (mavlink_active == 0 && millis() < 20000 && millis() > 5000) {
if (c == '\n' || c == '\r') {
crlf_count++;
} else {
crlf_count = 0;
}
// if (crlf_count == 3) {
// uploadFont();
// }

}
Oct 13, 2014, 10:03 AM
By now I have tested 3km range at 100m of altitude. The signal and telemetry are ok, no significant loss. It is just wonderful.
The only question is, how will behave the system if there is another in the range (you see, it may become popular). I have only two modules so cannot do such experiment.
Oct 13, 2014, 10:13 AM
For people who are looking minimosd-extra firmware, I've modified telemetry speed with latest source available for 19200 and autotune mode display ('ATUN').

I haven't test Copter version because I'm using plane but It must be successful.

Hope it help...
Oct 13, 2014, 10:51 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasja
By now I have tested 3km range at 100m of altitude. The signal and telemetry are ok, no significant loss. It is just wonderful.
The only question is, how will behave the system if there is another in the range (you see, it may become popular). I have only two modules so cannot do such experiment.
Thanks for the feedback, can you post a picture of your setup ?

Yes, for now the frequencies are not selectable, but that's the next feature to come.
Oct 13, 2014, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorcharlie
I use it with the HKPilot32 and It works like charm! I just had to use a ferrite ring in the telemetry connector (close to the fc) and made the connection very stable.

what frequency is your telemetry? maybe with 433mhz it doesnt do that
Oct 13, 2014, 03:49 PM
Thanks Flipflap and Macfly!

Will try this new firmware.. love the minimosd. I will report back shortly!
Oct 13, 2014, 09:18 PM
Wisconsin
I have been enjoying my ULRS system but the RMILEC 1/2 whip I got from HK is a bit heavy and changes the balance of my Blackout. I also got the Immersion RC Sanders whip which would be great if it did not have a 90 right angle connector on it. I can't seem to find such a light antenna that is vertical.

Anyone know of one?
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
Oct 13, 2014, 09:21 PM
FPV, RC and more........
Quick question in regards to multiple ULRS or URLS together with 3DR 433 Telemetry in use: how would it behave from an interference point of view? With 2.4Ghz the system would simply look for another channel, with ULRS or other 433Mhz systems I'm not so sure.
Assume I'm out 2km with my plane and someone pops up beside me (or 1km down the road towards my plane) and powers his URLS or 3DR telemetry on. What would likely happen?

Asking because I used the 3DR telemetry last weekend at medium power setting and was hovering a few meters away when I got low signal warnings from droidplanner. Turns out someone else was playing with his 433mhz telemetry (3dr clone) a few meters away from me. So no idea if there was an issue on my side or if his system could have impacted mine.

Thanks.
Oct 14, 2014, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idefixsin
Quick question in regards to multiple ULRS or URLS together with 3DR 433 Telemetry in use: how would it behave from an interference point of view? With 2.4Ghz the system would simply look for another channel, with ULRS or other 433Mhz systems I'm not so sure.
Assume I'm out 2km with my plane and someone pops up beside me (or 1km down the road towards my plane) and powers his URLS or 3DR telemetry on. What would likely happen?

Asking because I used the 3DR telemetry last weekend at medium power setting and was hovering a few meters away when I got low signal warnings from droidplanner. Turns out someone else was playing with his 433mhz telemetry (3dr clone) a few meters away from me. So no idea if there was an issue on my side or if his system could have impacted mine.

Thanks.
I have tested the two system close proximity. For 3dr 433 (original), and because we are nearly on same frequency (I believe because don't know exact frequency of ULRS), it was not good at all and link from 3dr was a few meter only. It's depend how you setup 3dr module (power, duty cycle, etc)
Remnoise was very bad (display in droiplanner 2)
On ULRS side, rxrssi was affected but not so much. I believe because of big power of TX orange.
My conclusion is "cohabitation" of this 2 system is not possible in close proximity.
Just setup groud station lost link as a fail safe event in mission Planner.
Oct 14, 2014, 02:22 AM
FPV, RC and more........
Thanks. This could explain why the 3DR link had issues when someone powered up their 3DR telemetry clone beside me with higher output power.

FlipFlap, not sure if it was posted before but could you let us know which frequency is coded in ULRS? thanks
Oct 14, 2014, 03:51 AM
Thread OP
The current frequencies are :

432000 + 45 * 60 = 434,700 MHz
432000 + 50 * 60 = 435,000 MHz
432000 + 55 * 60 = 435,300 MHz
Oct 14, 2014, 04:40 AM
My setup on X8. PPM cable soldered. UART in parallel to OSD, connected by APM telemetry plug to the power board.
Oct 14, 2014, 06:27 AM
FPV, RC and more........
Thanks flipflap
Oct 16, 2014, 10:24 AM
Hi

why do you change the baud rate to 19200? i have used it with 57600 and it worked fine should i move to 19200?

Quick Reply