Jun 01, 2021, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Control Hobbies
Has it worked before?

It has hard to tell which issues you may have given that the wire connected between the RX and controller is soldered directly to the board.

It looks like you are able to access the receiver and set the CH8 output protocol so I would recommend that you trace the wiring and soldered connections.

Alternatively, you may consider using a serial diversity receiver which is better suited for you type of application.

https://www.controlhobbies.com/s1051.html
This is how i have connected it. Is this correct channel? I know this soldering is not best but have made better too but nothing changed. I cant buy new receiver at this moment, i was searching this receiver fpr a long time already. Yep it was working before but not with my quad. I need to update it, is there any chance that update will fox issue? There is big chance that it have very old, first firmware wich came with it from factory. If you can help me is there any chabce to update it through fligh controller or through arduino nano or usbasp instead of original update dongle?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2021, 07:41 PM
Hi, I am not aware of other dongles that can do the update.

One thing you can try is to first check the firmware version which you can do from the telemetry/settings and data view menu. It is shown on the first row of the menu.

I am sorry that I cannot help you with this.
Jun 03, 2021, 12:42 AM
Please add in future firmware - access to memory mz-32 mz-16 via Wi-Fi. It is very inconvenient to connect the cord every time to view the log files. Is it possible?
Jul 05, 2021, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimas_71
Please add in future firmware - access to memory mz-32 mz-16 via Wi-Fi. It is very inconvenient to connect the cord every time to view the log files. Is it possible?
I'm not sure it would be possible in firmware alone, it 'may' require some hardware configuration changes, if so, maybe the next gen line will support it?
Jul 05, 2021, 02:25 PM
I purchased a used MZ-18 along with 3 receivers in, what I think was a pretty good deal on eBay, should be arriving tomorrow... The end game is to test it out, see how I like it (pretty sure I will) then, if so... start saving for an MZ-16, keep the receivers and sell the MZ-18 to help finance the new MZ-16. I'm definitely ready to go another route with my Tx/Rx brand.

I felt the Graupner Firmware Update Studio was a bit of a pain to get installed on one of my Windows machines (Win10), and I'm an IT pro! Are there any ancillary instructions out there already that cover disabling Microsoft Defender SmartScreen, etc. so the program will install? If not, I'd be happy to put something together.

Apologies if this has been asked before (maybe even multiple times in this thread) but I'm just curious if it's possible to install the Pro software on an mz-18 using the Graupner update studio, or does it need to be sent in? I'd probably be sending it in anyway for an inspection as well but would still like to know.

Thanks!
Jul 06, 2021, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo777
I'm not sure it would be possible in firmware alone, it 'may' require some hardware configuration changes, if so, maybe the next gen line will support it?
Why? The Wi-Fi module is installed. There is access to the module memory. Enough software.
Jul 06, 2021, 09:45 AM
It should be send in. The cost is $29.

The upgrade studio should install without any issues.

Sometimes there may be software in the way but at the end it will install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo777
I purchased a used MZ-18 along with 3 receivers in, what I think was a pretty good deal on eBay, should be arriving tomorrow... The end game is to test it out, see how I like it (pretty sure I will) then, if so... start saving for an MZ-16, keep the receivers and sell the MZ-18 to help finance the new MZ-16. I'm definitely ready to go another route with my Tx/Rx brand.

I felt the Graupner Firmware Update Studio was a bit of a pain to get installed on one of my Windows machines (Win10), and I'm an IT pro! Are there any ancillary instructions out there already that cover disabling Microsoft Defender SmartScreen, etc. so the program will install? If not, I'd be happy to put something together.

Apologies if this has been asked before (maybe even multiple times in this thread) but I'm just curious if it's possible to install the Pro software on an mz-18 using the Graupner update studio, or does it need to be sent in? I'd probably be sending it in anyway for an inspection as well but would still like to know.

Thanks!
Jul 17, 2021, 01:51 PM

Graupner Radio’s and HoTT Products

Post moved.
Last edited by TheBum; Jul 17, 2021 at 03:01 PM.
Jul 31, 2021, 11:19 AM

How to see telemetry from ESC ULTRA 20A - SBEC - +T - BLHELI (S3082)?

I do not see telemetry from the ESC Graupner Speed Controller ULTRA 20A - SBEC - +T - BLHELI (S3082).
Receiver GR-12 (33506), radio MC-20 (33020).
In the Telemetry \ Sensor menu the item ESC is not marked, the Air ESC screen is not available.

Quick Reply