Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 25, 2004, 12:35 PM

**NEW** Foamy Factory Extra 300S!

Hey All

This is a Build/Info thread on the Foamy Factory Extra 300S that was recently released.

Here are some pictures of the start of my 2 new 44" Extra 300S's, The back wing only has one coat of paint, so its noticably lighter than the other.

Everyone post your pictures info or questions about the plane on this thread.

Videos, plans, and information can be seen on www.foamyfactory.com

Josh
to remove ads between posts
Feb 25, 2004, 01:08 PM
Quadcopter beginner
I hope your thread will manage to stay open. Mine was closed due to excess bickering.

As Martin Hunter has just demostrated, it won't be tolerated, and rightly so.

And on a lighter note, those wings look wicked!
Feb 25, 2004, 01:27 PM
Burnin' holes in the sky!
Great looking Extra wings, Josh. I guess you're in full ARF production now?

Since it's been brought up, I may as well warn you. Don't even talk about the fight, start another one, or anything related. No one cares who is/was right, wrong, smarter, more experienced, or anything else like that. We just want to talk about planes on here. A moderator will not hesitate to delete your post if you don't follow this, and you will risk having your posting abilities suspended. Some of us would rather compare our airplanes or get help on one than bicker. Don't ruin it for us by getting this thread closed. As I said earlier, either discuss it elsewhere or just forget about it and ignore whoever is disrespecting you. Before you make your post, think if you would say this to a real person, and think what their response may be.

Keep it civil in here.

Dan
Feb 25, 2004, 01:29 PM
Its already been discussed and everyone is fine. Technically, You are talking about the fight .

So Dan, wheres the pics of your Extra!

Josh

Quote:
Originally posted by SkyPyro
Great looking Extra wings, Josh. I guess you're in full ARF production now?

Since it's been brought up, I may as well warn you. Don't even talk about the fight, start another one, or anything related. No one cares who is/was right, wrong, smarter, more experienced, or anything else like that. We just want to talk about planes on here. A moderator will not hesitate to delete your post if you don't follow this, and you will risk having your posting abilities suspended. Some of us would rather compare our airplanes or get help on one than bicker. Don't ruin it for us by getting this thread closed. As I said earlier, either discuss it elsewhere or just forget about it and ignore whoever is disrespecting you. Before you make your post, think if you would say this to a real person, and think what their response may be.

Keep it civil in here.

Dan
Feb 25, 2004, 02:05 PM
Aerobatic Extremist
Hi Everyone...the thread has been restored at this URL >>> http://foamyfactory.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=111#111

...and it won't be interupted!
Feb 25, 2004, 03:09 PM
I meant everything under my post Anyways, I won't have any pics until I've finished airbrushing. It won't look like anything till it's done anyways. I'm a slow painter

Dan
Feb 25, 2004, 03:25 PM
Proud Pro Bro # 13
Quote:
Originally posted by SkyPyro
We just want to talk about planes on here. A moderator will not hesitate to delete your post if you don't follow this, and you will risk having your posting abilities suspended. Some of us would rather compare our airplanes or get help on one than bicker. Don't ruin it for us by getting this thread closed. Keep it civil in here.

Dan
Yep, you are right about that

Ulf
Feb 25, 2004, 07:11 PM
What set-ups is everyone planning to use?

Steven
Feb 25, 2004, 07:21 PM
40%, 5% whats the diff?
Freaking sweet.
Feb 25, 2004, 07:31 PM
? The wings

Steven
Feb 25, 2004, 08:00 PM
Razor 2500, Thunder Power 3s 2100, 12x6 prop, 6.6:1 gearbox. I may switch my Hacker in later

Dan
Feb 25, 2004, 08:49 PM
Inverted Electric Flyer
I'm building one right now....I'm going to use:

Mega 16/15/4
3:3:1 planetary gearbox W 12X6 slowfly prop
CC 25 ESC
TP 3S 2100 lipo

I just finished my UB 40" and it flies great. It hovers at 1/2 throttle!...I'm just not used to the "flopiness" of it....I think the extra will be more rigid being shockified and only one wing.
Last edited by tmproff; Feb 25, 2004 at 08:52 PM.
Feb 25, 2004, 09:15 PM
Here's my Extra 300s 40" and setup:

Himax 2015-4100
GWS D gearbox w/12x6 APC prop
CC 25 ESC
Kokam 3S 1500

AUW 14.5 oz

With my first flight it went staight up with 1/2 throttle. So I had to adjust the nose and bring it down a hair. Now it flies straight with full throttle. But boy can it climb, roll and loop. I still need a lot of work on hovering.

It was a little windy and it did just fine.

Currently I have a Dandy, GWS Zero, 3Dx and this Extra 300s. Now the 3Dx and Extra are my favorite.
Feb 25, 2004, 09:44 PM
Thought we could all use an exploded view...
Feb 25, 2004, 09:45 PM
and bottom...