Dec 13, 2013, 10:24 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrego
The MZ24 is quiet enough to be unusable even alone with electrics unless it's far out. It's a shame to hear that the MC20 is probably the same way.
Having not had it out to actually try I guess I can't really say but my impression is that it will not be "unusable" in relatively quiet situations.

I expect to use earphone though since the talking radios will become more prevalent in the near future. I want to have it in my ear so I concentrate on it and not somebody beside me. I have a great earphone to use now as my wife's earbuds have one side crapped out. I will take those and chop off the bad one and get her a new pair.

The only thing I dislike about the earphone is that you have to flip the cover on the top of the MC-20 open to get at it. I was thinking of making a hole in the cover so earphone can be plugged in without having cover open and flapping around.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 13, 2013, 10:27 AM
Same on the MZ24. I've thought about just removing the cover.
Dec 13, 2013, 05:36 PM
Thread OP
The mc radios have a bit of a different design making the speaker sound more prominent compared to the mz to the point where I would receive complains from fellow pilots to reduce the volume.

In situations where nitro planes are buzzing around you will be better off with a earpiece.
Dec 13, 2013, 07:08 PM
I can't think of the last time I saw a nitro plane. Been a couple of years at least.

I wish there was a way to handle these radios without making a huge monetary gamble. I like my MZ24, but honestly, if I'd had a chance to hold it and try the programming prior to paying $500 for it, I would have waited to buy it until there had been some software revisions. Or maybe not at all due to the low volume of the speaker since I have other radios that I like already. (I sold my 14sg because I didn't want to wear an earpiece while flying for its telemetry). Now I'm thinking of buying an MC20 because it seems to address my concerns, but again, it's a nearly $700 investment to try it out.

What is the return policy if it isn't what I want? Could I get it, turn it on to see if the feel and sound work for me and return it if not?
Dec 14, 2013, 12:08 PM
Has anyone tried to use a SmartBox with the MZ-24? I cant get anything other than the Graupner/SJ logo...

Greets
Chris
Dec 14, 2013, 02:59 PM
Thread OP
The SmartBox does work with the mz-24.

Make sure you have the latest SB firmaware (4.2) and you are good to go. Use the model select menu option and select the option based on the sensor combination you have.
Dec 14, 2013, 03:06 PM
Thread OP
http://www.openhobby.com/front/support_return.php

The mz-24 has been on the market for only a few months. During that period we have implemented new features and solved problems based on the feedback we received from customers like yourself and we will continue doing so.

Rest assured that the US team is as critical and motivated to make something great even better.

Quote:
I can't think of the last time I saw a nitro plane. Been a couple of years at least.

I wish there was a way to handle these radios without making a huge monetary gamble. I like my MZ24, but honestly, if I'd had a chance to hold it and try the programming prior to paying $500 for it, I would have waited to buy it until there had been some software revisions. Or maybe not at all due to the low volume of the speaker since I have other radios that I like already. (I sold my 14sg because I didn't want to wear an earpiece while flying for its telemetry). Now I'm thinking of buying an MC20 because it seems to address my concerns, but again, it's a nearly $700 investment to try it out.

What is the return policy if it isn't what I want? Could I get it, turn it on to see if the feel and sound work for me and return it if not?
Dec 14, 2013, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
The SmartBox does work with the mz-24.

Make sure you have the latest SB firmaware (4.2) and you are good to go. Use the model select menu option and select the option based on the sensor combination you have.
Ahh, thanks! With the MX-16 i had to select the "external monitor" option - which just stays blank with 1.012...

THX
Chris
Dec 14, 2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
http://www.openhobby.com/front/support_return.php

The mz-24 has been on the market for only a few months. During that period we have implemented new features and solved problems based on the feedback we received from customers like yourself and we will continue doing so.

Rest assured that the US team is as critical and motivated to make something great even better.

I'm sure you will solve the issues, that's why I'm keeping it. I sent mine in and having them check that my speaker isn't defective. It's hard to believe its as quiet as it is. I'm betting that the speaker will be replaced. We will see what comes of it, I've been really impressed with the support so far.
Dec 16, 2013, 12:31 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Same on the MZ24. I've thought about just removing the cover.
Now I just need to scrounge around some old electronics and find a little rubber stopper flap from an earphone jack.
Dec 18, 2013, 02:07 PM

How are you using your HoTT

I'd be interested in seeing applications for these radios. Also, how are using telemetry data and what sensors you have installed.

I am into helicopters, senior pattern, IMAC and recently started DLG (hand launch gliders).
Dec 18, 2013, 03:50 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
1- is there any software difference between mz-18 and mz-24 ?

Presently There are no software differences
the mz-18 doesn't have mp3 player... thanks for the misinformation.
Dec 18, 2013, 04:08 PM

Graupner Radio’s and HoTT Products

WHAT!!!??? No MP3 player in a transmitter? What garbage. That's a basic feature! Does it only have 1 gimbal as well? Lol.
Dec 18, 2013, 08:38 PM

Graupner Radio’s and HoTT Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agilefalcon
I'd be interested in seeing applications for these radios. Also, how are using telemetry data and what sensors you have installed.

I am into helicopters, senior pattern, IMAC and recently started DLG (hand launch gliders).

On one of my helis I have a Graupner ESC. I have real time head speed, amps, mah consumed, ESC temp, rx and pack voltage, and signal quality. My glider has vario (altitude, climb/descent rate) and the standard rx volt, temp, and signal quality.

What's kind of cool is it is all saved to the sd card and then I can throw that card in my PC and replay the flight with graphs of everything.
Dec 18, 2013, 11:13 PM
Thread OP
Sorry, you are correct. There is no MP3 player on the mz-18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmware
the mz-18 doesn't have mp3 player... thanks for the misinformation.

Quick Reply