Oct 19, 2019, 04:49 PM
first of all, specially thanks from Ben for great support of ULRS project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashingDutchman
I am impressed, seems a real craftsman at work!
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW
Yes, beautiful work on the propellers. How did you make them? Hand-carved? CNC-milled?
this propellers my first attempt that is Hand-carved and then tune ,balance , vibration and thrust test vs tiger fiber carbon 30" on bench in future I would like use copying machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by narpat007
Wow ! hats off to you for an awesome piece of work. I suggest you have alook on OpenHD which gives you long range with HD video, Bi-directional Telemetry and RC Control and think of implimenting in your design. Offcourse, you can keep ULRS for redundency as well.
I seen the EZ-wifibroadcast project , the short range and Unreliability of 2.4 Ghz link vs excellent solid link of ULRS are the reasons I don't use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helixerox
babak_ea, very well done, congratulations keep showing the details! Thanks.
I would like but Its not related to this Thread .

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
Wow ! That's impressive, looking forward for the first flight video !
sure, the first version of my sprayer drone flight successfully last year .
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2019, 09:42 PM
Rana
@babak_ea, you are mistaken about EZWBC range, people have gone more than 40km
Oct 20, 2019, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by narpat007
@babak_ea, you are mistaken about EZWBC range, people have gone more than 40km
Please send me more link about long range of Ezwbc.
Oct 20, 2019, 04:25 AM
Thread OP
Please have the discussion about EZWBC in the dedicated thread :

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...n-made-easy%21

The first post includes the specifications and range.
Oct 21, 2019, 01:34 PM
Today finally I flashed firmware over ULRS CC successfully. However nothing is working; spectrum analyser, status section. What I did wrong?
Oct 21, 2019, 02:05 PM
Thread OP
Which board is it ?
Oct 21, 2019, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Which board is it ?
Based on ULRS Mini
Oct 21, 2019, 03:34 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bersan1
Here is my pcb (Look at attachments)
Yes, it's a custom board that you did.

I can't tell you what's wrong with your custom board, but would suggest to start with a well tested board such as a spongeboard, or an OrangeRX module.

I'd prefer to tell you there's a problem with the firmware, but it's unchanged since two years, and nobody ever complained about a spectrum analyzer or status screen issue.
Oct 21, 2019, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Yes, it's a custom board that you did.

I can't tell you what's wrong with your custom board, but would suggest to start with a well tested board such as a spongeboard, or an OrangeRX module.

I'd prefer to tell you there's a problem with the firmware, but it's unchanged since two years, and nobody ever complained about a spectrum analyzer or status screen issue.
I double checked connections both on schematic and pcb. Everything should be fine. I will use a prototype board for testing. May rf module is corrupted.
Oct 22, 2019, 01:02 AM
Thread OP
If the wiring is correct, it can be either the RF module, or an interference (the RF signal going back into wires like the SDI/SDO wires).

But if the module is configured as RX and the spectrum analyzer doesn't work, then it's the RF module. Because in this case it will never transmit so we can rule out the interference.
Oct 22, 2019, 01:32 AM
Quote:
If the wiring is correct, it can be either the RF module, or an interference (the RF signal going back into wires like the SDI/SDO wires).

But if the module is configured as RX and the spectrum analyzer doesn't work, then it's the RF module. Because in this case it will never transmit so we can rule out the interference.
I am using module as RX . So I will try with another RF module. If it's working then I will open dispute for other one. If isn't I will replace mcu.
Last edited by bersan1; Oct 24, 2019 at 12:15 AM.
Oct 22, 2019, 01:37 AM
Rana
Quote:
Originally Posted by babak_ea
Please send me more link about long range of Ezwbc.
Minitalon Chutove 37km (3 min 6 sec)

EZ-wifibroadcast 60KM FPV (MAPLE WIRELESS) (3 min 37 sec)
Last edited by narpat007; Oct 22, 2019 at 09:58 AM.
Oct 24, 2019, 07:57 AM
Hello @flipflap,

We improve our setup since last time and did a lot of test with it in differents configurations. The best distance we did so far was 3.3km, and our goal is 10km.

Everything works well up to -60/-70 dbm (30-40% RSSI) where the packet drop almost instantly from 100% to 0-5%.
It's very annoying and we didn't understand why it happened.
If I understand well we should have 0% packet loss until -90/-100dbm, isn't it ?

We have a standard setup with DIY ULRS (bee board) powered by a 5V UBEC.
We try a ground plane antenna and a 10 elements Yagi for the ground station and an omni 1/4 wave antenna in the plane.
We kept the mavlink telemetry to 9600 bauds as advised.

Did you have an idea about the cause of this sudden packet drop ?

We also noticed an issue with ULRS control center who completely freeze if the ULRS is connected through Bluetooth. We use an HC-05 Bluetooth module on the ground. This module is connected on the ULRS serial port and transmit all the packet through a Bluetooth COM Port.
It work very well when we connect it to a Tablet with QGroundControl or to a PC with MissionPlanner, but not with ULRS Control Center.
Oct 24, 2019, 10:33 AM
Thread OP
9600 bauds isn't supported ?

With a 4 elements yagi, users get 40 km. And this with the nominal power of 400 mW. So with a 10 elements yagi and 1w you should get farther.

Note the rssi at small distance like 100 m and extrapolate with the ulrs range calculator. Then exchange the tx and RX and do the same.

If one of the modules is defective and has less power you will see a large difference.
Oct 26, 2019, 08:50 AM
Thanks a lot for the tips.

Infact I was misleading, the onboard telemetry is in 19200 baud .

We did some test in lab with attenuator and after several try with different configuration and board we notice that the ULRS on board of the plane has a problem.
By replacing it with a new one we achieve to get to -80/85 dBm without major packet loss.
We did a test in flight then and go up to 3km without the issue we observed last time. The link was perfectly fine around -55/60 dBm without packet loss.
We didn't push further due to too strong wind but it's our goal when the weather will be less windy.

Thanks again for your support

Now we have to investigate the broken card to understand what cause this issue.

Quick Reply