Dec 10, 2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graupner USA
No punching, gives us warranty issues...

Ok, got it. We have two things here one is the beep that keeps on beeping telling you that there is no RX signal which is important as there has to be a communication link established between the TX/RX. The way around it is to turn the TX RF transmission off.
But it is beeping from the moment you turn on the TX and tell it to start transmitting. If it did it only once it had established link for the first time, that would be fine, but when I haven't even turned on the model yet it is annoying. Just turning the RF on and off isn't a good solution, it requires 3 different screens to get to (from the main screen, 4 if you are on telemetry). If there was a quick button on the main screen (there is an icon, but touching it does nothing) that would be fine, but wading through menus isn't. Alternately, make it so pressing the physical ESC button cancels all alerts. Then I'd be fine with it the way it is.

Quote:
And then there is that other woman's voice in your life that warns you and tells you what to do. I understand, not always welcome. The way to make her go is to either go into the telemetry error screen (red mz on the main screen) and push on the set strength alarm to off.

What I understand from each of you is that you don't want any voice alerts or does it apply to any alarm including the beeping?
No, I don't want any alerts or beeps prior to the first link up with the receiver after turning the TX on. Once it has established link if it loses it, then warn me with everything that way I can have the stress of a woman talking and beeping while watching my model hit the ground. However, once it starts, PLEASE let me hit the physical ESC button to make it all shut up.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 10, 2013, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Haiti, glad to see your radio made it all the way down under!
Makes two of us I wasn't this excited hobby wise for a long time. And your stuff didn't disappoint either

Regarding the Rx strength alarm: it's not the fact that it warns you, the warning is necessary, part of the reason I bought all this Graupner gear. The annoying bit is the alarm going off from the second you turn the Tx on.

I don't know about you, but when I get ready to fly, I turn on the Tx first (old habit dating back when receivers started motors up without being told by the Tx), then spend time getting the heli (or plane) ready by fitting battery, quick once-over and finally plugging the model battery in. In the minute that just passed, the Tx is merrily blabbing about the yet to be turned on receiver signal.

Don't get me wrong, I want the warning in case my model has any Rx signal issues while in the air, so disabling THAT warning all together is not the solution.

Maybe a timer on the strength warning that only fires once subject of the Tx being just turned on. A 2 minute timer would be sufficient at Tx ON only. That would give the modeller enough time to get the model ready and powered up without annoying the rest of the field.

I never had a Jeti, so I don't know how they do it, if they have this kind of alarm at all, but something needs to be done about this for sure.
Dec 10, 2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hati
I never had a Jeti, so I don't know how they do it, if they have this kind of alarm at all, but something needs to be done about this for sure.
Jeti and Frsky do it the way I described.
Dec 11, 2013, 06:30 PM
I did a lot of thinking today about what would make the biggest difference on the software for the MZ-24 and came up with a short list.

Logic switches. I understand that the MC and MX series have them. I would like to create a logic switch that trips anytime a switch is in a certain position AND the throttle is above idle. That would trigger the timer. I'd also like to create another where a switch is in a certain position AND the throttle is exactly at mid stick... Which brings me to number 2.

Allow custom voices and the ability to assign them to an event or switch. That way when my above logic switch is tripped and the throttle goes through mid stick it would say "zero". That would also allow the radio to announce what Qlink you're in, dual rates, flaps, or just make a dumb sound on command.

Just clean up the interface and make the front screen more logical, things like the rf icon and sound icon should switch things when you touch them. Make the ESC button on the left of the screen cancel all alerts and beeping.

Those simple Things would completely transform this radio and make it a competitor to the best on the market. Of course I'd also really like a louder speaker, but I can work around that. You Have got a very solid product. Make it the best and implement those software changes. I can work around any other programming if those were in there.
Dec 11, 2013, 07:54 PM
Maybe a whish list thread would be the way to go to keep track of it all.

Btw I second all of the above.
Dec 11, 2013, 10:24 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrego
Allow custom voices....it would say "zero"....
Yup, if we had that type of voice announcements I would ditch the DX9 for sure and get one of the MZ or MX line to go with my MC-20. Or maybe even MC-32
Dec 11, 2013, 11:37 PM
Thread OP
Gentleman, thanks for your great input and please feel free to keep those coming so that we can make things better.

Thanks for your input!
Dec 12, 2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Gentleman, thanks for your great input and please feel free to keep those coming so that we can make things better.
It is nice to see that the US Graupner/SJ distributor is responding in this thread. I have one item on my whish list that would just about make my MC-20 perfect :

When using a mixer it would be relly nice if the mixing ratio could be controlled by a control input of choice.

An obvious application would be to assign the throttle stick to determine the mixing ratio, preferably via a 5-point curve.This would allow the throttle position to determine the "strength" of, for example, a simple rudder to elevator mix. Another example would be to assign a TX slider control to determine the mixing ratio so that it could easily be adjusted in flight.

Another suggestion: Presently your website is not available for viewing in Europe. Please remove this restriction as it serves no real purpose. I guess that most people know by now that prices may vary between continents and countries and that distibutors may be limited to their own "home markets" .
Last edited by Red B.; Dec 12, 2013 at 12:06 PM.
Dec 12, 2013, 12:01 PM
That is a nice thing to have. I used it to tune the mixes on my Jeti with flaps-elevator and spoilers-elevator. Never got a plane perfect that quickly before. 1 pass each way adjusted sliders and the mix was perfect. Land and see the value on screen and just make that the permanent value and disable the slider control.
Dec 12, 2013, 11:07 PM
Thread OP
Or mx/mz 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
Yup, if we had that type of voice announcements I would ditch the DX9 for sure and get one of the MZ or MX line to go with my MC-20. Or maybe even MC-32
Dec 13, 2013, 06:24 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Or mx/mz 32
Yeah, it's a hard call which radio to get. Once I get used to the form factor of the MC-20 I may want to stick with it. I removed the side rests so not really a tray but I love the strap with the big metal hooks.

So far it seems the MC-20 has some feature advantages over the MZ-24 so I would have to read up in the manuals to compare them all.

I don't know if I am big on the touch screen, would have to get my hands on one to see.
Dec 13, 2013, 06:28 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:

Thanks for your input!
One thing that really should be added to MC-20 if it were possible is an indicator light for charging. Using USB right now since I have a radio that came out of EU and can't use the supplied charger but neither way seems to show any indication there is actually power being applied.

Would a firmware update be possible to make say the battery LED light up during charging?
Dec 13, 2013, 09:23 AM
How is the speaker on the MC20? I was looking at the manual last night, and the MC20 has the features I'm missing in my MZ24. I've never had a radio with that form factor before, but I do use a tray a lot of the time, so it would actually make sense for me. I might pick one up to try it.
Dec 13, 2013, 09:46 AM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncrego
How is the speaker on the MC20? I was looking at the manual last night, and the MC20 has the features I'm missing in my MZ24. I've never had a radio with that form factor before, but I do use a tray a lot of the time, so it would actually make sense for me. I might pick one up to try it.
The sound is very clear with good tone and no distortion.

Just got the radio so have not had it out to see but I expect it will be as somebody described the MZ-24, not overly loud. Will be fine if you are flying alone or with electrics or small IC.
Dec 13, 2013, 09:50 AM
The MZ24 is quiet enough to be unusable even alone with electrics unless it's far out. It's a shame to hear that the MC20 is probably the same way.

Quick Reply