May 07, 2021, 11:44 AM
Question about telemetry, I asked about this a long time ago and was wondering if there are any plans for twin implementation? Any plans for this using 2 separate modules and sensors? More importantly, if this is possible in the future maybe you could look at engine synchronization? I know this is not a must have feature for a lot of people but it would be something that no one else offers.
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2021, 04:41 PM
Which radio are we talking about?

The mz-16/32 supports 4 engines and as far as the telemetry is concerned.

If you use electric motors you can flash the ESC's with a different firmware which provides the firmware with a different ID so that you can run with multiple ESC's on the same telemetry bus.
May 08, 2021, 08:02 AM
I’m using the MZ-32 in a gas application and would like to be able to use 2 telemetry modules, one for each engine so I can get RPM and temperature. Currently I’m using one module, RPM off one engine and the second temperature sensor has been extended to the second engine. The ideal situation here would be to do the same as the esc’s and have multiple telemetry modules on the same bus rather than hacking together a solution with one module.

As for multiple engine support, I was implying twin support for telemetry with separate modules; my wishlist like I said prior would be for rpm synchronization when using the required telemetry hardware. I currently use twinsync systems on my twins and I hate having the additional hardware and being forced to mount sensors or pay for ignition adapters. It’s a shame to have to do this when all the hardware is there when you install the Graupner telemetry system, I’m sure Graupner could come up with a simple software solution that would work very well. I know this is a very limited application but it’s just another reason for someone to move to the Graupner platform, it’s amazing what you have been able to pack into this radio and keep adding to it; just look at the GPS map feature!
May 10, 2021, 09:06 AM
MZ-32. Today I saw that the system time was set incorrectly. In which menu item can I correct the system time? I did not find
May 10, 2021, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimas_71
MZ-32. Today I saw that the system time was set incorrectly. In which menu item can I correct the system time? I did not find

It is on the BASE menu at the bottom "Time Info"
May 10, 2021, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken barkhouse
Iím using the MZ-32 in a gas application and would like to be able to use 2 telemetry modules, one for each engine so I can get RPM and temperature. Currently Iím using one module, RPM off one engine and the second temperature sensor has been extended to the second engine. The ideal situation here would be to do the same as the escís and have multiple telemetry modules on the same bus rather than hacking together a solution with one module.

As for multiple engine support, I was implying twin support for telemetry with separate modules; my wishlist like I said prior would be for rpm synchronization when using the required telemetry hardware. I currently use twinsync systems on my twins and I hate having the additional hardware and being forced to mount sensors or pay for ignition adapters. Itís a shame to have to do this when all the hardware is there when you install the Graupner telemetry system, Iím sure Graupner could come up with a simple software solution that would work very well. I know this is a very limited application but itís just another reason for someone to move to the Graupner platform, itís amazing what you have been able to pack into this radio and keep adding to it; just look at the GPS map feature!
Understood. Has never been on our list but maybe it should.

Will discuss with the engineers.
May 12, 2021, 03:58 PM
Question how accurate is the amp draw readout from a Graupner T70 ESC to a MZ-32 ?
(Motor amp draw)
Thanks
May 12, 2021, 08:08 PM
What kind of readings do you expect and what is your readout?

We fixed a bug in the mz-32 that calculated the current wrong.

If you want, shoot me a PM and I will hook you up with a test version to check it out.
May 15, 2021, 12:10 PM
PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Control Hobbies
What kind of readings do you expect and what is your readout?

We fixed a bug in the mz-32 that calculated the current wrong.

If you want, shoot me a PM and I will hook you up with a test version to check it out.
May 23, 2021, 12:36 PM

Mz 24 aura

Hey guys,
My friend is trying to set up and aura using his MZ24 and 12L
Any suggestions will be welcomed.
May 23, 2021, 01:27 PM
https://www.controlhobbies.com/s1012.html

http://wiki.flexinnovations.com/wiki...tional_Content

Follow the instruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraflyr
Hey guys,
My friend is trying to set up and aura using his MZ24 and 12L
Any suggestions will be welcomed.
May 25, 2021, 11:12 AM
Could the new new moving maps on the MZ 16 & 32 be useful in GPS soaring? I'm just just about to make the leap into this new type of contest (and still very ignorant) and hoped that perhaps this could consolidate some of the equipment requirements.
May 25, 2021, 04:55 PM
Why not. It is great for practice and you can create your own layouts.

Another alternative would be using our free Android or get the iMSB module which has tons of features to assist with triangle competition flying including waypoints announcements and more.
May 31, 2021, 05:38 PM
Hello, i am long time graupner user but have used gr12l receivers only with mx20 radio as i am using it for race copter. I have got first diversity receiver gr16 for a bit safety on long range. I have decased it removed metal pins as i haveno space for full receiver and directly soldered cables to it. I can bind it but can not receive any input from sticks. I have tried several channels on receiver and mostly tried channel 8 but after several attemps i though that it was mot exactly channel 8 pin and soldered cable to another end of the pins as there was chance that i have soldered on 1th channel on first. I have connected it to copter wich had gr12l before so betaflight configuration is all good. I have checked seceral times. Also i have tried sumdfs08 sumdhd08 and other sumd options in mx20 servo channel test menu but can not figure out what to do. I think it needs formware updat but i can not update firmware on receiver as i have no graupner usb dongle. I have arduino nano and usbasp dongles if i can use any of this for updating formware or you have any suggetion what to do ill be happiest because i really need diversity receiver & i have paid not a few amoubt of money in this receiver but cant return it as i have decased it alreadt. Thanks a lot
May 31, 2021, 06:54 PM
Has it worked before?

It has hard to tell which issues you may have given that the wire connected between the RX and controller is soldered directly to the board.

It looks like you are able to access the receiver and set the CH8 output protocol so I would recommend that you trace the wiring and soldered connections.

Alternatively, you may consider using a serial diversity receiver which is better suited for you type of application.

https://www.controlhobbies.com/s1051.html

Quick Reply