Dec 30, 2013, 05:28 PM
Ah, ok. It doesn't say on the radio screen when you turn single channel mode on with a 12L what it is. Now I know.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2014, 01:24 PM
Thread OP
New Firmware version 1.013 for the mz-18/24 is now available. Use your upgrade studio software to obtain the update if needed.

We will provide release notes next week.
Jan 02, 2014, 02:24 PM

MZ-24 Firmware Upgrade Instructions

Is there an English manual that describes how the updater works? I connected my MZ-24 with the supplied USB cable and started firmware upgrade studio but can't seem to get past step 1. I saw my computer load the USB driver when I connected the MZ-24
Jan 02, 2014, 02:50 PM
From memory you need to turn off the radio when you start the update process...
Jan 02, 2014, 02:51 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettsmums
Is there an English manual that describes how the updater works? I connected my MZ-24 with the supplied USB cable and started firmware upgrade studio but can't seem to get past step 1. I saw my computer load the USB driver when I connected the MZ-24
If you have the English version of the Firmware Studio shouldn't it tell you on screen what to do at each step?
Jan 02, 2014, 03:09 PM
Thread OP
Make sure that the port selection for the updater is correct. Otherwise it should be a very straightforward process.

Did you install the USB driver prior to using the firmware studio program?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettsmums
Jan 02, 2014, 03:20 PM
I just did my update. You don't need to turn the Tx off. What happens is when you select "Auto Download", it pops up a new window with the available firmware that you need to click on then click "Download".

Did you notice that window? If you didn't, it'll just sit there as if nothing is happening...
Jan 02, 2014, 03:42 PM

Firmware Update Worked

Okay it worked. The problem was that it says to select the file browse button. The button really reads Auto Download. I also needed to do a port select to point to COM3 on my computer which listed the installed USB driver. Thanks for the help.
Jan 08, 2014, 11:04 AM
Is there a list of what the new firmware update contained?
Jan 08, 2014, 11:49 AM
I have programmed two full house sailplanes, one in my son's MZ-18 and one in my MZ-24. Everything works as desired but I think there may have been a different way to get the same results. I am exploring the Butterfly screen as many of the features I am implimenting are there but I would like to see more. I do have a question or two.

Is there a flap and aileron offset that can be activatedfrom the butterfly screen? This can be ties to the different Q-Link's (flight modes) for setting thermal, launch and speed modes.

Is there a place where I can set the Digital knobs (DV 1-4) and DT 1-2 as trim controls for various surfaces? I would like to be able to set trim on each aileron and flap with the DV knobs. Looking at the Trim Step screen on my MZ-24 I only see two places for Digital Trim. Should there not be at least 4?

I was able to set my left side slider to give added reflex in speed mode and added camber in thermal mode but I used a feww mix to accomplish that. My thought is that I can probably do the same thing from the butterfly screen.

Also, one bit of information for those using Flight modes. They are hierarchical. meaning that the first one will override the lower ones in the list. My order for sailplanes is Landing, Launch, Thermal and speed. This way when I move the left stick down for flaps in landing it will turn off any mode that I may have left on by mistake. Also whenI got to launch I can turn on Speed mode and Launch mode (I have them on separate switches) but Launch is the active mode. When I flip Launch mode off to start my zoom I will automatically be in Speed without needing to make an extra step. I just thought I'd mention it sice I didn't see anything about it in the manual.

Once I get comfortable I would like to make a video or two with steps to program various sailplane configurations.

Mark Miller
Isthmus Models
Proud Graupner Dealer
Jan 10, 2014, 12:56 AM
Thread OP
Mark, I was hoping to finish the release notes before leaving to the AMA show but ran out of time.

Will post the list next week after I am back,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Miller
Is there a list of what the new firmware update contained?
Jan 13, 2014, 10:16 AM

Antenna Question

Hi, Just got back into RC with a quadcopter. My new MZ-12 arrived on Friday, but how to arrange the twin antenna leads from the receiver (GR-16). At 90deg from each other horizontally or vertically, or may be at 90 deg horizontally and 45 deg vertically?

PS got the '33631 Voltage Module 2 - 4 S, XH' telemetry module.
Jan 15, 2014, 09:44 PM
Thread OP
You want them 90deg from another, one horizontal and the other vertical.

Best way to check is by analyzing your data log using the Firmware Upgrade Studio software which allows you to replay your flight.

Good luck!
Jan 25, 2014, 04:56 PM
i just bought an MZ-24 can i add a uhf long range system to it like a dragon link
Jan 25, 2014, 08:01 PM
Thread OP
You can use the ppm bus if your system supports it.

Quick Reply