Jul 11, 2015, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuguesD View Post
JakeStew, your months long frustration and destructive comments towards Flipflap on this thread are getting old.
I made a simple point that Flipflap himself has acknowledged in the past. I'm not trying to discourage anyone or derail this thread.

Your soreness over you and your "protagonist" being caught stealing and called out over the theft is unbecoming and unproductive. That issue is done and over with and you'd think that if you had an ounce of sense the guilty parties would be the last people that would be bringing this up again.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 11, 2015, 10:39 PM
Wisconsin
Since it has been re-written from scratch you can now rest easy Jake. Your quest is over. You can travel to other threads searching for wrong deeds and doing good for all mankind.
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
Jul 12, 2015, 12:47 AM
Thread OP
Guys, please report jakestew's posts, there's no other way to get rid of a troll.
Jul 12, 2015, 07:20 AM
??? One comment after a hundred or so posts? Really? That's trolling?

[Excessively meanly phrased statement of the facts removed.]

EDIT: ALL OF THIS IS A POINT OF FACT and is in no way a personal attack on Benoit Joassart. I am not attacking his intelligence, character, or appearance. As far as I am aware he is a smart, decent, good looking guy. If you feel that theft and software piracy makes someone a bad person that is YOUR judgement and I am in no way asserting that.

EDIT2: It was late at night and I was piss drunk when I wrote that post. While everything was true, and it was NOT a personal attack, it is not the way I would have phrased it had I been more sober.
Last edited by jakestew; Jul 12, 2015 at 07:41 PM.
Jul 12, 2015, 07:53 AM
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestew View Post
??? One comment after a hundred or so posts? Really? That's trolling?

Remember that you stole the code and were busted for that. After you were caught for being a thief and publically called out you finally relented and published the stripped down version of OLRS that you called ULRS.

Just as a point of fact, you are a GLP thief that somewhat *seemed* to try and redeem himself and promised not to reoffended. Now you want to be treated like a hero and bitch at the slightest mention of the actual facts of the case.

You can report my posts all you want, or ask others to report them. You forget that you can actually be sued and arrested for what YOU have done. It's a matter of public record.

I was ready to forgive and forget on the basis of your half-assed semi-reform. Now you want to solicit money for your stolen code and have the gall to threaten me over the most politely possible phrasing that points out that what you offer is a stripped down version of other people's work?

Good luck to you sir. But please don't forget the facts. I will be more than happy to restate them whenever you misrepresent them in your posts.
and you can bore people to death.
Latest blog entry: UC4H: Gimbal flight test
Jul 12, 2015, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_kelly View Post
and you can bore people to death.
I am in bear country right now. Wyoming. Great flying Flip Flap if you come stateside, but sadly I did not bring anything to fly. I am however, struck by how similar bears and trolls are. You must take care to leave no loose factual references that a troll can sniff out and respond to. Trolls can strike when you least expect it without warning.

Now if only I could repurpose my unused bear spray in these forums to scare away the troll. And this is a pesky, troublesome troll.
Jul 12, 2015, 03:40 PM
Thread OP
OK, just a few precisions for people who didn't follow the whole story and jump in the thread :

1. Ultimate LRS is open source and release under GPL. The sources are publicly available via a link on this page.

2. It contains some code from openlrs (not openlrsng), as authorized by GPL, and the files contains all mentions and copyrights required by GPL.

3. The project is named Ultimate LRS, and it's of course authorized by GPL to name the project by any name.

So all of this is not only perfectly legal, but it's the only system that allows a reliable 40 km RC and data link. It's also the cheapest LRS systems, because I provde all the code and the work for free.

So I will continue to invite people to report all insulting posts from the troll. Nothing personnal here, but somehow it has to stop.
Jul 12, 2015, 07:26 PM
Just call me Justin.
Any news on release date?
How about beta testers? I'm down.... I have both futaba and Jr style. 5 in total. And a apm board
Jul 12, 2015, 07:35 PM
To be clear... Benoit Joassart, AKA Flipflap, took the old OpenLRS code, stripped it down, and released a binary.
When asked by several users for the source code he refused to release it, which is a violation of the GPL license.
This is software piracy, AKA intellectual property theft.

Eventually, after much public pressure and wasted hot air, Benoit Joassart released the OpenLRS source code he had modified and distributed. AFAIK he IS now compliant with the letter, if not the spirit, of the GPL license of the code he distributes.

I assumed this whole issue was done and gone. Please don't drag out this OLD dirty laundry all over again.

If you want to try and profit off of other's work, that's fine. Just don't throw a hissy fit when it's pointed out that you are trying to profit off of slight modifications and redistributions of others work. When you start making personal attacks against me for politely pointing this out, I feel the need to defend my statements which inevitably leads to a rehashing of the whole issue of the original theft of the code.
Jul 12, 2015, 11:54 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakestew View Post
AFAIK he IS now compliant with the letter, if not the spirit, of the GPL license of the code he distributes.
It's indeed perfectly compliant to the GPL.
Jul 12, 2015, 11:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt41time View Post
Any news on release date?
How about beta testers? I'm down.... I have both futaba and Jr style. 5 in total. And a apm board
I'm doing my best to complete the release, I would say in 1 or 2 weeks it's ready.
Jul 15, 2015, 06:52 AM
flipflap,
I think it is possible to port your code to this 0.5W system http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Long-...373577652.html
Then you can write @40 km APM Telemetry & RC link for [email protected] )))
We all are waiting for your new release of URLS
Jul 15, 2015, 11:18 AM
Thread OP
Good finding, especially as it provides USB connectivity for the PC.

The RF modules are also from HopeRF, I'll check if it's possible / easy to adapt the code.

And for the next release it's a question of days for the beta. The features for this release are completed at 95%. I'm also adding one more : the ability to display the characteristics of each hopping channel in live (signal strength, noise strength, signal to noise ratio etc), which allows to choose good channels, or detect interferences.

In this release it's possible to choose the hopping channels, but this requires to connect once to the TX and once to the RX.

Of course in the following release it will be possible to connect only to the TX (or to the RX) and forward the parameters to the RX (or TX).

But I think you're impatient to use it, so the beta will contain all and only the necessary. The comfy features will come next

One noticeable thing is that the firmware is the same for TX and for RX : the type is determined by a parameter which can be changed in the configuration tool. In the following release, it could detect automatically if it has to act as a TX or a RX, by looking if there's a signal on the PPM pin.

I know it has taken a long time until now, but it's a complete rewrite, and a complete new configuration tool. Afterwards the releases will come at a good pace.
Jul 16, 2015, 01:12 AM
Thread OP
Some screenshot of the beta under development :

http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/ulti...-next-release/
Jul 16, 2015, 02:13 AM
I have followed this jakestew drama from the beginning. He's got no skin in the game and wants to be involved in any way possible. The code is in compliance, and if i remember correctly fliflap never refused, only delayed. Which isn't illegal. I wouldn't drop everything i was doing to send some d-bag my code to dig for ammunition either, can wait until i have the time. Jakestew is the only person who continues to chime in anytime someone gives praise with negativity. And then after an immature lunch room bullying, explains that it's all ok because he was drunk! Stop drinking and get a life. If you don't plan to contribute anything positive to my community then you should leave. Even if it was a GPL violation, it's not your GPL and you benefit in no way but to belittle someone for your own satisfaction. If you don't have anything nice to say, then shut up.

P. S. I better re read my post and make sure i didnt leave any crumbs like incorrect grammar, or erroneous quotes, it can be deadly to feed a troll after midnight, especially a drunk one.

Quick Reply