This thread is privately moderated by MuscleCBT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Nov 14, 2013, 09:44 PM
Trader Rating: 139
MuscleCBT
Thread OP
Sold

Sourcerer kit, by Charlie Parker, NIB

This one is nearly unoptainium, a Sourcerer from Parker Planes. Although the box has seen quite a few years everything inside is in top shape. Two sets of plans with pictures. This is such a good looking and original plane, I hope it goes to a real craftsman. $110 or best offer (down or up!) plus shipping and insurance or LPU in San Francisco.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2013, 10:17 PM
Trader Rating: 78
3D Toy Designer
I'll take it. Sent PM.
Last edited by MicroRotors; Nov 14, 2013 at 10:23 PM.
Nov 15, 2013, 12:14 AM
Trader Rating: 82
I would like to be second in line if anything changes, please.
Nov 15, 2013, 03:19 AM
Trader Rating: 94
AMA 1100952
if anyone else has one of theses kits for sale let me know
Nov 15, 2013, 03:37 AM
Trader Rating: 100
Im looking for one also??!
Nov 15, 2013, 02:07 PM
MuscleCBT
Thread OP
I don't geddit...I put the price low ($110 or best offer, down or up!) because I have only a small idea what this is worth and it would be obvious that the person who wants it most would bid more, yes?

And yet I get five offers at the same price. Unless I'm completely wrong, 'or best offer' is a completely legit thing to do on this site, right?

I'm gonna stand by what I said, whoever has the best offer by Sunday night gets it unless his feedback is bad. I'm not 'moving the goalpost' here, that's what I said in the first place--I even underlined the 'or' in 'down or up!".
Nov 15, 2013, 02:25 PM
3D Toy Designer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleCBT
I don't geddit...I put the price low ($110 or best offer, down or up!) because I have only a small idea what this is worth and it would be obvious that the person who wants it most would bid more, yes?

And yet I get five offers at the same price. Unless I'm completely wrong, 'or best offer' is a completely legit thing to do on this site, right?

I'm gonna stand by what I said, whoever has the best offer by Sunday night gets it unless his feedback is bad. I'm not 'moving the goalpost' here, that's what I said in the first place--I even underlined the 'or' in 'down or up!".
The kit is not as special as you think, they flew OK and they were not that popular in their day. The only thing going for it is it's Oddity factor.

I have the plans and wood sitting right here to scratch one out. I was going to help my son scratch his first plane and I wanted this one so I can do a build along with him, lord knows I have plenty of experience cutting them out.

Now it sounds like your trying to have an auction on this forum which you are not a loud to do, ... maybe you should just shut this sale down and take it to Ebay seeing your trying to extrapolate every penny out of it.

Here is my deal, ... I will take it at $150.00 SHIPPED and INCLUDING INSURANCE, ... that price will KILL it, there is no more money in that kit, hence why people are not offering you any more for it.

So, ... If you want to wait until Sunday, ... Take it to Ebay. If you want to sell it as an auction, ... take it to Ebay, ... If you want to sell it now for $150. 00 to someone who will build it nice and right, ... I'm here now, ... otherwise I'll move on.

Regards
Bill
Latest blog entry: My New Toy!
Nov 15, 2013, 03:38 PM
Trader Rating: 94
AMA 1100952
I will take it for 130.00 shipped.
Nov 15, 2013, 03:51 PM
MuscleCBT
Thread OP
Uh....MicroRotors, you appear to be saying that 'or best offer' is not allowed on this site, wheareas we both see it all the time, don't we? I'm going to write to the admin of this site and do exactly what he tells me is right. Meanwhile, your attitude hardly endears you to a potential seller, does it?
Nov 15, 2013, 04:14 PM
Trader Rating: 74
Klutzsquatch

agree

Gotta agree with MicroRotors. These are the classified not some auction site.
Nov 15, 2013, 04:22 PM
Trader Rating: 106
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!
Quote:
Uh....MicroRotors, you appear to be saying that 'or best offer' is not allowed on this site, wheareas we both see it all the time, don't we? I'm going to write to the admin of this site and do exactly what he tells me is right. Meanwhile, your attitude hardly endears you to a potential seller, does it?
Best offer is typically not used for "auctions"...highest bid is.
Best offer means (to most folks) the next best price that wasn't quite as high as you wanted.

Asking $100, highest bid $140
Asking $100, but took best offer of $92

Big difference IMO

Edited to add: for sure, the free section has a "no contest" caveat...unsure about regular classifieds, but it kinda sounds familiar?
Nov 15, 2013, 04:23 PM
3D Toy Designer
Quote:
PM sent, ...
Latest blog entry: My New Toy!
Nov 15, 2013, 04:39 PM
Trader Rating: 73
Slope Stud
MuscleCBT

Poor form.

Oranator
Nov 15, 2013, 04:50 PM
Trader Rating: 49
Semper Fidelis...........
Quote:
I hope it goes to a real craftsman. $110 or best offer (down or up!) plus shipping and insurance
I don't get it. Bill is a one of my flying buddies. If you really are interested in it going to a Craftsman, check out Bill's Dauntless thread. It does not get much better than Bill's talents. I do agree with him though, maybe you should put it on Ebay, ..................just saying

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ight=dauntless
Nov 15, 2013, 04:59 PM
MuscleCBT
Thread OP
Well I can see that several of us have opinions about this issue. I've looked all over this site to find where the guidelines for writing For Sale threads but can't find it--I do hope that isn't because it's RIGHT in front of me and I can't see it because I'm not 12.
Can anybody direct me to where it is...?
Meanwhile, I've messaged the site administrator and await his guidance.

Quick Reply