Sep 07, 2019, 06:41 AM
flipflap
can you post some photo about new version ? Raspery and rfm23 ? will release in 2020 ?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2019, 05:52 PM
Thread OP
I'll post some photos tomorrow, I tried different LCD touch screens size to find one that's readable and can be attached to the RC controller. The one I'm using is provided with a case, and everything to attach the raspi to it on the back.

Now the ULRS 3.X core code works but I'd like to use the LCD screen to show some telemetry data, and be able to change channels and configuration. For this I'm learning QT.

On the air side, I'd like to try an idea, which is to use the USB cable between FC and raspi to send the telemetry and servos (via mavlink injection). That would simplify the wiring : no wires required for telemetry and PPM.
Sep 07, 2019, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
For this I'm learning QT.
Just stick to Qt Quick & QML, real simple. I did a car dashboard using it last year, should provide you everything you need without learning too much about the Qt Framework.
Sep 12, 2019, 03:55 PM
Hello @flipflap

After a 2 month break we continue our integration with the goal to do a weekend of flight in begining of October.

We still have some work to do to have a nice setup on the ground.
For now everything works well on table.

We have a little question, is it possible to have the ULRS Control Center works without an internet connection ?
We notice that without internet connection the version check fail and the tools didn't launch.

It's a little bit problematic if we are in a no 3g/4g area or when your site is down as tonight.
Sep 12, 2019, 10:35 PM
Thread OP
Hi, yes it's possible :

Actually there are two exe files : one is the launcher, which will check for a new version and download it. The other one is the ULRS CC itself, which can be run without internet connection.

Normally you just run the launcher, and it will run the ULRS CC after checking for new version, but there's no problem to run directly the ULRS CC exe file.
Sep 15, 2019, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
I'll post some photos tomorrow, I tried different LCD touch screens size to find one that's readable and can be attached to the RC controller. The one I'm using is provided with a case, and everything to attach the raspi to it on the back.

Now the ULRS 3.X core code works but I'd like to use the LCD screen to show some telemetry data, and be able to change channels and configuration. For this I'm learning QT.

On the air side, I'd like to try an idea, which is to use the USB cable between FC and raspi to send the telemetry and servos (via mavlink injection). That would simplify the wiring : no wires required for telemetry and PPM.
not yet photo , fliflap ???
Sep 18, 2019, 04:06 AM

Program channels in a row or separately?

Hi flip flap, I have to thank you for the contribution to the community of your system, I've been many months and many flights using ULRS 2 on Orange RX 1w bluetooh systems with modified 1w receivers in the way that I think is the simplest and Efficient possible and works very well, no problem at all this time.

The tx bluetooh simply made the 5v power modification for the RFM.

The modification of the RX is the one I already published here feeding the RFM at 5v and the rest of the receiver at 3.5v with 2 diodes 1N4148 in series, as for the assignment of RSI and PPM ports I have simply cut and reallocated the pins with Two simple bridges to avoid having to add resistors or capacitors (those already included in the receiver itself are used), attached photos of the final result.

Now I am preparing another 2 more systems for another 2 airplanes that will fly together, that is why I have to assign them different RF channels and this is where I have a doubt:

I have the current system running from channel 10 to 14 (433.500-434.100mhz) and I don't know if it is better to put the channels of your system in a row or separate:

- Is it better to assign channels on the same receiver followed as (0, 1, 2, 3, 4) - (5, 6, 7, 8, 9) - (10, 11, 12, 13, 14)?

- Is it better to assign channels on the same receiver with larger jumps such as (0, 5, 10, 15, 20) - (1, 6, 11, 16, 21) - (2, 7, 12, 17, 22)?

I would be grateful if you could resolve this question, in principle I think it may be better if there is more separation between channels in the same receiver so that they can better avoid interference on a specific frequency, but I am not 100% clear.

Best regards.
Last edited by RICKY24; Sep 18, 2019 at 06:44 AM.
Sep 18, 2019, 08:53 AM
Thread OP
Nice work !

For the channels the first option is preferred.

If there should be a slight interference between two separate systems it would be between contiguous channels like 0-1 or 1-2.

So for example use 0 to 4 on the first system and 6 to 10 on the second one.
Sep 20, 2019, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICKY24
Hi flip flap, I have to thank you for the contribution to the community of your system, I've been many months and many flights using ULRS 2 on Orange RX 1w bluetooh systems with modified 1w receivers in the way that I think is the simplest and Efficient possible and works very well, no problem at all this time.

The tx bluetooh simply made the 5v power modification for the RFM.

The modification of the RX is the one I already published here feeding the RFM at 5v and the rest of the receiver at 3.5v with 2 diodes 1N4148 in series, as for the assignment of RSI and PPM ports I have simply cut and reallocated the pins with Two simple bridges to avoid having to add resistors or capacitors (those already included in the receiver itself are used), attached photos of the final result.

Now I am preparing another 2 more systems for another 2 airplanes that will fly together, that is why I have to assign them different RF channels and this is where I have a doubt:

I have the current system running from channel 10 to 14 (433.500-434.100mhz) and I don't know if it is better to put the channels of your system in a row or separate:

- Is it better to assign channels on the same receiver followed as (0, 1, 2, 3, 4) - (5, 6, 7, 8, 9) - (10, 11, 12, 13, 14)?

- Is it better to assign channels on the same receiver with larger jumps such as (0, 5, 10, 15, 20) - (1, 6, 11, 16, 21) - (2, 7, 12, 17, 22)?

I would be grateful if you could resolve this question, in principle I think it may be better if there is more separation between channels in the same receiver so that they can better avoid interference on a specific frequency, but I am not 100% clear.

Best regards.
RICKY24, thanks for the pictures and your confirmation that everything works! Congratulations.
Sep 26, 2019, 11:53 PM
Micro Brushless crazy
Hi Flipflap,

I tried flashing the older 1.06 firmware on my hardware and the updater gives me a 404 Not found error. Internet is working fine and the updater says OK to it too. Has anything changed?

Thanks

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk
Sep 27, 2019, 12:04 AM
Thread OP
I'm doing changes on the website, maybe it had an unexpected impact. I'll check that this weekend.
Sep 28, 2019, 09:56 AM
Thread OP
OK this is solved.
Sep 29, 2019, 11:34 PM

No more Ports on HKPilot 2.7

Hi all,

Can someone help me please? I am finally at a Point where my plane is nearly finished with hardware modification.
After installing an ultimate lrs receiver I can use the ppm output but I can't use the data line tx/Rx.
The HKPilot 2.7 has no such connection ports like the APM mentioned in the documentation. All the other ports are already connected to something.

Is it possible to connect the data line of the ulrs to the data lines between FC and minimosd?
Where else can I attach the data lines?

Greetings
ChilloutNobody
Sep 30, 2019, 11:12 AM
Thread OP
Hi Chillout,

The HKpilot is like the APM : the RX and TX lines are available on the "telem" connector.

On some versions of the board it has 5 or 6 pins, but it's always available on all boards.

I assume it's a HKpilot (normal) which is an APM clone, if it's an HKPilot32, the pinout is similar to pixhawk and then have a look at this page : http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/usin...-with-pixhawk/
Oct 05, 2019, 05:13 PM
Hi Specktr,

I don't know neither which is the component I have indicated in the photo (D1). Could you please tell me it?

Quick Reply