Oct 24, 2015, 04:08 PM

ULRS Tx cover V1.5

I am not sure if anyone noticed, but the last version was exported in the wrong unit's, so the size was way off. I corrected that in this one, and I added a place to put a BT module.

The BT mount's on top of the antenna support, and slides in like a drawer. It should be nice and snug without any kind of adhesive, but a piece of double sided sticky tape would suffice if it isn't snug enough for your liking. I also left room so that you can get access to the BT connection's, and there is room under it in case the solder isn't completely flush.
Last edited by Beemond; Nov 02, 2015 at 07:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2015, 06:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt41time
It has always been set TX not auto
OK, looks like a bug, I'll check that.
Oct 24, 2015, 06:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet A1
Dear Ben,
it is simply built to the exact measurements of Ibcrazy. Used my geo rulers to make them. As antennawire, I used a 0,5mm diameter steelwire (inner part of bowdencable). Hard to solder, with a little grinding of the wire, then it works.
As already mentioned, no tuning made, just built to exact dimensions.
b.r.
Wolfgang
That's excellent, I'll add this to the recommanded antennas.
Oct 24, 2015, 08:32 PM
Just call me Justin.
Anyone got a extra apm they want to throw my way? I'm about to throw my megapirateng board out the window.

Trade for an orangerx 1w futaba module????

So frustrated.....
Oct 24, 2015, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Anyone got a extra apm they want to throw my way? I'm about to throw my megapirateng board out the window.

So frustrated.....
Order an APM clone. I started with MPNG as well and it is SOOO out dated. I never knew the difference until I finally got ahold of an APM mini. They are megacheap now too.

Heck, you can pick up a Pixhawk for under a hundred bucks now. I believe even the official APM is discontinued and we are all supposed to migrate to the Pixhawk platform. Mine broke...
Oct 24, 2015, 08:40 PM
Flipflap, we are using a very small switchable voltage regulator on our 250 size quads running 4s batteries. The VR provide 5v power to the flight controller or any other voltage lower to the system we require? This VR will easily fit inside the orange box. Can you please check to see if this will work as a regulator for the 6v mod?

http://boltrc.com/index.php?route=pr...product_id=848

They are available on eBay, but I know pololu is making a similar one.
Last edited by Johan9; Oct 24, 2015 at 09:15 PM.
Oct 24, 2015, 08:42 PM
Just call me Justin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemond
Order an APM clone. I started with MPNG as well and it is SOOO out dated. I never knew the difference until I finally got ahold of an APM mini. They are megacheap now too.

Heck, you can pick up a Pixhawk for under a hundred bucks now. I believe even the official APM is discontinued and we are all supposed to migrate to the Pixhawk platform. Mine broke...
The whole not working enough thing comes into play. Sucks. Reusing my stuff from craft to craft... I cannot have more then one copter flying at one time. Ya. Depressed a little ....
Oct 24, 2015, 11:35 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan9
Flipflap, we are using a very small switchable voltage regulator on our 250 size quads running 4s batteries. The VR provide 5v power to the flight controller or any other voltage lower to the system we require? This VR will easily fit inside the orange box. Can you please check to see if this will work as a regulator for the 6v mod?

http://boltrc.com/index.php?route=pr...product_id=848

They are available on eBay, but I know pololu is making a similar one.
Hi Johan,

I see the product you're referring to for example here at less than $2. The datasheet of the main chip is here.

On paper it should be good, but be careful with very low priced boards, as they usually downsize every component they can.

* For example the typical application circuit on the datasheet requires a 10F on input and 22F on output. We can't see the exact value on the photo, but usually for this value an SMD capacitor should looks like this. It seems that on this board they've put much smaller capacitors.

If we look at the Pololu equivalent we can see exactly that type of capacitors. It's higher priced, but I'm pretty sure they used exactly the components required.

* User suggests that even at 1,5A it warms a lot. Not surprizing as the datasheet shows an efficiency always under 88%. The remaining is wasted as heat.

So for a regulator I would add the few extra bucks, especially as it's a critical component : if it stops working a lot of things can go wrong. Always do some bench testing, and use a regulator which can handle more than what you need, especially if it will be enclosed.
Oct 25, 2015, 02:15 AM
Quote:

So frustrated.....
can you post some pics of the wiring?
i had some problems as well in the beginning.
Oct 25, 2015, 03:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
Hi Johan,
So for a regulator I would add the few extra bucks, especially as it's a critical component : if it stops working a lot of things can go wrong. Always do some bench testing, and use a regulator which can handle more than what you need, especially if it will be enclosed.
Flip flap,

Agree, have used this one with good results but looking for something small and reliable. I don't care about the cost. I would like the regulator to sit inside the orange box. How will a 6v 7806 linear regulator perform? I can add cooling. I do not want to use a big sbec as it is not easy to mount on a radio
Oct 25, 2015, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan9
Flip flap,

How will a 6v 7806 linear regulator perform? I can add cooling. I do not want to use a big sbec as it is not easy to mount on a radio
as long as you feed it atleast 8 volt and keep an eye on the temp it should be fine.
dont forget to put capacitors on the in and output to the ground.
Oct 25, 2015, 03:26 AM
Thread OP
I'd go with one of the two switching regulators proposed here.

If you really want to use a 7806 it should work also, but it's difficult to evaluate if it will heat too much or not, do a bench test first.

If powered from 16V, it will have to dissipate (16-6) * 500 mA or 5W which will likely require a heatsink. And it's wasted power.

A switching regulator with 90% efficiency would only dissipate (6V*500mA) * 10% = 0.3W
Oct 25, 2015, 05:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemond
I am not sure if anyone noticed, but the last version was exported in the wrong unit's, so the size was way off. I corrected that in this one, and I added a place to put a BT module.

The BT mount's on top of the antenna support, and slides in like a drawer. It should be nice and snug without any kind of adhesive, but a piece of double sided sticky tape would suffice if it isn't snug enough for your liking. I also left room so that you can get access to the BT connection's, and there is room under it in case the solder isn't completely flush.
OK thanks ! I've added it to the user provided content page.
Oct 25, 2015, 05:58 AM
Beta 2.2 now all is working, parameter save ok. I have managed to access to TX module from beta control center by bluetooth!
Last edited by Wasja; Oct 25, 2015 at 08:33 AM.
Oct 25, 2015, 07:40 AM
Hi, this is my DIY Moxon of cardboard. SWR is good. And my DIY dipole that is very good. The tx bluetooth for phone (can be disabled to switch tx).

Quick Reply