Sep 10, 2014, 08:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gquiring
Can you please answer the question first, what are we listening to? Downlink or uplink?

Next I don't know where or what the L-Pack value is. I was not flying a timer so I have no data log.
Your L-Pack will always show even when not running a timer. It will show only the highest value.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2014, 08:08 PM
What capacity should I get for the Micro SD card? I'd like to start logging flights, but until I have a card that's not going to happen.
Sep 10, 2014, 08:11 PM
Thread OP
4Gb should be more than enough.
Sep 10, 2014, 08:46 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
The RX strength errors you are hearing are from the downlink which is your telemetry data.....
Perfect, that's what we wanted to know.

Even when at the far end of the field with a 4 foot plane at pretty much the farthest comfortable distance I can see it at, the downlink only goes to the 20's or so. I peeked at the Quality a couple times and never saw below 95%.

I forgot to put a card in so have no logs but will certainly get some next time out.

Regardless, with this info, I have completed confidence in the system.
Sep 10, 2014, 09:30 PM
So we can look at the L pack on the telemetry on the tx. The lower the number the better? I'm a little slow at this stuff.
Sep 10, 2014, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraflyr
So we can look at the L pack on the telemetry on the tx. The lower the number the better? I'm a little slow at this stuff.
Correct. Once you approach 1800 to 2000, you basically lost your link.

I experienced that on a 600 size heli with a 12L receiver on board, near a mobile repeater tower (cell tower for the US guys). It was a wierd feeling but I can confirm that the warning tone comes way before the link breaks, so you should have time to get out of the bad reception zone. I didn't try the same field with a dual antenna Rx yet, so can't say how it compares. I know my flying mates hade no issues with Futaba diversity receivers, so am expecting the same once I go back there with an 18L.
Sep 10, 2014, 10:45 PM
And it keeps the highest number until you power down the RX? Cool to know. Thanks!!!
Sep 10, 2014, 11:07 PM
Not sure about that. I checked mine off the SD card.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraflyr
And it keeps the highest number until you power down the RX? Cool to know. Thanks!!!
Correct.
Sep 10, 2014, 11:32 PM
Mannie, were you ever able to find out anything from the Graupner engineers about the Governor Speed setting on the ESCs, especially if you're running multiple RPM settings?
Sep 11, 2014, 05:13 AM
As I read up on the programming (or settings) in preparation of the new glider I'm about to receive, it occurs to me that it would be really helpful to see a step by step outline of what to do first and then second, third, etc through an entire set up. Of course some things would not be applicable and should be listed as optional.

We do have access to the manual and as a pictorial resource that's fine, but as a step by step outline to set up a heli, airplane, glider, it really doesn't help at all.

Is there a document like this already somewhere?

I remember reading that Mannie has been offering to do setups for people and that's awesome (and I downloaded it) , but it doesn't help with understanding the set up process. I liken it to the proverb "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime".

Just a thought.
Sep 11, 2014, 05:42 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sctholson
Just a thought.
We need a Sherman Knight for Graupner.

http://www.kennedycomposites.com/ins...Ver%203.01.pdf
Sep 11, 2014, 06:29 AM

Governor mode interrogations

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum
Mannie, were you ever able to find out anything from the Graupner engineers about the Governor Speed setting on the ESCs, especially if you're running multiple RPM settings?
Hello , like i said , taht is the question with governor mode ?

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=2241323

Best regards
Sep 11, 2014, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sctholson
As I read up on the programming (or settings) in preparation of the new glider I'm about to receive, it occurs to me that it would be really helpful to see a step by step outline of what to do first and then second, third, etc through an entire set up. Of course some things would not be applicable and should be listed as optional.

We do have access to the manual and as a pictorial resource that's fine, but as a step by step outline to set up a heli, airplane, glider, it really doesn't help at all.

Is there a document like this already somewhere?

I remember reading that Mannie has been offering to do setups for people and that's awesome (and I downloaded it) , but it doesn't help with understanding the set up process. I liken it to the proverb "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime".

Just a thought.
There's is a setup wizard you can use to help set up your model. Is that what ya mean?
Sep 11, 2014, 09:34 AM
Well, I don't see the wizard as being helpful in this way. When I used the wizard for the helicopter the flow of the screens just didn't work. What I mean by that is the wizard goes through the screens suggesting a flow, but in reality you can't actually set anything since the rx isn't even bound at that point. I ended up just using the back button.

Sure I set the type of aircraft, swash setting and electric, but that was the only result of the wizard. I suppose I got an understanding of the other screens. I did not however get an idea of the flow of what to change next and am I covering everything before I declare "yup it's set-up".

I suppose there are other ways than an outline to accommodate what I'm suggesting. I remember in my JR radio manual at the end, was a graphic layout of the features and open boxes where one could write down the settings. That's another way of having something similar to "check the box" so something isn't overlooked.

In the end, making the set up easy is what I'm thinking of. To me this entails more than just having a nice graphic interface.

Quick Reply