AMA 97737
Discussion

Mellizo 50e biplane

New from Hobbyking

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...utm_source=EDM

Seems like a biplane version of their F3A Airoso pattern plane
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2013, 06:15 PM
I like it and put it in my wish list, love the front battery hatch to.
Nov 14, 2013, 07:17 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
$115 shipping from International Warehouse to USA ...
Nov 15, 2013, 09:16 PM
Really?!?
Looks like a copy of the Sebart MissWind 50e to me...lot's cheaper though...

Chris
Nov 15, 2013, 09:34 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Slightly smaller and substantially heavier than a Miss Wind 50e, at least based on specifications.

I have a Miss Wind, but this one looked like a nice "2nd plane", but the shipping seems a bit prohibitive...perhaps it will end up coming to the USA warehouse eventually.

The Airoso (monoplane) got decent reviews here on RCG, although it seemed a bit sensitive to trimming and setup.
Nov 15, 2013, 11:10 PM
Really?!?
I have a Miss Wind also, that HobbyKing plane may be somewhat different in overall dimensions but I bet it's proportions are near identical. It even has that funky inside radius on the trailing edge of the rudder.

Chris
Nov 16, 2013, 07:35 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
I agree.
Now that ThunderpowerRC is no longer the US importer distributor for Sebart, these planes are hard to find.
F3AUnlimited is only importing the F3A planes now.

Although heavier by about 1KG, it might make a nice windy day flyer compared to the Miss Wind. I hope it is a bit better than the HK Airoso.

It does look like the same factory produced both planes or at least "copied" it.
Nov 16, 2013, 09:00 PM
Really?!?
Less wing and higher loading, the thing must be a bullet. May or may not be a good thing for F3A...except on windy days.

Chris
Jan 09, 2014, 11:42 PM
KE your cub.
Except that bipes are notoriously hard to handle on windy days.
Jan 10, 2014, 09:07 PM
Less wing and higher loading, the thing must be a bullet. May or may not be a good thing for F3A...except on windy days.
Jan 24, 2014, 12:07 AM
Has anyone gotten their hands on this plane here in the states yet? I'm dying to hear a flight report.
Jan 24, 2014, 08:10 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Given the price for shipping this plane from HK International Warehouse to the US, combined with the sale pricing at SebartRC for a real Miss Wind (along with full spare parts support), the price is so close that it just makes sense to buy the Miss Wind IMHO.
Apr 22, 2014, 05:58 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Anyone bought and flown a Mellizo yet?
Stock levels are low (under 10 at all HK warehouses) so I'm wondering if it wasn't a good seller?
Sep 02, 2014, 10:10 AM
Just received one. Packaging good. Quality looks good. Motor mount is composite. Light weight. Hardware looks good. Canopy installation could be done better for looks. Will let you know more later.
Sep 02, 2014, 10:26 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Thanks for posting. I look forward to your opinion as I have been unable to find anyone with one of these planes (I even asked if someone at HK had built/flown one). There is virtually nothing on this plane !

What equipment are you planning on installing?