Sep 07, 2014, 09:26 AM
Wife, Son & House Payment
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggos
Hello, George here from the UK.
Just gone over to Hott from JR a few weeks ago. MZ24 + 6rx + 4varios + smartbox.
Getting along fine with it. But would like the vario telemetry in English not metric.
From reading this forum it looks like I need the USA voice file for the transmitter and this is not available in Europe. So could someone post it as a zip file? Its no good pointing me at Openhobby as it wont let European users in.

Also does anyone have a setup file for a 4 servo wing glider (no spoilers or motor)
Thanks in advance .
George.
Attached is the USA Voice file zipped up. if you want to get to Openhobby try using a proxy server from the USA, the proxy server will mask your real IP and they will think that you are coming from here in the states. I have not had any problem getting to the German site at Graupner where they have had the files that I was looking for.

http://www.us-proxy.org/

Chris
to remove ads between posts
Sep 07, 2014, 03:41 PM
Some time back someone asked about a bigger lipo battery for the MZ24. Has there been any movement on this? My flying was cut short today due to battery low voltage

Are there any tips on saving battery power in the setup? I'm thinking to reduce the screen brightness or similar.
Sep 07, 2014, 03:49 PM
George G
Thanks the voice file worked.
Was able to see Openhobby through the proxy but cant download files.

George.
Sep 07, 2014, 04:31 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee_random
Some time back someone asked about a bigger lipo battery for the MZ24. Has there been any movement on this? My flying was cut short today due to battery low voltage

Are there any tips on saving battery power in the setup? I'm thinking to reduce the screen brightness or similar.
With some small modifications (need to cut away a bit of the plastic around the gimbals set screws) you can fit this battery.

Or get yourself another 4000 mAh battery.

To conserve your battery use a lower screen brightness and make sure it dims itself after a minute or less.
Sep 07, 2014, 08:22 PM
Sailplane Mafia
I put my 2.5M sailplane up today with the MZ-24. I have a couple of issues. I also used the Graupner Hott Telemetry ESC. I could not get the brake to work. I tried a few different settings on page 3 of the user setup but I am confused which one actually controls the brake. Is it A-Brake, Min Brake or Max Brake. I enclosed a screen shot.

The other issue was the receiver strength being reported back. I routinely was getting 20% with altitudes in the 400-500' range. That seems pretty low. I was using a GR-16L with a fiberglass fuselage. The sailplane has minimum carbon (Topmodel Prelude).
Sep 07, 2014, 08:31 PM
How did you run the antennas? It's best to make them 90 degrees to each other. If they're both pointing the same direction, you might as well just have one.
Sep 07, 2014, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggos
Thanks the voice file worked.
Was able to see Openhobby through the proxy but cant download files.

George.
Bummer, an FTP server with all the files would solve that issue. Not sure if we have someone willing to host that or not.

Chris
Sep 07, 2014, 09:51 PM
Thread OP
Set A-Brake at 100% and Brake type as hard.

What was your L-Pack? Best is to upload your log file so we can have a look and as suggested check your antennas.
Sep 07, 2014, 10:14 PM
Sailplane Mafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
Set A-Brake at 100% and Brake type as hard.

What was your L-Pack? Best is to upload your log file so we can have a look and as suggested check your antennas.
Do I need to route the antennas outside the fuse? In sailplanes you don't have much room, the fuse is very narrow.

I checked the micro-SD card, no data was logged. How do you enable the logging?
Sep 07, 2014, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gquiring
How do you enable the logging?
Turn on a timer, that will start data recording.
Sep 07, 2014, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Do I need to route the antennas outside the fuse? In sailplanes you don't have much room, the fuse is very narrow.

It has to be timer one to get the logging to work, there then will be a folder on the sd card that will say "LogData" then each aircraft will have a folder where you can then see the data listed by event\date. To review the data you can use the Graupner Firmware_Upgrade_grStudio application.

Chris
Sep 07, 2014, 10:39 PM
Quote:
You may have to run one outside to get maximum range.

Quote:
You have to enable the main timer and activate it. As long as the timer is running, data will be logged.
Sep 07, 2014, 11:17 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Get yourself those antenna thingies. I have them on all of my sailplanes solves routing issues. Check Esprit or SUSA for availability. Looks cool too

Topmodel uses mild carbon in their fuselages so you should be good with a simple routing.
Sep 08, 2014, 03:24 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
....the receiver strength being reported back.....
I mentioned this in another thread. Are we getting confused about what the Signal Strength indicates? I seem to understand from this text in the MC-20 manual that Signal Strength is indicating the Downlink and the Signal Quality is indicating how well the Rx is hearing the Tx. And you should also be mindful that dBm does not go to a high negative number.

I always get Signal Strength numbers drifting to the 30's, even 20's during flights but Signal Quality rarely goes below 95%.

Quote:

Signal quality (S-QUA)
The signal quality (S-QUA) is sent “live” over the
receiver’s return channel to the transmitter and indicates
the signal quality in %.
Reception power (S-dbm)
Reception power (S-dbm) is indicated with negative
values, which means a value of zero is the maximum
value (= best reception) and the lower the values are,
the poorer the reception power! The range test before
operation, among other things, is important for this.
Note:
With negative numbers the evaluation of a number is
reversed: The higher the number following the minus
symbol, the lower the value is. Therefore, a reception
power of -80 dBm, for example, is poorer than one of
-70dBm.
Perform the range test as described on page 91 or
99 before each flight and, in doing so, simulate all
servo movements which also take place during the
flight. The range must be at least 50 m on the ground
with the range test activated. At this distance, the
value shown under “S-dBm” in the “RX DATAVIEW”
display may not be greater than -90 dBm in order to
guarantee safe operation. The model should never be
operated with a lower value (e.g. -95dBm). Check the
installation of the receiver system and the position of
the antenna.
The reception power should not drop below -90 dBm
during operation. Otherwise, reduce the distance of
the model. Normally, however, the acoustic range
warning (peep tone interval 1 s) is triggered before
this value is reached in order to guarantee safe operation.
Signal strength (S-STR)
The signal strength (S-STR) is displayed in %. In general,
an acoustic range warning (peep tone interval
1s) is issued as soon as the receiver signal becomes
too week in the return channel. However, since the
transmitter has a significantly higher transmission
power than the receiver,
the model can still be safely
operated. For the sake of safety, the distance to the
model should be reduced until the warning tone goes
silent again.

Sep 08, 2014, 03:47 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36

I always get Signal Strength numbers drifting to the 30's, even 20's during flights but Signal Quality rarely goes below 95%.

With these numbers I am talking about an electric plane with plywood skeleton running GR-16L and the only thing that the antennae are directly behind is monokote. I get the 20's and 30's when the plane is at the far end of the field. When it is near the runway I get like 70's and 80's.

Quick Reply