Oct 15, 2019, 11:16 AM
hello flipflap
is it possible change baud rate to 115200 in ground station side?
I build autonomous quadcopter with dornekit that work perfect in SITL and QGC or Missionplanner,
but in real test found problem!
with ulrs connection, mavproxy , missionplanner,qgrouncontrol connect without any problem in 57600
but dronekit can not connect to pixhawk in 57600!( set the baud rate of connection to 57600)
also APM conncet to dronekit in 57600 without problem in the same condition!!

is possible that increase baud rate to 115200 (default setting of dronekit)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2019, 12:18 PM
Thread OP
I'm not sure to understand your setup, can you post a drawing ?

With ULRS, Pixhawk runs at 19200 bauds, and the GCS runs at 57600 bauds.

It's not impossible to make it run at 115200 bauds, and that was the case a few years ago, but the atmega isn't able to produce exactly that baudrate. There's a small error on the baudrate, don't remember exactly maybe 3% or so, but it gave issues with some FTDI adapters. At 57600 bauds the error is much lower.

You can try with the ULRS 1.X, if I remember correctly it runs at 115200 bauds.

But in both cases, the Pixhawk must run at 19200 bauds.
Oct 15, 2019, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
I'm not sure to understand your setup, can you post a drawing ?

With ULRS, Pixhawk runs at 19200 bauds, and the GCS runs at 57600 bauds.

It's not impossible to make it run at 115200 bauds, and that was the case a few years ago, but the atmega isn't able to produce exactly that baudrate. There's a small error on the baudrate, don't remember exactly maybe 3% or so, but it gave issues with some FTDI adapters. At 57600 bauds the error is much lower.

You can try with the ULRS 1.X, if I remember correctly it runs at 115200 bauds.

But in both cases, the Pixhawk must run at 19200 bauds.
our problem explain in this picture:

in first row :
connect pixhawk to raspberri py , linux or windows pc that run Dronekit
in the second row : (problem)
when use ulrs2 it successfully connect to missionplanner,mavproxy,qgrouncontrol but not connect to dronekit ! (bad characters is appear)
maybe related to noise or other reason
also we connect the serial output of ulrs to serial port of Raspberry pi directly to ensure for FTDI bad effect but not connected
in the Third row:
in the same Conditions, replace Pixhawk with Apm then APM connect to groundstation and Dronekit successfully
Last edited by babak_ea; Oct 15, 2019 at 04:36 PM.
Oct 15, 2019, 02:42 PM
deleted.
Oct 15, 2019, 11:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by babak_ea
our problem explain in this picture:

in first row :
connect pixhawk to raspberri py , linux or windows pc that run Dronekit
in the second row : (problem)
when use ulrs2 it successfully connect to missionplanner,mavproxy,qgrouncontrol but not connect to dronekit ! (bad characters is appear)
maybe related to noise or other reason
also we connect the serial output of ulrs to serial port of Raspberry pi directly to ensure for FTDI bad effect but not connected
in the Third row:
in the same Conditions, replace Pixhawk with Apm then APM connect to groundstation and Dronekit successfully
So if it works with APM but not with Pixhawk it's not a question of baudrate, there must be something else different in their configurations.

The two flight controllers have some differences, if I remember well Pixhawk has more parameters and features. For example it has terrain following, for which it will transmit additional data such as the height maps.

And as it happens only when dronekit is in use, check if dronekit does something that could create additional data transfer. In doubt, you can also reduce the telemetry rates and see if it helps.

I'd suggest to display the data rate (you know, with the small popup window in mission planner) and check what's the data rate during connection.
Oct 16, 2019, 06:11 AM
Quote:
So if it works with APM but not with Pixhawk it's not a question of baudrate, there must be something else different in their configurations.

The two flight controllers have some differences, if I remember well Pixhawk has more parameters and features. For example it has terrain following, for which it will transmit additional data such as the height maps.

And as it happens only when dronekit is in use, check if dronekit does something that could create additional data transfer. In doubt, you can also reduce the telemetry rates and see if it helps.

I'd suggest to display the data rate (you know, with the small popup window in mission planner) and check what's the data rate during connection.
Thanks a lot Dear Ben
solve the problem!
reduce the stream rate of Dronekit from 4 to 1 in it source code then connected successfully.
Oct 16, 2019, 07:30 AM
Thread OP
Excellent !

Keep is updated about your project !
Oct 16, 2019, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Excellent !

Keep is updated about your project !
I used RSP and python dronekit for autonomous control quadcopter for my agriculture sprayer drone
and i Build computer radio that used as portable ground station
now it is in final bench test .
Oct 16, 2019, 04:01 PM
Thread OP
Sounds very interesting... Would you share some pictures ?
Oct 17, 2019, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Sounds very interesting... Would you share some pictures ?
of course:
this project consist of :
design and diy carbon fiber quadcopter frame and it's 10 L tank
diy computer radio based on ULRS that has developed motherboard for install all of radio system such as ppm generator,power,RSP,input,output .etc and dronekit API , autonomous flight program on Raspberri py that smart control the flight with only two button
design and diy fiberglass radio body case
diy 30 *10.5 proppller that compared with tiger blade
diy code for automatic spray system that control water flow per Area
in this project I use your excellent ULRS and use pixhawk for simple stabilize flying .
Last edited by babak_ea; Oct 19, 2019 at 05:01 PM.
Oct 17, 2019, 06:27 AM
I am impressed, seems a real craftsman at work!
Oct 17, 2019, 08:10 AM
Build more, websurf less
Yes, beautiful work on the propellers. How did you make them? Hand-carved? CNC-milled?
Oct 19, 2019, 01:08 AM
Rana
Quote:
Originally Posted by babak_ea
of course:
this project consist of :
design and diy carbon fiber quadcopter frame and it's 10 L tank
diy computer radio based on ULRS that has developed motherboard for install all of radio system such as ppm generator,power,RSP,input,output .etc and dronekit API , autonomous flight program on Raspberri py that smart control the flight with only two button
design and diy fiberglass radio body case
diy 30 *10.5 proppller based on tiger blade
diy code for automatic spray system that control water flow per Area
in this project I use your excellent ULRS and use pixhawk for simple stabilize flying .
Wow ! hats off to you for an awesome piece of work. I suggest you have alook on OpenHD which gives you long range with HD video, Bi-directional Telemetry and RC Control and think of implimenting in your design. Offcourse, you can keep ULRS for redundency as well.
Oct 19, 2019, 01:05 PM
babak_ea, very well done, congratulations keep showing the details! Thanks.
Oct 19, 2019, 03:17 PM
Thread OP
Wow ! That's impressive, looking forward for the first flight video !

Quick Reply