This thread is privately moderated by alpea 41, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 15, 2013, 12:03 AM
check for reversed controls
Thread OP
Discussion

Teamster office re model

Dang 2,500 hits and I don't use it

Been working on a Teamsters office remodel in Covina Hills , Ca for the .last week and a half. Have already completed Mens and Ladies room wainscot walls and floors about a month ago . But now have almost completed Walls of Arcithecual stone in Lobby Foyer, anteroom to the big conferance room and back splash over granit counters in employees lunch and break room.Property owner is really shelling out the big bucks.The whole ground floor of this app. 10,000 sq. ft., 2 story office space has been re-done. New office cubicles, conferance room with raised stage ,2 big flat screens and sound system . And new vinyl imitation wood plank flooring and carpet. Here's what the crew has been working on
Last edited by alpea 41; Nov 15, 2013 at 12:16 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 15, 2013, 12:04 AM
Thread OP
W T H I thought I was posting in my blog for the first time.... lol
Nov 19, 2013, 08:06 PM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
Very nice brother
Keep post

Larry
Nov 23, 2013, 04:11 PM
Thread OP
Oh, so you appreciate workmanship .
Check this one out .

It's a 2 bdrm guest house / granny pad/ pool house, built next to the back yard kitchen / Bar B Que outdoor cooking area. Which is across from the pool and Volleyball court . In a back yard of a house in Riverside Ca.

The owner insisted on perfection from all tradesmen working on this 1/2 million $ bungalow. It's a really nice pad .. However getting a soft stone flooring like Travertine to perfection can be challenging.
Nov 23, 2013, 04:59 PM
Thread OP
Seems as of lately we've had a few artistic projects.
Perhaps the oldest "hotel" Inn still around and accomadating guests in Riverside Ca. is the Mission Inn. Riverside didn't get a Mission per sey. The California . Missions were located on the Kings Highway from San Diego North to I don't know where , each a days travel apart so travelers could stay in a secure surrounding each night.
Every 5th grader in Ca. public schools learns about it.
Anyway the guy who started the Mission Inn musta felt left out so he styled his hotel to resemble an early Ca. Mission.
We recently replaced the carpet in the East entrance and Lobby with this Marble flooring.
The present owners traveled to Italy , liked the Old World look of the arcitecture there and gave us this pattern to reproduce.
Nov 23, 2013, 05:27 PM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
That's some nice looking work.
Love the weave pattern in the main hall.

Has any of your customers ever ask to
make the intentional mistake in your patterns?

Larry
Nov 23, 2013, 10:30 PM
Thread OP
No Larry , but on an estimate to a very posh Huntington Harbor Ca. home on Los Alimitos Bay .I was bidding re -modeling 3 or 4 baths because the kitchen had already been done. This was years ago and it was a Mid Night black Granite countertop done with 2 Island peninsulas facing each other equipped with top of the line Magic Chef cooktop stations so husband and wife could cook together I guess,all the cabnetry was fine furniture quality and the floor was a Dal Tile Red fired glazed quarry 3x 5 done in a Herringbone pattern. It was stunning . Anyway the lady of the house was preparing me with a stearn demand that all my work be of equally stunning appearance.
I was getting a little intimidated ,untill to avoid her gaze I looked down and at my feet the helper had broken pattern and put a cut in backwards so that 4 corners of the 2 cut pieces mated up.
It was perfect timing . I looked up to her steely expression and told her that that tile work was as perfect as you can get and I can do better. This guy or his helper made a mistake and this work doesn't intimidate me any more.

Well you'ld a thought I had rained on her parade all week, Left the seat up all year . And called her Castle a shack. "Where do you see an imperfection she demanded" All ways being told how gorgeous it is she was flabbergasted.
So I smiled and told her Herringbone pattern done diagonally to the walls is the most striking pattern . And look every where and because the tiles are long end to short end there is no where where any 4 corners come together like a 4 square box game on a childs play ground.
Except here and I pointed with my toe at the offending piece.
Her mouth dropped wide open she looked at me with the humor of the moment in her expression , laughed out loud and said ," And you'll fix that piece also"

I had the job.
We had great working relationship durring the 2 months I was there.
Long story I know but you don't get old and do a trade for 40 years with out stories.
Last edited by alpea 41; Nov 23, 2013 at 10:57 PM.

Quick Reply