May 24, 2019, 10:49 PM
Thread OP
Hi, if you've got the RC OK but not the telemetry,

-check your wiring (remember to connect the FC RX-TX to the ULRS TX-RX)

-check the baudrates (19k on the FC, 56k on the computer)

-check the configuration of Ardupilot
to remove ads between posts
May 25, 2019, 12:21 PM
Hi Flip Flap,

Sorry my english, you didnt understand.

1. My system now work openlrsng , stable to 10km , i use '' no telemetry option config.''. I didnt know your firm., i want to test, but i want 1w in plane,
wolfbox no way, my question is about use my wolfbox tx and orange 1w rx ( your firm) in plane, any problem yes or not.?

2. if have problem its ok , i will buy two orange modules 1w and my atually system mantain openlrsng , its ok.

3. I dowlouded your software , but no way, its open, but no navigation.

Tks your atention.
May 25, 2019, 02:32 PM
Thread OP
Yes you can use OrangeRX 1W TX on the ground and in the plane (TX working as RX), without any modification to the board.

You'll find all information about ULRS here : http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/ultimate-lrs/

Follow the set up instructions and it should work, a lot of users are using OrangeRX in this way, 2 x 1W with full telemetry.
May 25, 2019, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
Arduino is releasing a lot of new boards ... https://store.arduino.cc/new-products

Didn't read in detail yet, but there could be one that fits ULRS and runs a 32 bits micro.

edit:

-This one https://store.arduino.cc/nano-33-iot looks promising with its 32 bits microcontroller, wifi and bluetooth connectivity, and a crypto chip. Just imagine : as easy to build as the current ULRS Minis, but with good CPU/memory, providing directly Wifi connectivity, and hardware encryption. And easy code portability.

-This one https://store.arduino.cc/nano-33-ble is very interesting too, 32 bits CPU, bluetooth low energy, and an IMU ! Wouldn't be surprized if someone adapts Ardupilot to run on this.

- OMG the next one is still better, https://store.arduino.cc/nano-33-ble-sense with the CPU, IMU, temperature, pressure, humidity, light, color and even gestures sensors. Really no idea what to do with all of this. Maybe I'm just dreaming because it becomes really weird...

- OK, and then a little different https://store.arduino.cc/mkr-vidor-4000 but could be perfect for my other project, transmitting digital video over an analog video link. Good CPU, FPGA, able to do DSP over video signals. Maybe possible to do a color graphical OSD ?
I am very happy to see how the news comes with time, and good ideas are strengthened by these events.

flipflap, my thanks for your dedication and perseverance that keep alive this great work.

greetings,

Felipe
May 26, 2019, 03:51 PM
Thread OP
Hi Felipe, thanks for your support !

Well until now there weren't many options in a small form factor. I considered the STM32 blue pill board but it's not really ideal, for example it requires a programmer to be programmed (not just an FTDI or USB cable). I searched for alternatives, and for example it's almost impossible to find a small STM32 board with just a small touch screen. I found a dev kit from ST with a good touch screen, but in this case the screen is taking almost every pin of the microcontroller...

Now after careful examination and testing of the STM32 platform, I'm rather considering a small linux board such as the raspberry zero. It allows to connect a screen, keyboard and mouse which is useful for configuration on the field (could be based on a small touch screen). It could be a good base for an interactive telemetry screen which would be attached to the RC controller, while at the same time sending the data via wifi or BT to a laptop (like the mavlink server feature of ULRS CC).

What I don't like with a linux board is that it takes some time to boot, but the advantages are faster development, many devices drivers, large CPU/memory resources, and easy portability to other boards.

ATM, I've put my hand on a raspberry 3B+, a pcduino8, a nanopi, and an arduino mkr vidor 4000. Waiting for the arduino zero. It seems that the raspberry has a much larger community than the other boards and so far requires the less efforts. To be honest programming ULRS on the atmega328 was really complex because of the RAM limitation (2KB). So having almost unlimited RAM and program memory makes things much faster.

For users having already an ULRS, the idea would be :
- either to desolder the arduino mini and connect a few wires to the raspberry pi.
- or, because unsoldering the arduino mini is a pain, to load a small firmware that will allow I2C or serial communication between the ULRS board and the raspberry. The atmega would then just pass the messages between the RFM and the raspberry and take care of time critical stuff like PPM generation.

Of course there would be soon someone to build a PCB to connect the zero with the RFM.
May 26, 2019, 06:24 PM
Hi guys,

Anyone can tell me which is this component? It doesn't appear in the list and it does not have any number in the picture.
May 26, 2019, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcp900
Hi guys,

Anyone can tell me which is this component? It doesn't appear in the list and it does not have any number in the picture.
Hi gcp900 this component is a txs0108ergyr

Envoyé de mon SM-A320FL en utilisant Tapatalk
May 27, 2019, 07:59 AM
And this one?
May 27, 2019, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcp900
And this one?
U.FL smd connector

Envoyé de mon SM-A320FL en utilisant Tapatalk
May 28, 2019, 05:53 AM
Rana
Quote:
Originally Posted by SorePaws
Attachment 12102801

0805 version done, I'll order some PCBs to test them.
hi, pls share pcb file
May 28, 2019, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by narpat007
hi, pls share pcb file
Will do once tested and ensure that it all works. I plan to do some documentation to help people that might want to build them, still waiting on the PCBs for the 0805 version currently, expect it will be net week before they get here.
May 28, 2019, 09:51 AM
RC fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
Hi Felipe, thanks for your support !

Well until now there weren't many options in a small form factor. I considered the STM32 blue pill board but it's not really ideal, for example it requires a programmer to be programmed (not just an FTDI or USB cable). I searched for alternatives, and for example it's almost impossible to find a small STM32 board with just a small touch screen. I found a dev kit from ST with a good touch screen, but in this case the screen is taking almost every pin of the microcontroller...

Now after careful examination and testing of the STM32 platform, I'm rather considering a small linux board such as the raspberry zero. It allows to connect a screen, keyboard and mouse which is useful for configuration on the field (could be based on a small touch screen). It could be a good base for an interactive telemetry screen which would be attached to the RC controller, while at the same time sending the data via wifi or BT to a laptop (like the mavlink server feature of ULRS CC).

What I don't like with a linux board is that it takes some time to boot, but the advantages are faster development, many devices drivers, large CPU/memory resources, and easy portability to other boards.

ATM, I've put my hand on a raspberry 3B+, a pcduino8, a nanopi, and an arduino mkr vidor 4000. Waiting for the arduino zero. It seems that the raspberry has a much larger community than the other boards and so far requires the less efforts. To be honest programming ULRS on the atmega328 was really complex because of the RAM limitation (2KB). So having almost unlimited RAM and program memory makes things much faster.

For users having already an ULRS, the idea would be :

- either to desolder the arduino mini and connect a few wires to the raspberry pi.

- or, because unsoldering the arduino mini is a pain, to load a small firmware that will allow I2C or serial communication between the ULRS board and the raspberry. The atmega would then just pass the messages between the RFM and the raspberry and take care of time critical stuff like PPM generation.

Of course there would be soon someone to build a PCB to connect the zero with the RFM.
Ben, you should maybe speak with yaapu (Alex) and Eric, who have produced the awesome telemetry solutions for frsky passthrough. They are looking at porting their code to new boards which have BT and WiFi integrated, with many ideas of making the most of this additional functionality. Their solution works very well with ULRS just now and maybe a collaboration could save you duplicating/sharing effort in your future ventures.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
May 28, 2019, 04:00 PM
Thread OP
That's an excellent idea !
May 30, 2019, 08:55 AM
Discovering the joys of flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by athertop
Ben, you should maybe speak with yaapu (Alex) and Eric, who have produced the awesome telemetry solutions for frsky passthrough. They are looking at porting their code to new boards which have BT and WiFi integrated, with many ideas of making the most of this additional functionality. Their solution works very well with ULRS just now and maybe a collaboration could save you duplicating/sharing effort in your future ventures.

Could you point out those projects? I only use frsky and inav so that would be an a great adition to my tollbox.

Thanks
May 30, 2019, 10:29 AM
RC fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adilson
Could you point out those projects? I only use frsky and inav so that would be an a great adition to my tollbox.

Thanks
It's for ardupilot >frsky see here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...anis-X9D-E-QX7

Quick Reply