Nov 12, 2019, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanesanAndrew
Hi Bersan, (Note: I am operating @500mw)

Reason for using Dipole antenna,(I do have a 6 element yagi antenna and Moxon, but don't have an Antenna tracker )

1) Easy to make and Tune
2)The radiation pattern of the half-wave dipole is maximum perpendicular to the conductor, falling to zero in the axial direction, thus implementing an omnidirectional antenna if installed vertically, or (more commonly) a weakly directional antenna if horizontal (From Wikipedia)

In my knowledge Patch, Antenn has more gain, but Moxon antenna is easy to build,

What's the range you are looking to fly?
Hi Andrew,

I didn't thought about your target. If you're not trying to push the limits than dipole is best choice it's omnidirectional and too easy to make. Or maybe you are thinking, don't know. Did you thought making an antenna tracker?

I don't have a range target for now. Cause I don't have enough equipment for more than 10km. I'm a bit scared of the range thing. Cause I lost my quad before, searched it for 30mins found its okay but I understood I hit the limit. I am making a plane and it's finished yesterday., I don't want to lose it and try to push it until battery discharged. That's the thing for me. And seems like dipole is fine for me now.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2019, 09:25 AM
Build more, websurf less
Quote:
Originally Posted by bersan1
Dear,

You opened the firewall. You must open Windows Defender "Security center"
Thanks bersan1, that worked. Paul
Nov 12, 2019, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Hi Andrew,

Did you thought making an antenna tracker?
Yup and in Process...

Quote:
I don't have a range target for now. Cause I don't have enough equipment for more than 10km. I'm a bit scared of the range thing. Cause I lost my quad before, searched it for 30mins found its okay but I understood I hit the limit. I am making a plane and it's finished yesterday., I don't want to lose it and try to push it until battery discharged. That's the thing for me. And seems like dipole is fine for me now.
If you are using something like pixhawk, you can cause failsafe and make it return to launch, in that way you will not lose a drone,

Moreover ULRS has got an amazing range, you ll know the GPS location.
Nov 12, 2019, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Yup and in Process...

If you are using something like pixhawk, you can cause failsafe and make it return to launch, in that way you will not lose a drone,
It had a APM with working RTL.
I lost the video signal than I triggered RTL switch but still it isn't there. So I turned to my pc and checked quad's position I saw the quad's position on MP than I lost the telemetry signal too. Than I picked up my pc and transmitter for rescue it. After searching it found it via module's indicator after with "beacon" sound is coming from motors. So I learned never trust to RTL function just telemetry's.
Nov 12, 2019, 12:59 PM
Multirotors are models too!
Quote:
It had a APM with working RTL.
I lost the video signal than I triggered RTL switch but still it isn't there. So I turned to my pc and checked quad's position I saw the quad's position on MP than I lost the telemetry signal too. Than I picked up my pc and transmitter for rescue it. After searching it found it via module's indicator after with "beacon" sound is coming from motors. So I learned never trust to RTL function just telemetry's.
Why didn't RTL work? I would never take a quad, or any aircraft, long range without 99% confidence in RTL.
Latest blog entry: Test entry
Nov 12, 2019, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty105
Why didn't RTL work? I would never take a quad, or any aircraft, long range without 99% confidence in RTL.
I tried and used RTL at least 10 times before. But at that time it didn't worked. I posted tlog to forum but no one find an answer cause in log there's everything seems normal and as I landed the drone.
Nov 12, 2019, 02:50 PM
Quote:
I tried and used RTL at least 10 times before. But at that time it didn't worked. I posted tlog to forum but no one find an answer cause in log there's everything seems normal and as I landed the drone.

Can you give me the log
Nov 12, 2019, 03:23 PM
Thread OP
Do you have an internal or external compass ?
Nov 12, 2019, 03:25 PM
Build more, websurf less
Quote:
Bersan1,

Have you updated the fuse bytes in the Arduino to gracefully shut down at 2.7 volts? ULRS instructions here:

http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/hobb...fuse-settings/

You may have encountered an Arduino brown-out caused by your airborne power dipping below some critical value. The result can be a corrupted program that could cause your receiver to no longer transmit or receive valid data.
Nov 12, 2019, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
Mkay, the RFM was soldered on the wrong pins, now it's better. Prototype cut to almost final size, will need some additional room for LEDs, buzzer and button.

10 grams !
This is just AWESOME. Already selling all of my orangerx modules to buy some arduinos!

Seems to be much simpler, cleaner, efficient and enjoyable!
Nov 12, 2019, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Hi Pierrot, welcome to ULRS !

These two modules can work with ULRS, but the small one is a 100mW version. Ideally try to use two 1W modules, else the 100mW will be the limiting factor.

In ULRS CC, choose OrangeRX for both, the firmware will automatically detect and adapt to the pinout of the 1W and the 100mW modules.

You'll find a lot of useful information on http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/ultimate-lrs/
I too have a 100mW rx like this one that I never tried to run ULRS... Is there a page on specifics about this module? (I could not find it)

Does it output pwm signals on the pins? Or is it only ppm? (if so, in which pin?)
Nov 12, 2019, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Can you give me the log
I will check it if it's still available I will send it to you.

Quote:
Do you have an internal or external compass ?
I have an external compass, seems like still working.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW
Bersan1,

Have you updated the fuse bytes in the Arduino to gracefully shut down at 2.7 volts? ULRS instructions here:

http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/hobb...fuse-settings/

You may have encountered an Arduino brown-out caused by your airborne power dipping below some critical value. The result can be a corrupted program that could cause your receiver to no longer transmit or receive valid data.
I used standard module with 9x. So it's ready to run module without ULRS. After that I started to search for better system or module. I found Frsky's DHT module I'm going to buy it but than I saw flipflap's thread and everything is changed So I didn't used any lrs at that moment.
Nov 12, 2019, 05:06 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasciodc
This is just AWESOME. Already selling all of my orangerx modules to buy some arduinos!

Seems to be much simpler, cleaner, efficient and enjoyable!
Even from the programming side it was quite complex before to make it run on a 8 bits microcontroller, now with the 32 bits micro it's like getting out of a bathtub to dive into the ocean.
Nov 12, 2019, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Even from the programming side it was quite complex before to make it run on a 8 bits microcontroller, now with the 32 bits micro it's like getting out of a bathtub to dive into the ocean.
Well, it may be out of the comfort zone but I guess the ocean offers more space and more freedom... no?
Nov 12, 2019, 05:28 PM
Thread OP
Yeah, but the 8 bit wasn't the definition of comfort, try to do an LRS system with 2kb of RAM and you'll see what I mean...

Well I noticed something today, the pads to connect a debugger are on the back side of the PCB of the arduino 33 iot. Not accessible anymore once it's soldered...

So I made another prototype just for the development and debugging, based on an arduino m0 pro and an RFM23bp. This board has the same microcontroller.

Quick Reply