Feb 19, 2014, 08:06 PM
Suspended Account
Mark, I'm lazy. Would you mine posting rx and tx prices, here? Thanks, the donk
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2014, 08:56 PM
I don't get why they make such expensive gear... its a hobby... it's mean't to be affordable to the masses.. this isn't and any controller over 300 bucks is not affordable to the masses and just plain stupid.
Feb 19, 2014, 09:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokiou
I don't get why they make such expensive gear... its a hobby... it's mean't to be affordable to the masses.. this isn't and any controller over 300 bucks is not affordable to the masses and just plain stupid.
Not sure I agree. The hobby is more affordable now, than it has ever been...

Back when I started, in the 70's my first radio was 110 bucks about $475 in today's dollars. This radio system is many ordinals better than that base four channel, non computer system.

Just a few years ago a 2100 3s LiPo was around $75. Now we get them for around $15. Brushless motors, ESC's and ARF's and BNF's now cheap...

I don't think they have any issues at this price point. They have systems for less and more.

Budgets are different as you point out but the hobby is really a deal at this day and time... IMHO we are very lucky to have better values today than I have ever seen in all my years of the hobby.

Mike
Last edited by pda4you; Feb 19, 2014 at 09:16 PM.
Feb 19, 2014, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokiou

Our adds say "Telemetry for All".

You can buy our $99 mz-10 5ch radio which provides telemetry notifications through audio tones or you can expand it with our Bluetooth module and get full graphics and voice telemetry on your SmartPhone.

Our $149 mz-12 6ch has build in voice telemetry as well as LCD screen that shows telemetry. The radio has mixers, flight modes, wing mixers and a lot of more software features all well below $300.

Even better, 300 bucks will get you 3 mz-10 or 2 mz-12 now how is that for a deal for the masses...
Feb 19, 2014, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift
Mark, I'm lazy. Would you mine posting rx and tx prices, here? Thanks, the donk

mz-24 12ch $499
mz-18 9ch $389
Feb 19, 2014, 09:40 PM
Suspended Account
Thks. Rxs?
Feb 19, 2014, 09:52 PM
Both come with a 12ch and 6ch telemetry RX
Feb 19, 2014, 09:54 PM
Suspended Account
Thks.
Feb 19, 2014, 10:22 PM
Hey Donk...Don't be lazy. Get off yer "a$$"

As far as prices and value concerns, Mr Graupner USA gave a great run down of the range of radios available from Graupner. If you really want added value on a lower priced radio set, Graupner has programmable receivers and servos. You can program mixing and end points in the receiver and servos. This will allow you, for example, to run a full house 6 channel sailplane with a 4 channel transmitter. How's that for value? Full telemetry features and HOTT technology for all receivers from the 2 channel model to the 16 channel model. Some receivers have built in varios and gyros too without the need for add-on sensors. Don't forget the ability to bind one transmitter to two receivers at a time for great channel expandibility. In my mind a better value is hard to find out there these days.

In addition to the new MZ series radios the MX and MC series should not be over looked. They may not have the flashy color touch screen but they do have the traditional programming and feature set that Graupner has been using for many years and is tried and true. The MX-20 was used by Benedict Fiegl to win the 2012 F3J championship with the GR-12L receiver. All with HOTT technology and full telemetry.
Feb 20, 2014, 08:11 AM
Quote:
expand it with our Bluetooth module and get full graphics and voice telemetry on your SmartPhone.
Can it be use on MX-20 ?

What other option can add to MX-20?
Feb 20, 2014, 04:23 PM
Yes you can add it also to the MX-20. It has its own BT module that can be placed inside the radio. It will give you BT headset or SmartPhone connection to be used with our telemetry App.
Feb 20, 2014, 05:07 PM
Well I have joined the MZ-24 club. It's all your fault Mike. Looking forward to learning the system and utilizing more reasonably priced telemetry.

Jay
Feb 20, 2014, 05:17 PM
Thread OP
The evil plot continues. I think you will like it...
Feb 20, 2014, 08:38 PM
Jay,

If you need help let me know.

Mark
Feb 20, 2014, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Miller
Jay,

If you need help let me know.

Mark
Thanks Mark! Much appreciated.

Quick Reply