Mar 18, 2019, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap
Congrats !
Bluetooth baudrate affects the transmission speed between tx unit and mission planner? I say it because the baudrate of the bluetooth that comes with the new orangerx combo tx unit by default is 19200.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2019, 11:15 AM

Mini ULRS on Antenna tracker

Hello,
I was out for a big project for almost 1 year.
And I did not have much time to read inside the forum.
Now I'm restarting with new energy.
I wanted to build a new antenna tracker, that can carry a big yagi beam for 433mhz as well a high gain 5.8ghz antenna
I wanted to mount the Mini ULRS module on the antenna tracker.
I will use adrupilote antenna tracker with a pixhawk.
The antenna tracker need to be complete remote setup.
I will have the telemetry link between plane and antenna tracker.
Pixhawk telemetry in over 433Mhz. (ULRS)
Pixhawk out over Bluetooth to the my Laptop.
All by all I guess I can build it.
For me the big challenge, how to create a bridge or repeater from 2.4ghz to the URLS module on the antenne tracker.
Did some one of you, already build a repeater/bridge with a URLS module?
Some ideas ?
One more question, what is at this moment the most reliable mini ULRS pcb, (no smd)

Good flying,

Wolf
Mar 19, 2019, 03:11 AM
Anyone knows where to find a 38-00-1395 cheap molex connector or another one that can fit? I am going to put an order here https://lcsc.com but they don't have it, and as it usually happens ordering just the connector on webs like radiospare or similar doesn't worth due to shipping cost.

Thanks!
Last edited by gcp900; Mar 19, 2019 at 03:30 AM.
Mar 19, 2019, 06:25 AM
Multirotors are models too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcp900
Anyone knows where to find a 38-00-1395 cheap molex connector or another one that can fit? I am going to put an order here https://lcsc.com but they don't have it, and as it usually happens ordering just the connector on webs like radiospare or similar doesn't worth due to shipping cost.

Thanks!
Not sure of your location but Digikey, and probably Mouser, carry them.
Latest blog entry: Test entry
Mar 19, 2019, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty105
Not sure of your location but Digikey, and probably Mouser, carry them.
Yes, but have the same problem, shipping cost.
Mar 20, 2019, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wollo
Hello,
I was out for a big project for almost 1 year.
And I did not have much time to read inside the forum.
Now I'm restarting with new energy.
I wanted to build a new antenna tracker, that can carry a big yagi beam for 433mhz as well a high gain 5.8ghz antenna
I wanted to mount the Mini ULRS module on the antenna tracker.
I will use adrupilote antenna tracker with a pixhawk.
The antenna tracker need to be complete remote setup.
I will have the telemetry link between plane and antenna tracker.
Pixhawk telemetry in over 433Mhz. (ULRS)
Pixhawk out over Bluetooth to the my Laptop.
All by all I guess I can build it.
For me the big challenge, how to create a bridge or repeater from 2.4ghz to the URLS module on the antenne tracker.
Did some one of you, already build a repeater/bridge with a URLS module?
Some ideas ?
One more question, what is at this moment the most reliable mini ULRS pcb, (no smd)

Good flying,

Wolf
For the 2.4ghz ULRS bridge although i haven't done it myself (I get plenty of range with just a vee antenna mounted on my transmitter) all you really need to do is place a 2.4ghz receiver on the tracker and feed the ppm output of the 2.4ghz receiver to the ppm input of the ULRS module. Add power and your done.
I remember others on this forum have mentioned building similar bridges before although it may take some digging to find their posts.

As for the ULRS pcb the main one i use is the "Starfish Board" (mainly because i designed it) and also a couple "SpongeBoards" both a through hole (no smd) designs and have proven very reliable. Other through hole boards such as the "Joey Board" and the "Wombat Board" have different designs but should be equally reliable it's really just a matter of purpose and preference.
I suggest just scroll through here: "http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/apmplane/ultimate-lrs-mini/" and pick one you like
Mar 21, 2019, 12:20 AM
FPV Melbourne
16ch 2.4ghz ULRS bridge with frsky S-port telemetry to horus X12S and ArduPilot antenna tracker and bluetooth link to PC with mavlink and 900 mhz mavlink for backup
Mar 21, 2019, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yak-54
16ch 2.4ghz ULRS bridge with frsky S-port telemetry to horus X12S and ArduPilot antenna tracker and bluetooth link to PC with mavlink and 900 mhz mavlink for backup
yak-54, incredible construction!
I am manufacturing a Yagi with your instructions, thank you!
Mar 21, 2019, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007trains
For the 2.4ghz ULRS bridge although i haven't done it myself (I get plenty of range with just a vee antenna mounted on my transmitter) all you really need to do is place a 2.4ghz receiver on the tracker and feed the ppm output of the 2.4ghz receiver to the ppm input of the ULRS module. Add power and your done.
I remember others on this forum have mentioned building similar bridges before although it may take some digging to find their posts.

As for the ULRS pcb the main one i use is the "Starfish Board" (mainly because i designed it) and also a couple "SpongeBoards" both a through hole (no smd) designs and have proven very reliable. Other through hole boards such as the "Joey Board" and the "Wombat Board" have different designs but should be equally reliable it's really just a matter of purpose and preference.
I suggest just scroll through here: "http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/apmplane/ultimate-lrs-mini/" and pick one you like
007trains,
I ordered the starfish boards, I'm waiting for the materials, thank you!
Mar 21, 2019, 12:08 PM
Quote:
gcp900, I have the same problem. $ 35.00 to ship an order for these connectors.
I will try to solve it as follows: solder short and flexible wires on the board and put on the tip of them dupont terminals. I seat the card inside the JR slot of the transmitter and then make the wires connections in the correct positions. If it works, I'll post it here.
Starfish boards were not delivered to test the idea.
Mar 21, 2019, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helixerox
gcp900, I have the same problem. $ 35.00 to ship an order for these connectors.
I will try to solve it as follows: solder short and flexible wires on the board and put on the tip of them dupont terminals. I seat the card inside the JR slot of the transmitter and then make the wires connections in the correct positions. If it works, I'll post it here.
Starfish boards were not delivered to test the idea.
It's a difficult connector to find, and normally webs that have it have also an expensive shipping. It would be a good idea to make an adaptation. Will wait for your results
Mar 21, 2019, 05:33 PM
Reprogramming an HK 100mW module after not binding.
Burn bootloader - OK.
Write blink sketch with Arduino - OK.
Connect ULRS - OK.
Firmware Upgrade ULRS - not in sync.

Previously, this unit worked fine but hasn't been used for over 12 months, picked it up and no bind.

ULRS gives out expiry warning as of 1st March, but seems to work OK on TX module?
Mar 21, 2019, 05:56 PM
Multirotors are models too!
Quote:
Maybe have someone ship them privately......
Latest blog entry: Test entry
Mar 21, 2019, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty105
Maybe have someone ship them privately......
I've been thinking in that option, but for now I've got a friend who is going to put a big order on digikey and will take advantage to buy the connector without shipping cost. Maybe in the future, althought I would like to find another connector that fits. Will wait for helixerox.
Mar 22, 2019, 01:23 AM
Just finished building the Bee board.
Upgrade the firmware - OK.
Change parameters - Fail?

Used new RFM and solder joints all seem fine.

Quick Reply