Jun 22, 2021, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChilloutNobody
Hi people ,
What do you think about a notch filter for 433mhz? Maybe on plane and on Transmitter?
Like this one

[14,31€ 19% OFF]433 MHz 40DB Band Pass Filter BPF Passive Filter Module with SMA-K Output/Input Interface Module Board from Electronic Components & Supplies on banggood
https://banggood.app.link/UlYRtwgvihb

Greetings ChilloutNobody
Note it has a maximum power handling of 20mW, and almost 3dB of insertion loss (will be higher after all the connectors and adaptors needed) so two would cut your effective range in half.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2021, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nery
ok I'm going to search Matek f405 WSE , thank you for the info.

thanks
My pleasure,
one of the best things about the Matek FC's is that there are so many help vids available. Check out "painless360", "Andrew Newton", "Paweł Spychalski"(iNav developer) and "Mr.D - Falling with style" on YouTube and the Matek website has great support including how to wire your hardware and configure the firmware.

This level of support had me up and auto-launching much sooner than I anticipated.
Jun 23, 2021, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicecooper
Note it has a maximum power handling of 20mW, and almost 3dB of insertion loss (will be higher after all the connectors and adaptors needed) so two would cut your effective range in half.
Ok I see what you are meaning. This was just an example and I was curious if it will be good for the connection after all.
I know that there was a discussion over Filters on diy boards before, I just donīt know anymore if it was openlrs or Ulrs ect.
It was and SMD part before the antenna connector. It should bring a lot more quality for the connection.
After I looked through the diy boards on the ulrs website I was surprised that there is no board with a filter on it. I can remember that this parts were also rare and a little bit pricey. Maybe that is the reason for no filter.

But maybe an adapter is a good addition.
I have a Wolfboy bundle in my plane and TX. So RX 100mW and TX.... mhhh.. i guess it was the 500mW.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/373417449770...UAAOSwxVFf8z0u

greetings ChilloputNobody
Jun 23, 2021, 01:03 AM
Quote:
Ok I see what you are meaning. This was just an example and I was curious if it will be good for the connection after all.
I know that there was a discussion over Filters on diy boards before, I just donīt know anymore if it was openlrs or Ulrs ect.
It was and SMD part before the antenna connector. It should bring a lot more quality for the connection.
After I looked through the diy boards on the ulrs website I was surprised that there is no board with a filter on it. I can remember that this parts were also rare and a little bit pricey. Maybe that is the reason for no filter.

But maybe an adapter is a good addition.
I have a Wolfboy bundle in my plane and TX. So RX 100mW and TX.... mhhh.. i guess it was the 500mW.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/373417449770...UAAOSwxVFf8z0u

greetings ChilloputNobody
The now discontinued dolphin mini had a low pass filter on its' output. I've already suggested this to Flip Flap to take into consideration when designing the new V3 board.
Jun 23, 2021, 06:07 AM
Thread OP
The goal is to keep the system simple, nobody ever complained about video interferences, so I don't see the point to add a filter.

But if you want to add a filter, it's also possible to find filters with two SMA connectors, so you can compare with and without.

I'd also recommend not to add a filter on the ULRS, because it will attenuate the signal (insertion losses), but rather to add a high pass filter on the video receiver, if really needed.

I know there are other LRS systems which had video interferences issues, for example dragon link, and they had first to make a specific firmware to limit the interferences, and then they made a hardware filter. If you want to try a filter, this is a good option, as it's a generic high pass filter that can be inserted between the video receiver and its antenna : http://www.fpvpro.com/video-filter-12-ghz

I know that you recommended to add a filter in the V3 design, but for the moment I'm not aware of anyone having video interferences. And it's not a cheap component, it's about $20 (at Mouser).
Jun 23, 2021, 11:03 PM
Hey Flip Flap,
no worries, didn't want my suggestion to come across as a nag, really just a suggestion for consideration.
Seems like you considered it .
I run 2.4GHz video and am a bit of an outlier and did have some video interference that I just couldn't track. Ruled out ULRS though.
In the end, I patched around my prob, but it did seem to be generated by my FC.

I'm sure that after the launch of V3 there'll be plenty of new V3 mini boards with all sorts of refinements.
Again, not to nag, but I'm hoping that eventually, I'll be able to transition to 915MHz just because my antennas are a bit large for my smaller models. Hoping it wouldn't be a massive coding task to offer 915.

Keep up the good work, it's greatly appreciated.
Jun 24, 2021, 02:20 PM
Thread OP
Thanks, no problem
Jun 25, 2021, 12:12 AM
Hey guys,

just a little question.
I have the HK Pilot 2.7 . It is a APM Board but without the pin row below.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/a3jc35uKC2s/maxresdefault.jpg

Do you know where I can find the SERIAL1=UART0 on another place? I would like to connect the serial connection from my RX to it.

greetings ChilloutNobody

edit:
I have a external GPS+Compass installed and a Mavlink OSD
So this ports are already used.
Jun 25, 2021, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Hey guys,

just a little question.
I have the HK Pilot 2.7 . It is a APM Board but without the pin row below.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/a3jc35uKC2s/maxresdefault.jpg

Do you know where I can find the SERIAL1=UART0 on another place? I would like to connect the serial connection from my RX to it.

greetings ChilloutNobody

edit:
I have a external GPS+Compass installed and a Mavlink OSD
So this ports are already used.
Not really answering your question but....
Speaking as a non-APM expert:
I'm kind of presuming that you're using a fixed-wing aircraft and therefore advise that you don't need a compass. I can't quite recall where it is, but there was the ability to change your settings in Ardupilot to target a different port.

You haven't advised which firmware you're planning on running (iNav or Ardupilot). Since I recommended that you take a look at Matek F405 WSE I should also mention that it has some limitations when running Ardupilot due to it only having 1MB of flash ram.
As time moves on, firmware grows in memory requirement so it's only a matter of time until the latest version of Ardupilot simply won't run on your FC's with only 1MB.

Having said that, iNav has a smaller requirement and they plan to support the F4 chip for a lot longer as it is quite popular, especially with the world chip shortage. Whichever firmware you're running, you may find it difficult to get something for an APM and even if you do, it won't have the same capabilities as the latest version.

I now run iNav and still plan to purchase a Matek F405WSE in my next airframe. If you want more longevity, consider getting a Matek H743-WING which is a bit of overkill for most fixed-wing applicaitons and is a bit more expensive. There are other FC's around but Matek is leading the market for fixed-wing IMHO.
Jun 25, 2021, 04:15 AM
thank you FixedWingAU for your answere.

I am Using a APM in a Zeta Phantom FX-61. This build is already over 5 years old. so that is why there is a APM in it. I need the ability of a lot pwm outputs for some auxiliary devices.
When I started this build there was no INAV around.
Maybe some APM experts have a answer to that.

When there is no possibility I will considering to change the FC.
Well I was surprised that other Firmwares can handle ulrs. I guess the PPM input for an FC is getting a rare feature. So I have to look very precise at the FCs. I know that I had problems with URLS and OpenPilot, because of the Failsafe output. So I gave up for that stuff with ulrs. But I want to build a plane and a "bigger" copter with ulrs. So.. what is better at the moment... INAV or Ardupilot.. I guess they all support ULRS with mavlink, ppm, failsafe, ect.

greetings
ChilloutNobody
Jun 25, 2021, 06:38 PM
I think the vast majority of ULRs users are running Ardupilot but I run iNav. Both work fine with ULRS and ppm. I only went for iNav because of the level of support I found for autolaunch. Lots of how-to videos etc. It also has a killer GUI. I think that the APM had about 256K of flash so you'll need to use a very old version of firmware, but that's probably already loaded. I think iNav is easier for a beginner and has all the features that most would want, but Ardupilot has more features.

If you need PWM's, The Matek F405WSE has 10 and the MatekH743 has13.
Jul 01, 2021, 05:44 AM
Hi after a successfull install of Ultimate LRS CC two days ago , and a successful flashing of two new OrangeRx 1W modules, for some reason now (june30/july1st), I can no longer start Control Center.

I am running Windows 10 Home , with Bluetooth being disabled.

Has anyone noticed problems in the recent days ?

I have seen that there has been Java updates between the 'successful tuesday' and yesterday night (wednesday). Could it be the cause of my problems ?

I also tried various compatibility settings today, and allowing everything to be run in admin mode, but I do not think it was so complicated on tuesday.

Next I ran the installer (msi) again , a few times for remove/reinstall, no luck, then I ran it for repair, no luck...

Then I noticed that when I do 'remove' , there remains a folder with a .exe file in the user area/folder .
So I manually removed this and launched another fresh install. The installer noticed there was nothing in the user folder, so it downloaded the required stuff from itluxembourg.lu...
After these startup/popup message boxes, I never got the full user interface as I did on tuesday.

If I relaunch the launch icon, no download is triggerred, but the progress bar does not move and the popup disappears, and is not followed by any window (the last thing I see is shown in the attachment: July_1st_crash_after_this_screen.jpg) .

The thing is, the launch icons and the exe files seem to be configured correctly for admin mode ( automatically by the installer ).
So I do not see what I am missing here...
Jul 01, 2021, 08:08 AM
RC fanatic
I recall having to put exclusions into Windows defender,as it would delete the exe. Other AV products possibly the same.
Jul 01, 2021, 04:28 PM
Thread OP
It's possible that July 1st was the limit for this version, I'll extend it tomorrow.
Jul 02, 2021, 03:05 AM
Rana
Hi Ben, how is the testing going on of the 3.0 ?, I mean when it is expected to be pushed for testing publically ?

Quick Reply