Aug 31, 2014, 08:28 PM
Just call me Justin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap View Post
This is the VCC pin, be careful to look at the module in the same orientation as on the photo (take the crystal position as reference).

Cut the trace going to this pin, and connect the pin directly to 5V.

Has anyone done this yet? If so, measured the output yet?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2014, 12:25 AM
Thread OP
I measured the power on several modules at 5V, and had results between 572 and 621 mW. Some people are talking about 800 mW.

Sep 01, 2014, 11:44 AM
Just call me Justin.
Quote:
I measured the power on several modules at 5V, and had results between 572 and 621 mW. Some people are talking about 800 mW.

In your opinion, is it worth doing to this module with your firmware? Looks like an easy thing to do.
Sep 01, 2014, 11:57 AM
Thread OP
It depends on the range you want to achieve. You can do it, and there's no overheating issues, but the biggest range improvement comes when you're using good antennas.

I recommend a 4 elements yagi on the ground (tripod) if you plan to fly far away. ( http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/yagi-antennas/ )

It takes about 1 hour to DIY, and gives this aha feeling when the plane crosses the 10 km line.

Some people say that a yagi is too directionnal, but this 4-elements yagi still controls the plane at 2 km when pointing 90 off the plane.

You can add power, no issue on this, but doubling the power does not double the range, while a good antenna will often x10 the range of the rubber antenna.
Sep 01, 2014, 03:07 PM
Thread OP
Just sharing the progress on the configurator, the interface is more logical, just select
- board type
- firmware : just select stable or beta, it will check online and download the corresponding hex file in the good version
- rx or tx
- com port
and click to burn.

Sep 01, 2014, 05:28 PM
Wisconsin
Very clean!
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
Sep 01, 2014, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Just sharing the progress on the configurator, the interface is more logical, just select
- board type
- firmware : just select stable or beta, it will check online and download the corresponding hex file in the good version
- rx or tx
- com port
and click to burn.

I think we have an official replacement for the gitsly branch of openLRSng. Brilliant work.
Sep 02, 2014, 06:23 AM

bluetooth telemetry connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobi78 View Post
one more hint for HC-05 - try also AT commands:
at+cmode=0
-> OK
at+role=1
to set module to master mode -> you can search it as BT device on PC later.

PS: Don't forget set to serial console tool last speed you've set to module.
sobi78

thank your help, I change role to slave and it works now.
Last edited by Dick Ou; Sep 02, 2014 at 06:52 AM.
Sep 02, 2014, 10:46 AM
Quote:
- board type
- rx or tx
- com port
and click to burn.

Looks like you are using VS, if you make the configuration protocol open I can easily come up with a QT framework based app which has the advantage of being cross platform
Sep 02, 2014, 12:37 PM
Quote:
- board type
- rx or tx
- com port
and click to burn.

Hi flipflap,

This configurator looks GREAT !! Just wondering if we will also be able to select channels with this tool?

Thanks!
Sep 02, 2014, 01:57 PM
Thread OP
Yes, that's the main objective, in order to let several users fly together.

But in the mid-term, I'd like to develop a system which is able to detect free channels and use them on the fly.
Sep 02, 2014, 03:37 PM
Just got a 1w and 100mw setup as RX's, flashed my TX with the 1.04 beta and everything works like a charm. Excellent work FlipFlap and so simple to use. Very excited about this!
Sep 02, 2014, 10:04 PM
I know this is somewhat off topic but i'm having some trouble getting my minimosd working now that i've changed my baud to 19200. The osd starts, says no mav, then blinks off until I unpower then repower it. I installed the custom 19200 osd firmware from here http://84ace.com/?p=11 but it just doesn't seem to be working right for me. I have only 3 wires going to the digital side, power, ground, and RX. I have no tx connected.
Sep 02, 2014, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyJ View Post
I know this is somewhat off topic but i'm having some trouble getting my minimosd working now that i've changed my baud to 19200. The osd starts, says no mav, then blinks off until I unpower then repower it. I installed the custom 19200 osd firmware from here http://84ace.com/?p=11 but it just doesn't seem to be working right for me. I have only 3 wires going to the digital side, power, ground, and RX. I have no tx connected.
Check your panels with the CT tool?

When you say it 'turns off' do you get the 'loading' text but then no text?

Make sure you have some fields checked in the Panel 1, e.g. Lat/Long, home arrow etc.
Sep 03, 2014, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFlite View Post
Check your panels with the CT tool?

When you say it 'turns off' do you get the 'loading' text but then no text?

Make sure you have some fields checked in the Panel 1, e.g. Lat/Long, home arrow etc.
Looks like I was having dual issues. I think my external indicator leds on my APM were browning out my osd. So it was shutting off before it got the chance to see the slower 19200 mavlink. I disconnected my leds and that stopped it from shutting off, then after 20-30 seconds it sees my telemetry and all works well. So issue solved! Now just have to hardwire my little leds power and ground.

Quick Reply