Thread Tools
Oct 10, 2014, 07:41 AM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfly1202
Look this site : there are very very focus on our HC-05/HC-06
http://mcuoneclipse.com/2013/06/19/u...etooth-module/
and after this one :
http://byron76.blogspot.ch/2011/09/hc05-firmware.html
jt41time - The overall link speed is limited by the 19K raadio connection to the FC so it is going to be slower than the 3dr radios. But it is adequate.

MacFly - Thanks I had found those sites yesterday oing research on the problem they were very helpful. i am sure I'll figure it out! I wish MP was not written in dotnet!
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2014, 08:06 AM
Wisconsin

Beacon?


I appreciate the simple reliable approach to this project so I am not asking for a feature just checking to see if this firmware supports the locator beacon feature of OPENLRSNG. I purchased a 433 locater module but if the ULRS units can do it themselves then it saves real estate and complexity.

Cheers
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
Oct 10, 2014, 11:02 AM
Just call me Justin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macfly1202
HI,
Could your give more info on the mod on the 'Arduino Mini' because normally, with OpenTX ext Mavlink, all stuff is inside 9XR. How are you making 'wire' between Ultimate-LRS and 9XR ?
I will do a build post soon. Mini is in the mail. The arduino makes the mavlink signal into something the 9x can read. It basicly a couple mods seen on other threads about frsky telem into 9x combined and doing it diff.
Oct 10, 2014, 01:04 PM
Wisconsin
Just a quick note. My laptop had a built-in bluetooth module that I did not know about and never used. It was fighting the usb bluetooth. Everthing works fine now with the ULRS.

But, of course, now that everything is buttoned up. The ppm encoder on the mini APM failed. Second unit that has done this. More troubleshooting...

Edit: It works much better when you solder the right two wires together for ppm, on the right connector. In my defense the mini APM has a number of very similar connectors. All is well and it works great!!
Last edited by mike_kelly; Oct 10, 2014 at 05:04 PM.
Oct 11, 2014, 03:36 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_kelly
I appreciate the simple reliable approach to this project so I am not asking for a feature just checking to see if this firmware supports the locator beacon feature of OPENLRSNG. I purchased a 433 locater module but if the ULRS units can do it themselves then it saves real estate and complexity.

Cheers
OK, I'll add it on the features request, this one is not very complex.

Notice that the RSSI is quite good to search for the model, I'm using it on an analog meter attached to the TX, and a small directional antenna.
Oct 11, 2014, 03:41 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_kelly
Edit: It works much better when you solder the right two wires together for ppm, on the right connector. In my defense the mini APM has a number of very similar connectors. All is well and it works great!!
Welcome to the club !
Oct 11, 2014, 09:46 PM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
Welcome to the club !
This was a great project FlipFlap. I have not had so much fun in years. Just hard enough that I was not sure that I would get it all working. It was neat to realize that the hobbyking modules are just an Atmel proc and a universal rf chip. At first I could not figure out how you could turn a tx into an rx or vice versa until I realized the rf chip can do both. I have not programmed a proc since single board computers were 12" square and I hand coded via a keyboard. I am going to have to get an arduino kit to play with now.

Thanks again and I think I owe you another beer for such a nice guide for this project. I have never really played with rssi, next aspect to explore. I can see that it would be a perfectly good way to find the aircraft through signal strength so no need for a beacon, the telemetry data becomes the beacon.

What a wonderful hobby that has creative people from all over the world colaborating to make and share such neat ideas!

Cheers and all the best
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
Oct 12, 2014, 12:41 AM
Registered User
Thread OP
And I just noticed your blog about ULRS here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2253508

It's very clearly described and if I wouldn't use it already, would give me a strong desire to try it
Oct 12, 2014, 04:55 AM
Registered User
Hi all! Anyone has been able to use RSSI with Pixhawk?

Thanks so much!
Oct 12, 2014, 11:45 AM
Registered User
Is configuration the same for HKPilot32 (Pix clone) and APM?
Oct 12, 2014, 12:17 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruPTo
Is configuration the same for HKPilot32 (Pix clone) and APM?
I use it with the HKPilot32 and It works like charm! I just had to use a ferrite ring in the telemetry connector (close to the fc) and made the connection very stable.
Oct 12, 2014, 01:40 PM
Registered User
Anyone link me to the original 3dr Ct Tool? apparently it works uploading the charset at 19200 baud ? Still having issues with minimosd after changing baud rate to 19200.

Thanks
Oct 12, 2014, 01:52 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalome
Hi,

Anybody successfully upload the charset? I first upload the minimosd-extra 19200 mod (flipflap suggested), then upload the charset but not success. So, I upload the original minimosd-extra then upload charset, then upload the 19200 mod. The osd shows correct data (gps, batt, heading, ...), but they are not in correct position.

With the original minimosd-extra I can upload charset with no problem.

I use ULRS v1.0.1

I am looking for a solutions for this also
Oct 12, 2014, 03:26 PM
Registered User
Thread OP
I had a look at the source of minimosd, it seems that there is only one baudrate defined for everything (telemetry and characters upload).

It will wait for three consecutive CR received at telemetry speed (19200 in our case), before going into character upload mode at the same speed.

Can you confirm exactly which minimosd version you're running, and how you proceed to upload the charset (I don't have a minimosd so excuse the question) ?

If the source code of the upload tool is available, it's probably easy to change its baudrate.

If not, we'll have to find a way to make the minimosd pass into character upload mode at a different baudrate than telemetry. It could for example be if no mavlink data is received during 10 seconds after powerup.
Oct 12, 2014, 04:16 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
I had a look at the source of minimosd, it seems that there is only one baudrate defined for everything (telemetry and characters upload).

It will wait for three consecutive CR received at telemetry speed (19200 in our case), before going into character upload mode at the same speed.

Can you confirm exactly which minimosd version you're running, and how you proceed to upload the charset (I don't have a minimosd so excuse the question) ?

If the source code of the upload tool is available, it's probably easy to change its baudrate.

If not, we'll have to find a way to make the minimosd pass into character upload mode at a different baudrate than telemetry. It could for example be if no mavlink data is received during 10 seconds after powerup.
Hi FlipFlap,
All is attached (source r795 with modified sped to 19200 and mode 'auto tune')
So I call this version r797 (cf OSD Panel)
It's perfectly working for me
Like I already wrote here, I used CT original from 3DR, this Minimosd extra and used 3DR CT tools original for uploading mcm 2.4.0.1 ( from minim extra CT tools)
(because uploading charset from minimosd extra failed with the last tools from minimosd it's why you mist use CT tools from 3DR only for charset uploading )
Hope it's crystal clear now for people who haven't understand this.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools