Jun 10, 2016, 05:50 PM
FPV Melbourne
Nothing to see here move along all
Last edited by yak-54; Feb 22, 2018 at 05:49 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2016, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
I understand what you mean, on the schematic the GPIO pins seem to be connected to the VCC pin, but they are just passing over it. That's the representation in Eagle (PCB software) : if they were connected there would be a small circle at the intersection.
Ah i see now . Thanks
Jun 10, 2016, 09:39 PM
Steve

Ultimate LRS : 40 km APM Telemetry & RC link for $57 (using 2 OrangeRX 1W TX)

Quote:
I've added a page with the links to the relevant posts containing firmware and explanations about MinimOSD :

http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/mini...-ultimate-lrs/

But I didn't try it myself, so let me know if some changes are needed.

Am I missing something? Whenever I use minimosd it connects directly to the flight controller and has no relationship with the receiver. I would have it would have nothing to do with ULRS

Steve
Jun 10, 2016, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evans036
Am I missing something? Whenever I use minimosd it connects directly to the flight controller and has no relationship with the receiver. I would have it would have nothing to do with ULRS

Steve
You can connect minimosd to your transmitter and wire it into video on ground so minimosd will continue to work if your video drops out.
Jun 10, 2016, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evans036

Steve
they are sharing the serial TX pin of the flightcontroller and as long as you dont connect the TX pin of the minimosd it doesn't have anything to do with ULRS.
this is the same with all telemetry options.
Jun 11, 2016, 01:28 AM
Thread OP
Exactly, the only requirement is that MinimOSD reads serial data at 19200 bauds rather than its default serial speed.

That's the only point of these 'custom' MinimOSD firmwares.
Jun 11, 2016, 01:35 AM
Pic of my quad with ULRS on board.
Need to shrink it down a bit but other then that it works perfectly
Swr isn't perfect like this but that will improve when i am going to downscale the rx.
Jun 11, 2016, 01:36 AM
Thread OP

APM 3.6 released & Mavlink 2

One noticeable feature is the support for Mavlink2 :

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...3-6-0-released

"MAVLink2 Support
The new MAVLink2 support will allow for greatly expanded MAVLink protocol features in the future, and includes support for signing of MAVLink connections for the first time, making them secure against malicious attacks. I will do a separate blog post on upgrading to MAVLink2 soon. MAVLink1 is still the default for this release, but you can enable MAVLink2 on a per port basis by setting SERIALn_PROTOCOL=2."

Of course as ULRS does transparently transfer the serial data without modifying it you can immediately start using Mavlink2.
Jun 11, 2016, 04:23 AM
Arrière pays Niçois

MP Versions

An update on Mission Planner versions:

A couple of pages back I mentioned that versions after 1.3.28 didn't work well on WinXP, and that 1.3.0 had an issue with RATE_YAW_IMAX. I tried out 1.3.35 on WinXP and the weirdest thing: the compass reading on HUD, which was ok in lower# versions, started off quite a bit lower than in 1.3.28 and then started counting down with the heli completely stationary on the bench! Also as I mentioned previously descriptions and ranges were absent in "complete parameters"

So we can conclude MP doesn't support WinXP in any versions higher than about 1.3.28 which, chez moi, seemed to work fine. Yesterday I tried 1.3.37 in Win7 and in that OS it worked fine. Descriptions and ranges were properly displayed in "complete parameters" where they were completely absent in WinXP.

But here's another consideration concerning the displayed ranges and limits: If you are using APM with an older firmware like 3.1.5 then for some parameters you might require settings which are indicated as out of range in later versions of MP. It seems the ranges in newer versions of MP are specifically for PixHawk with FW at least 3.3x - this I think is the case with IMAX settings.
Jun 11, 2016, 04:53 AM
Quote:
I've added a page with the links to the relevant posts containing firmware and explanations about MinimOSD :

http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/mini...-ultimate-lrs/

But I didn't try it myself, so let me know if some changes are needed.
Its probably worth mentioning that the Pixhawk has 2 telemetry ports and you can change them to any baud rate.

I have my minim OSD plugged into Telem2 and my ULRS plugged into Telem1
Jun 11, 2016, 06:07 AM
Thread OP
Good remark, I'm adding it on the minimOSD page.
Jun 11, 2016, 06:13 AM
FPV Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulham
Its probably worth mentioning that the Pixhawk has 2 telemetry ports and you can change them to any baud rate.

I have my minim OSD plugged into Telem2 and my ULRS plugged into Telem1
yep but if you have 3 devices OSD +ULRS+ on 19200 + RFD900 - 57200 Long range radio modem for backup thats why i have osd with ulrs
Jun 11, 2016, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007trains
You can connect minimosd to your transmitter and wire it into video on ground so minimosd will continue to work if your video drops out.
So the Tx line from the serial port on the ground unit goes to the RX line on the miniosd and the RX line on the ground unit is not require..... Correct?
Jun 11, 2016, 07:18 AM
FPV Melbourne
Jun 11, 2016, 07:27 AM
FPV Melbourne

Quick Reply