Dec 18, 2013, 11:37 PM
That's great. I believe there is a huge amount of value in post flight analysis regardless of the aircraft. In DLG for example, launch technique and then such items as determining optimum wing cambers.

It seems that Graupner/SJ has a comprehensive line of sensors already and third party support too. From what I've learned their line is the most comprehensively developed. I'd like to get a look at the software, I haven't looked to see if it can be freely downloaded.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 19, 2013, 12:24 AM
Thread OP
You can download our firmware upgrade studio which includes also the ability to download flight log data and simulate the flight on your PC. It will give you a first impression as to what can be logged and monitored during flight.

For DLG you may want to use the Vario to report also sink or climb trend messages besides altitude altitude announcements.
Dec 19, 2013, 02:09 AM
Dear Graupner USA,

I'm a GRAUPNER radio owner for a long time now. I think HOTT telemetry is really the finest, far ahead Spektrum or Multiplex ones. I really love my MX-12 HOTT.

Recently I had the good surprise that my ALTIS V4 spoke HOTT with its last software version (1.5). I use this great little device on my Parkzone Radian.

So I connected it to output 5 on the GR-12, switched the output 5 to input for sensor, and my MX-12 detected the Altis as ... AIR module.

Question 1: does this make sense ? Is that right ? I though it would had been detected as Vario module ...
Question 2: Will Graupner/SJ plan to design specific screens for such modules like ALTIS V4 ?

Thanks in advance for your answer/clarification
Last edited by kurodo; Dec 19, 2013 at 02:15 AM.
Dec 19, 2013, 06:15 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
You can download our firmware upgrade studio....
I did that the other day. I have just recently got the MC-20 and not flown with it yet. I also downloaded a file that somebody posted since I was curious what it looked like. Very impressive software. You can play, pause etc. just like Eagle Tree Data Recorder software. Graupner and it's telemetry could easily be called the best system out there.
Dec 19, 2013, 11:53 AM
Thread OP
Kurodo, I use the ALTIS myself and was surprised they were using the air settings to display vario data and not the vario display. This is totally up to the developers of the ALTIS product.

You should contact them to ask for support for utilizing the vario screen menu.
Dec 19, 2013, 01:18 PM
Just got a copy of the software from the German web site. Here's the link - I selected the MZ-24 radio as that is what I will be purchasing, but I'm sure the basic software is the same for all radios, this software probably includes any firmware updates for that radio.

http://admin.graupner.de/fileadmin/h...oftware_DE.zip.

Chris.
Dec 20, 2013, 01:11 AM
Thread OP
The software is generic for all our HoTT radio's, receivers, telemetry modules, telemetry ESC's and chargers.

It allows you also to perform certain operations on receivers, program servo's and analyze flight data. Updates are performed directly via the Internet with the latest software releases.

Check our website. The mz-24 is now 10% less for the holidays
Dec 20, 2013, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
Kurodo, I use the ALTIS myself and was surprised they were using the air settings to display vario data and not the vario display. This is totally up to the developers of the ALTIS product.
Hi again,

I though a little about it, and I finally suppose that if the Altis identified itself as vario modul, it would have no "room" to put back temp, voltage and throttle ...

Same with the GPS vario modul.

The only way for the ALTIS to send back altitude AND temp, voltage and throttle is to identify itself as AIR modul !

Of course a dedicated screen for ALTIS in the radio would be CHERRY ON THE CAKE
Dec 20, 2013, 09:16 AM
Just a quick question, what's the latest firmware version for the MZ-18? TIA!

R
Dec 20, 2013, 09:55 AM
For firmware etc, go to the German site. It's the best source for them latest stuff. Here is the link for the firmwares.

http://www.graupner.de/en/supportdet...6-24c188df3dd1
Dec 26, 2013, 02:30 PM
Just got my MZ-24 from the FedEx driver. He was driving a rental truck due to the number of Christmas parcels. The radio is charging now and this evening I should be spending time learning about it. I will say that it feels great in the hand and is solid and well made. The sticks are super smooth and not at all flexible like the Spektrum gear. In fact, they are as smooth as my JR 12x.

Chris
Fort Worth, Texas
Last edited by Agilefalcon; Dec 26, 2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: added my name
Dec 27, 2013, 09:54 AM
Can you use a model memory from a MZ-18 on a MZ-24?
Dec 27, 2013, 03:32 PM
Suspended Account
"In addition the US receivers have some less functions of receiver mixers, which has also an influence of the different pricing"

got this elsewhere true or false ?
Dec 28, 2013, 12:49 AM
Thread OP
Mark, although I have not tried it yet I think there may be issues with the channel mapping. I will test this out and let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Miller
Can you use a model memory from a MZ-18 on a MZ-24?
Dec 28, 2013, 01:15 AM
A new question for the support guys.

I have flown the 6S no vario engine module on my Logo 400SE today. It works beautifully with a couple of minor inconveniences.

One is that I do not get maximum Amps the way a +T speed controller does it. I really liked the +T showing on the telemetry screen at the end of the flight the maximum Amps pulled. It shows instantaneous Amps but no easily seen maximum. Even looking at the log file in the Graupner software it only seems to do instant. I would need to watch the entire 7.5 minute flight to get an idea what did it max out to. I'm running close-ish to the capacity of this module (the 14S 150 Amp one is too big for this heli). I used my Oracle data logger to see what is happening during an "average" flight before I fitted the engine module. According to this I run an average 28 Amp draw with a couple of peaks at 49 to 50 Amps lasting 2 seconds maximum. I wanted to make sure I don't go past 60 as there is no RX battery on this heli, in case the module dies on me.
Because of this I would really like to be able to check at the end of the flights the maximum Amps.
Is there a way to do this from the Telemetry screen on the MZ-24?

The second thing is that even though I have all alarms but capacity, over-current and low voltage disabled, the Telemetry still shows all available telemetry functions, just no data for the unused bits. The second telemetry screen also cycles between the display of all these sensory values, regardless of them being used or not.

Can that be disabled somewhere so I only get the active sensory display? If not, could this and the maximum Amp draw be added into the next firmware update?

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply