Jun 10, 2019, 04:05 AM
Thread OP
A Teensy is relatively expensive in comparison for example to a raspberry zero.

Another issue is that it doesn't allow debugging out of the box and it's rather complex to add it : https://mcuoneclipse.com/2017/04/29/...swd-debugging/

I think that an ARM or Teensy board was a good choice until recently : we now have extremely cheap Linux boards.

This comes with advantages in terms of portability, implementing it over another Linux board is very easy.

It also speeds up development as it provides libraries for almost any device. Let's take a raspberry zero, it can receive a HDMI screen, an USB mouse and keyboard, or a touch screen, etc. It can connect to internet for software upgrades, and can even run a full GCS.

It's a bit difficult to visualize the differences in performances of a raspberry pi zero in comparison to other boards, but it has 512 MB RAM vs 2KB on the atmega328 and Teensy 3.2 has 64KB.

I won't go into a more detailed comparison, but it open up new possibilities, especially for the configuration aspects. As it has wifi connectivity, imagine just before take off, connecting to it via your smartphone without having to open the canopy, connect an FTDI or USB cable. And see in real time the channels, the spectrum analyzer and configure it as you want.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 10, 2019, 04:12 AM
Esp32 has wifi feature.
Jun 10, 2019, 04:54 AM
Thread OP
And it has 1000 times less RAM than a raspberry zero, and no Linux support.
Jun 10, 2019, 09:14 AM
raspberry zero, teensy ,esp32 or something..........all unvalue. you will not know when this project has new version .
So much discuss about this problem but It cannot go farther. I am no stranger to this

Atm , This is the final version ULRS , users happy with it and do not wait ...
Jun 10, 2019, 09:44 AM
Thread OP
Your post is a bit difficult to understand, what's your question ?
Jun 11, 2019, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc my life
raspberry zero, teensy ,esp32 or something..........all unvalue. you will not know when this project has new version .
So much discuss about this problem but It cannot go farther. I am no stranger to this

Atm , This is the final version ULRS , users happy with it and do not wait ...
What are you talking about? or what are you trying to say? google translator does not translate very well the eastern languages!
Jun 11, 2019, 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
And it has 1000 times less RAM than a raspberry zero, and no Linux support.
"Flip" do you already have any project based on pi zero?
the pi zero is already used in some flight controllers!
would it be interesting to incorporate an RX into a controller?
or his idea would be to control by "total range" by WWW
Jun 11, 2019, 09:07 AM
Thread OP
No experience with the zero, other than flipping some gpio pins.

But I had no experience with atmega or RFM chips when I started ULRS.

Porting the code shouldn't be too complex as it's C++ to C++, and few atmega specific peripherals were used. Basically pin interrupts, serial communication, spi communication.

Having ULRS and a FC on the same raspberry why not it's two separate applications that communicate. How in practice send data from one to the other I don't know for the moment but shouldn't be a big issue.

I don't like the idea of piloting a drone through 5G or similar. Pretty sure the coverage will be low as we get far from roads and cities.
Jun 11, 2019, 09:16 AM
Multirotors are models too!
I am still from the school of separating the components
RC receiver
Flight controller
Video
All separate......
Latest blog entry: Test entry
Jun 20, 2019, 07:54 AM
flipflap,

the open source version, does it work as is on Guthub, and will it work with the reference design as on the website?
Jun 20, 2019, 09:18 AM
Thread OP
The open source version is the version 1.X, which will work with OrangeRx / wolfbox modules.

Thz reference design is specifically for ULRS 2.X and has an incompatible pinout for ULRS 1.X
Jun 20, 2019, 09:24 AM
Quote:
The open source version is the version 1.X, which will work with OrangeRx / wolfbox modules.

Thz reference design is specifically for ULRS 2.X and has an incompatible pinout for ULRS 1.X
ok, I'll compare. If the hardware definitions were updated, would it work?
Jun 20, 2019, 09:46 AM
Thread OP
It's not impossible but not trivial because irq isn't connected on ULRS Mini boards.
Jun 20, 2019, 09:52 AM
Quote:
It's not impossible but not trivial because irq isn't connected on ULRS Mini boards.
Ah....
Jun 20, 2019, 12:15 PM
If I remember earlier discussions correctly, ULRS 1.x is RC control only, no telemetry?

Quick Reply